Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: SAGE 2016 - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 8 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

SAGE 2016 #wow #woah

#16 User is offline Felik 

Posted 04 September 2016 - 10:47 PM

• Wiki edits:1

View PostPerfect Chaos Zero, on 04 September 2016 - 05:40 PM, said:

View PostFelik, on 04 September 2016 - 05:05 AM, said:

Just provide a simple (preferrably automated) way to update demos. That's all I ask for.
Sometimes critical bugs sneak in at the last moment. Not all of us have a bunch of betatesters at hand.

Simply provide your own hosting and you will be able to update your demos by re-uploading a new version to the same location. If you need the URL changed, you will have to contact a staff member to make that adjustment. If you use in-house hosting, simply send a new copy of your game to a SAGE staff member and they will get it fixed up for you.

So yes, you may update your projects if you find any issues.

Ok thanks for clarification.
I wasn't sure cause opening post said "send a zip with a demo"

#17 User is offline jubbalub 

Posted 04 September 2016 - 11:49 PM

• W E L C O M E T O T H E N E X T L E V E L
  • Project:Sonic 1 Redux
Hm, I may just submit my project to SAGE this year, never done so before and likely not gonna stand a chance but it's worth a shot.

#18 User is offline Violet 

Posted 05 September 2016 - 03:51 AM

• Project:Flicky Engine, Overdrive
Can updates of engines be submitted?
My engine's getting a pretty big update, would be nice to release it at SAGE :p

#19 User is offline DarkVDee 

Posted 05 September 2016 - 11:04 AM

• Vampire Pixel Artist
  • Project:Sonic: Haven Home World
Quick question, what about the time zone? How will that work out for everyone?

#20 User is offline Perfect Chaos Zero 

Posted 05 September 2016 - 11:33 AM

• Notoriously Inebriated
  • Wiki edits:1

View PostViolet, on 05 September 2016 - 03:51 AM, said:

Can updates of engines be submitted?
My engine's getting a pretty big update, would be nice to release it at SAGE :p

So long as there is a small tech demo available to demonstrate it in action to go with it, absolutely.

View PostDarkVDee, on 05 September 2016 - 11:04 AM, said:

Quick question, what about the time zone? How will that work out for everyone?

Event's a week long, I wouldn't worry about that too much lol

#21 User is offline Neo Hazard 

Posted 10 September 2016 - 12:49 PM

• Wiki edits:2
Who's feeling a little SAGE UPDATE:
1. http://sagexpo.org (#wow #woah)
2. Looking to put together a preview video for SAGE 2016! If you'd like your game to be featured, please submit a 10 second clip of your game to sageentry@gmail.com. Looking at a deadline of 9/23 to get footage in, this is a great way to promote your game before the event and get some exposure (and hype!) going into October 15th!

This post has been edited by Neo Hazard: 10 September 2016 - 12:49 PM

#22 User is online Sparks 

Posted 10 September 2016 - 01:14 PM

• Project:Kyle and Lucy: Wonderworld
  • Wiki edits:21
Might be a bit premature to ask, but will any of the issues that delayed this SAGE delay future SAGEs as well? I kind of miss these being a regular thing.

#23 User is offline 360 

Posted 10 September 2016 - 02:28 PM

• Daft Punk Overdrive
  • Project:Sonic Neon
Can't say too much as we're not ready to announce anything yet but I'll have a project ready for SAGE.

I'd love to tell you more but behind the scenes we're still working hard on the game. We'll post a thread soon with an announcement. :)

#24 User is offline P3DR0 

Posted 13 September 2016 - 11:45 AM

• b0ss
  • Project:SONIC INFINITY

View PostSparks, on 10 September 2016 - 01:14 PM, said:

