Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic 06 PC Remake - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Jump to content

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 15 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
    Locked
    Locked Forum

Sonic 06 PC Remake

#211 User is offline Atendega 

Posted 14 January 2017 - 02:01 PM

  • Incapable of capability
  • Posts: 512
  • Joined: 16-August 14
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Comfy couch
  • Project:Wearing a more fabulous hat than you

View PostDario FF, on 14 January 2017 - 01:30 PM, said:

*Ahem* (Models, Animations, Collisions, Object Sets, Text Files)
We still don't have any tools for working with those libraries, though. At least not public ones. Not everyone knows how to just code one up, and nobody that does know how has yet seen fit to do so.

And Irixion, I'm not sure how you think this isn't "anywhere near" 1:1. It's pretty close to an exact recreation, with elements messed up in the final game returned to their previous functionality. The biggest issue that I can think of is that you never return to normal falling speed after homing attacking something.

#212 User is offline Josh 

Posted 14 January 2017 - 02:09 PM

  • TGC Warrior
  • Posts: 1231
  • Joined: 22-January 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:USA
  • Wiki edits:1
If we're doing bug reports, I notice that I maintain my momentum after a light-speed dash where I should come to a dead stop. I've gone hurtling off a cliff a few times because of that.

Oh, and I personally love that someone's taking the time to do this, really enjoyed the demo, and hope to see the project continue.

#213 User is offline Atendega 

Posted 14 January 2017 - 03:34 PM

  • Incapable of capability
  • Posts: 512
  • Joined: 16-August 14
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Comfy couch
  • Project:Wearing a more fabulous hat than you

View PostJosh, on 14 January 2017 - 02:09 PM, said:

If we're doing bug reports, I notice that I maintain my momentum after a light-speed dash where I should come to a dead stop. I've gone hurtling off a cliff a few times because of that.

Oh, and I personally love that someone's taking the time to do this, really enjoyed the demo, and hope to see the project continue.
They're taking bug reports via this form, though I believe the maintenance of momentum there is an intended improvement. Nonetheless, it should probably be toned down.

And I agree with that second bit :specialed:
This post has been edited by Atendega: 14 January 2017 - 03:35 PM

#214 User is offline Dario FF 

Posted 14 January 2017 - 04:19 PM

  • Tech Support Hotline
  • Posts: 1008
  • Joined: 03-April 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Mar Del Plata
  • Project:SonicGLvl

View PostAtendega, on 14 January 2017 - 02:01 PM, said:

We still don't have any tools for working with those libraries, though. At least not public ones. Not everyone knows how to just code one up, and nobody that does know how has yet seen fit to do so.

The question was about whether or not there was information on the file formats wasn't it? I'm pretty sure the libraries will be relevant for that purpose and they'd only be of use to someone who can code.
This post has been edited by Dario FF: 14 January 2017 - 04:59 PM

#215 User is offline Atendega 

Posted 14 January 2017 - 05:43 PM

  • Incapable of capability
  • Posts: 512
  • Joined: 16-August 14
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Comfy couch
  • Project:Wearing a more fabulous hat than you

View PostDario FF, on 14 January 2017 - 04:19 PM, said:

The question was about whether or not there was information on the file formats wasn't it? I'm pretty sure the libraries will be relevant for that purpose and they'd only be of use to someone who can code.
Oh I know, I'm just complaining like an ass because I lack the skill necessary to do anything with it :specialed:

#216 User is offline Starturbo 

Posted 15 January 2017 - 09:21 AM

  • Posts: 17
  • Joined: 30-December 16
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:United States
  • Project:Superstar Technic
Still haven't tried this game out yet, but I may at some point. It does seem almost exactly like the original Sonic 06 with a few improvements, which is impressive, but at the same time I wish they would do more to make it different. Admittedly, I found the real Sonic 06 to be an okay game, certainly not good, but not as bad as most people say.
This post has been edited by Starturbo: 15 January 2017 - 09:21 AM

#217 User is offline Irixion 

Posted 15 January 2017 - 02:31 PM

  • Posts: 1486
  • Joined: 30-December 04
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ontario, Canada
  • Project:Life
  • Wiki edits:152

View PostAtendega, on 14 January 2017 - 05:43 PM, said:

View PostDario FF, on 14 January 2017 - 04:19 PM, said:

The question was about whether or not there was information on the file formats wasn't it? I'm pretty sure the libraries will be relevant for that purpose and they'd only be of use to someone who can code.
Oh I know, I'm just complaining like an ass because I lack the skill necessary to do anything with it :specialed:/>



Basically this. Though, what you linked is certainly juicy. I haven't been around the community very much but I assume that the SCHG isn't really maintained by the looks of it.

#218 User is offline Felik 

Posted 12 February 2017 - 02:56 PM

  • Posts: 1464
  • Joined: 11-April 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Wiki edits:1
So I've played this and it was pretty fun. Certainly plays like a real Sonic game which is a HUGE step up from a regular 3D Sonic engine.
For once I didn't have to play World of Warcraft with 360 degree physics tackled on.

#219 User is offline Lanzer 

Posted 13 February 2017 - 04:51 PM

  • The saber calls for its master...
  • Posts: 6595
  • Joined: 27-February 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Glendale, AZ
  • Project:Doing Stuff.
  • Wiki edits:1
So has anyone heard any updates at all from this or did Gistix stepping down from project leader effectively kill it?

#220 User is offline Flasher 

Posted 06 April 2017 - 03:24 PM

  • Posts: 7
  • Joined: 06-April 17
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brasil
  • Project:Sonic Action
I had contact with Gistix years ago, view him the ideas he had and it is amazing how the project was currently, this idea of creating a 2006 PC is not current.
Looked photos of the project through MSN, there are some videos where hewas programming the game using Blitz Sonic as base.

I hope this great project will be finalized! :)

The game lacks some polishing in playability but this is the least since it is just a demo, so eager to see Silver and Shadow playable and with a better physics!
This post has been edited by Flasher: 06 April 2017 - 03:27 PM

  • 15 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
    Locked
    Locked Forum

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users