Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Worlds Delta 1.5.2 - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 3 Pages +
    Locked Forum

Sonic Worlds Delta 1.5.2 The Accuracy Update

#1 User is offline Techokami 

Posted 25 December 2015 - 11:43 AM

• For use only on NTSC Genesis systems
  • Project:Sonic Edge
  • Wiki edits:63
Hello, and welcome to the release of Sonic Worlds Delta 1.5.2, the Sonic game development kit for Multimedia Fusion 2 and Clickteam Fusion 2.5! This version has been in development for a few months since BlazeHedgehog revised Shadow in 1.5.1, adding some very nice accuracy improvements and some bonus toys. This one is largely Ikey Ilex, so give 'im a round of applause!

Download it now! [29.9MB][7z]

What's new?
Ikey sat down with the disassemblies on Sonic Retro's GitHub organization and refined the hell out of the engine. He also made things more efficient! The end result is a more accurate engine that uses less CPU.
Also, Ballhog was promoted from sample enemy reference to a fully functional recreation of the Scrap Brain Zone enemy. And those fans from Star Light Zone were added as well!

In case you missed 1.5.1, Shadow was dramatically overhauled by BlazeHedgehog. Give 'im another round of applause!

All other relevant information can be found in the included documentation, and the original OP, archived below.

Enjoy, and Merry SAGEmas!

Original OP:
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Techokami: 15 October 2016 - 07:01 AM

#2 User is offline Sparks 

Posted 25 December 2015 - 02:43 PM

• Project:Kyle and Lucy: Wonderworld
  • Wiki edits:21
I just went around and played through, and I have to say, all of the changes make miles of a difference. Hopefully future fan games move to this version of Worlds, because the improvement is really there.

Kind of funny to play the old layout I designed for displaying all the gimmicks too and some of the weird layout choices I made. :v:

Merry Christmas to the Worlds Delta team. You guys did a great job. :)

#3 User is offline BlazeHedgehog 

Posted 26 December 2015 - 02:36 AM

• A "Community Enigma"?
  • Wiki edits:51
Odd, I'm getting a "Server not found" on that download link. Any mirrors?

#4 User is offline Techokami 

Posted 26 December 2015 - 02:27 PM

View PostBlazeHedgehog, on 26 December 2015 - 02:36 AM, said:

Odd, I'm getting a "Server not found" on that download link. Any mirrors?

Sorry about that. My personal VPS has been acting up lately, and I wasn't able to reboot it until now because I have a shitty retail job keeping me from using the internet. It's back up now.
If I can successfully log into the Retro Wiki, I'll mirror it there.
This post has been edited by Techokami: 26 December 2015 - 02:28 PM

#5 User is offline Aerosol 

Posted 26 December 2015 - 04:15 PM

• FML and FU2
  • Project:Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
Congratulations on the new release guys. Couple bugs. My rings disappeared when I left a special stage, and the bubble shield's jump action doesn't seem to want to activate half the time.

#6 User is offline BlazeHedgehog 

Posted 27 December 2015 - 06:35 AM

• A "Community Enigma"?
Pfft, you should have called me in to work on how Modern Sonic stuff works. Your homing attack probably has the benefit of not bugging out and sending you in the opposite direction but there's a lot about Shadow's "feel" that I don't like. I really agonized over how Modern Sonic feels in my game, because I went back and forth for like three months trying to decide whether I wanted Modern Sonic to be significantly more powerful than Classic Sonic or whether to handicap him significantly. In the end I came to what I feel like is a very nice feeling balance.

Boosting is not a state that effects acceleration. When you boost, there needs to be a "jolt" of speed that can be visibly observed otherwise it feels mushy. I think in my old hacked to pieces version of Sonic Worlds, it means setting Sonic's speed to its absolute max (13?), plus a little bit of camera shake to really sell the jolt of the boost. Even in Sonic Rush, it is an explosion of speed, not a gradual ramp up.

Also, no homing crosshair? You don't get boost energy from breaking ring monitors? Barbaric!

(I suppose the response to all this will be "Well then you fix it." Fair enough, but I tend to do hacky, shitty things that would mess up this lovely engine and Sonic Worlds has changed so much since I smashed my version up with a sledgehammer that this new version would take a lot of re-familiarizing.)
This post has been edited by BlazeHedgehog: 27 December 2015 - 07:57 AM

#7 User is offline Techokami 

Posted 27 December 2015 - 11:30 AM

Well, I did say that Shadow was unfinished! :V
There is a homing crosshair object, but it wasn't fully implemented. We also didn't explicitly implement a means of recharging the boost gauge, instead opting users to implement it themselves to suit their design. This is because SEGA kept changing it in all the games!
-Rush games, from tricks and defeating badniks.
-Unleashed, from collecting rings.
-Colors, from White Wisps.
-Generations, from collecting rings and defeating badniks.