Might be a bit premature to ask, but will any of the issues that delayed this SAGE delay future SAGEs as well? I kind of miss these being a regular thing.
It's kinda hard to predict that. Hopefully this will not happen again any time soon, but the fangaming scene isn't at it's best currently so we can't say for sure. Hopefully this will change in the future, perhaps Sonic Mania will be that spark the community was needing to get back at it, perhaps Sonic 2017 will be the next Sonic 06 in terms of fangaming (as in, everyone is trying to make fangame version of it). It's safe to assume that as long as there's people interested in the fangaming scene, SAGE will always be there, but keep in mind that SAGE is not hosted by a large website, a huge company or whatever. Is a event hosted by people that fangame or are into fangaming, people who also have to work, eat, go to school, sleep and so on. So who knows, the future is unclear, perhaps next year no one will want to host it. Perhaps next year the fangaming scene will be so weak that there's no point hosting an event for two or three fangames or maybe perhaps next year will be amazing ever better (hopefully) than this years' one.
In the end, I guess we all miss it being a regular thing, but it's no one's fault that it isn't anymore. We all sorta grew up and don't have as much time as we used to have a few years ago. So such a question is impossible to answer so early on, maybe next year Neo won't be able to host it again because of personal stuff and no one will want to or maybe you will get a very demanding job that won't allow you to work on your fangame or perhaps next year you'll realize that you're actually into Bubsy and not Sonic and quit the community looking for others "Bobcaters" at some other place, perhaps you guys can even create your own 'BAGE'.

Point is, it's safe to assume that SAGE will exist as long as the fangame community does so you don't have to worry about that much. We may find some obstacles along the way but hopefully we'll always find a way to overcome them... with the real super power of teamwork. Because we're Sonic Heroes.

#25 User is offline ElectricSparx 

Posted 14 September 2016 - 01:08 PM

• Project:Temporal Shift: Flow of Eternity

View PostP3DR0, on 13 September 2016 - 11:45 AM, said:

perhaps next year you'll realize that you're actually into Bubsy and not Sonic and quit the community looking for others "Bobcaters" at some other place, perhaps you guys can even create your own 'BAGE'.

I'd love to see "BAGE" ironically. :v:

#26 User is online Hez 

Posted 14 September 2016 - 03:22 PM

• Asshole
  • Project:Your mother
  • Wiki edits:27
A lot of people are expanding beyond sonic. It'd be nice to keep the SAGE name, but expand to something like Super Amateur Gaming Expo. It might attract a bigger crowd.

#27 User is offline 360 

Posted 14 September 2016 - 06:05 PM

• Daft Punk Overdrive
  • Project:Sonic Neon

View PostHez, on 14 September 2016 - 03:22 PM, said:

A lot of people are expanding beyond sonic. It'd be nice to keep the SAGE name, but expand to something like Super Amateur Gaming Expo. It might attract a bigger crowd.

This is an interesting point. Back in the day some of the original games featured in SAGE got the spotlight and were pretty amazing. I recall one or two expos with some great original projects. If SAGE's light could expand to be more encouraging and inclusive of original projects I think that could be a really good thing and increase the relevance and importance of the event. Just something to think about.

Excited and looking forward to this year's show.
This post has been edited by 360: 14 September 2016 - 06:05 PM

#28 User is offline DarkVDee 

Posted 14 September 2016 - 06:17 PM

• Vampire Pixel Artist

View Post360, on 14 September 2016 - 06:05 PM, said:

This is an interesting point. Back in the day some of the original games featured in SAGE got the spotlight and were pretty amazing. I recall one or two expos with some great original projects. If SAGE's light could expand to be more encouraging and inclusive of original projects I think that could be a really good thing and increase the relevance and importance of the event. Just something to think about.

Excited and looking forward to this year's show.

Wow. That's all interesting. I second on the whole expanding SAGE if it's possible.
Also how come the SAGE article/history isn't up to date?

#29 User is offline winterhell 

Posted 15 September 2016 - 12:54 AM

And then RAGE would become Retarded Amateur Gaming Expo

#30 User is offline DarkVDee 

Posted 15 September 2016 - 01:26 PM

• Vampire Pixel Artist

View Postwinterhell, on 15 September 2016 - 12:54 AM, said:

And then RAGE would become Retarded Amateur Gaming Expo

Yeah RAGE is nothing but some joke filler.

• 8 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users