Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic 2 HD General - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 31 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Sonic 2 HD General

#451 User is offline VectorCNC 

Posted 24 February 2017 - 10:22 AM

• Project:CNC Sonic Sculpture/Artwork

View PostLapper, on 24 February 2017 - 08:01 AM, said:

You'd either be seeing these smaller updates or no updates at all. Progress is unaffected either way.

Like them or not, they're not worth complaining about.

Basically this.

Personally I enjoy seeing how the assets are updated, S2HD or Not. I think people are just frustrated by a lack of transparency. Obviously the S2HD Team has no obligation to provide updates to anyone, or even exist for that matter, so nothing to complain about there... However, I think fatigue is reasonable considering the project has been ongoing for 7 years, and such a small amount of progress has been shown.

If I were the Sonic 2 HD team, I would make a couple new wallpapers using the new assets, in a new Zone. So, we have wallpapers from EHZ, how about a mock-up of HTZ with the new assets, or chemical plant for that matter. The general silence and timeframe has people rightfully assuming the project is either dead, or will inevitable die, so it's hard to maintain any excitement.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it stated not that far back that something bigger was on its way in terms of a reveal?

#452 User is offline winterhell 

Posted 24 February 2017 - 10:28 AM

It'd be awesome if the team members could work on the project fulltime 40 hours a week, but from what I understand they have families and jobs and not that much time to spare.

#453 User is offline Seiph 

Posted 01 March 2017 - 08:14 AM

Well that would require a hefty and constant donation from the fans in order to maintain daily supplies, rent and other payments for each of the team members so that they wouldn't have to work and I doubt Patreon would be a good answer at the end of the day.
This post has been edited by Seiph: 01 March 2017 - 08:17 AM

• 31 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users