Blaze, you're perfectly welcome to contrubite improved Modern Sonic gameplay as a patch, and I'll gladly implement it. We're working on a 1.5.1 release right now, with some awesome new content from Felik.

#8 User is offline BlazeHedgehog 

Posted 27 December 2015 - 12:50 PM

• A "Community Enigma"?

View PostTechokami, on 27 December 2015 - 11:30 AM, said:

Well, I did say that Shadow was unfinished! :V
There is a homing crosshair object, but it wasn't fully implemented. We also didn't explicitly implement a means of recharging the boost gauge, instead opting users to implement it themselves to suit their design. This is because SEGA kept changing it in all the games!
-Rush games, from tricks and defeating badniks.
-Unleashed, from collecting rings.
-Colors, from White Wisps.
-Generations, from collecting rings and defeating badniks.

Blaze, you're perfectly welcome to contrubite improved Modern Sonic gameplay as a patch, and I'll gladly implement it. We're working on a 1.5.1 release right now, with some awesome new content from Felik.

Even though I implied I wasn't going to do it, I am currently in the process of doing it. There's a complex story here involving leaky pipes and new computer hardware, but needless to say I have some time to kill and a small sub-project like this will fill in the blanks nicely.

What version of MMF/CTF do I use here? I've been editing it with 2.5, but that's not backwards compatible with 2.0, is it? I have both installed, but I'd have to update all my extensions for 2.0.

Edit: Oh, duh, everything's included. I'm just a huge bonehead.
This post has been edited by BlazeHedgehog: 27 December 2015 - 01:45 PM

#9 User is offline Techokami 

Posted 27 December 2015 - 08:05 PM

We did work in MMF2 for maximum compatability.

#10 User is offline Techokami 

Posted 23 June 2016 - 07:41 PM

It's Sonic's 25th anniversary, so I think I should do something for the occasion...
Oh right, I've been meaning to put this out for a while!
Sonic Worlds Delta 1.5.1 [27.9MB][7z]
Now with added Orbinauts (THANK YOU FELIK!) and an extremely improved Shadow the Hedgehog (THANK YOU BLAZE HEDGEHOG!)

Enjoy~!

EDIT: TPOT gave me a quick fix with regards to deceleration handling. THANK U (redownload for fix)

EDIT 2: Blaze Hedgehog fixed a bunch of bugs that he missed. He also added Shadow to the player select screen, so you don't need MMF2 to try out Shadow anymore! 1.5.1b is available at the exact same link for 1.5.1, so just redownload to get up to date.
This post has been edited by Techokami: 26 June 2016 - 11:25 AM

#11 User is offline Caverns 4 

Posted 26 June 2016 - 12:27 PM

• Project:Sanik Quest: Journey To The Right
I just downloaded it, great stuff, love the new additions!
One little bug though; If you take the underwater shortcut at the end of the level as Shadow, then when the stream of water is supposed to send you up, Shadow will start clinging to walls and can't con out at the top unless the player starts manually walljumping and homing attacking into a wall repeatedly. This could be fixed by requiring the Player to hold the direction into a wall to cling, or by just adding a couple more exception actions to the wall clinging checks.

#12 User is offline Techokami 

Posted 26 June 2016 - 03:51 PM

Ah, I see what's going on. It's another case of "using an undocumented player action value that got overwritten". In this case, the action ID for going up the geyser became the one used for boosting! As such, things got mucked up. I'll upload a fix shortly... going to see if I can quickly incorporate one other small improvement...

EDIT: And done. Uploaded to the same URL. Sure there's a graphical oddity of Shadow sliding up the wall if you boost into that area, but I find it hilarious enough to preserve. Also, I tweaked the score tally system a bit; now it works more like the Genesis games! But you can still skip it by pressing the A button.
This post has been edited by Techokami: 26 June 2016 - 05:31 PM

#13 User is offline Azu 

Posted 27 June 2016 - 08:01 PM

• I must be stupid.
I should really get in the habit of documenting my things.

#14 User is offline Techokami 

Posted 12 July 2016 - 12:38 PM

I just pushed out 1.5.1c, which fixes a few more minor things with the geyser gimmick, as well as remove an errant line of code that forced the GoalType to always be 1, and fix an oversight with Buzz Bomber. Same URL as before!

#15 User is offline Glaber 

Posted 09 September 2016 - 12:03 AM

• Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA
  • Project:Gmod Ragdolls and Props, Pony maps
  • Wiki edits:10
anyone know how I get valueadd.mfx and fcButton.mfx into click team fusion 2.5 so I can use this engine?

• 3 Pages +
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users