RAGE (Really Amateur Game Expo) is, bar none, the greatest online convention in the history of the internet.
What is RAGE?
RAGE is a kind of, but not really, game jam, where creators can compete to produce the worst, goofiest fan game possible using whatever tools at their disposal. RAGE has always prided itself in having some of the worst games to ever exist, and since Act 1 went so well, we're bringing it back home to SAGE!
Are there like, rules or something?
You mean guidelines?
• Games need to stick to the theme, this is the most important requirement to note.
• Submissions need to be in by 11:59 pm Central on Friday, October 21st.
• Send all RAGE submissions to [email protected]
• Games should really only be 5 – 10 minutes long. We're not looking for an epic here.
• Feel free to use any engine/platform/program you like, just make sure it'll run on modern day systems!
• If you don't have something on hand, there's trials of several commonly used programs, as well as free versions. Less experience might even help you here!
• Make sure your game does not start in full screen and will run in a window.
• Have fun with it! Sure you're shooting for bad, but you're wanting to make funny bad, like The Room or Birdemic of video games. (In other words, you're aiming for humor, not just garbage.)
You have a short time to create and submit your game between there, so get ready to get crackin’! In the past, RAGE has been entirely for bragging rights (if you're into that sort of thing) and making comical abominations. That's all good and fun, but once again, we're bringing back a grand prize for RAGE's first place winner:
A $50 Amazon Gift Card*!
We'll be holding a livestream where we'll play through every RAGE submission to close out SAGE 2016 on Saturday, October 22nd starting at 8:30pm! Shortly thereafter, the RAGE site will go live so you too can witness the whiteness, with the RAGE winner announced on October 24th.
In case you missed it during the livestream, YOUR 2016 RAGE Act 2 theme is…
We know you saw the 25th Anniversary live stream. You know what to do.
Brush up on your game making skills… or don't! Either way, RAGE is back home at SAGE 2016!