Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Project AXSX (2013 and Beyond) - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 41 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Are you interested in playing project AXSX?

1: Are you interested in playing project AXSX?

1. You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

Project AXSX (2013 and Beyond) New Poll, come vote ! !

#31 User is offline Andrew75 

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:01 PM

• Technical Artist
  • Project:Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects

View PostW.A.C., on 06 June 2013 - 02:39 PM, said:

Now that you're leaving Retro, where is the best place to look for news about this fangame?

SFGHQ Forums,
http://www.senntient.com/,
My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/tuxmask75,
Project AXSX forums: http://www.sonic-xtreme.com/forums/
This post has been edited by Andrew75: 06 June 2013 - 08:31 PM

#32 User is offline synchronizer 

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:09 PM

• Wiki edits:19
Would you be willing to explain in greater detail why you're leaving retro? You're one of the main reasons why I ever check these forums.

#33 User is offline GeneHF 

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:21 PM

• SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be.
  • Project:Complete Global Conquest
  • Wiki edits:381
If this is what I think it's about, then it's a rather silly reason. You're over-reacting a bit much.

#34 User is offline Andrew75 

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:05 PM

• Technical Artist
Hmm,,, I really hate drama, Im sorry, lets just forget it ok ?
Anyhow I'm moving on before I make myself into more of a Circus clown than I already have.
I feel quite a bit of shame right now. ( what's been done is done and its not reversible )
This post has been edited by Andrew75: 06 June 2013 - 05:11 PM

#35 User is offline WAC 

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:36 PM

• KITTIES!
  • Project:Kitty Pixel Art
  • Wiki edits:2

View PostAndrew75, on 06 June 2013 - 03:01 PM, said:

Sentient.com forums

Uhhh... Is that site still up? o_O

#36 User is offline Covarr 

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:48 PM

• Sentient Cash Register
  • Wiki edits:1
It is if you spell Senntient right.

#37 User is offline Tiller 

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:59 PM

• Project:HDK & World Runner
Is sad day. I make an ass of myself daily. You don't have to go because you fucked up. I think I saw what you were talking about and that's something to brush off.

That aside where would you be updating most regularly. I don't post much in your threads because I don't think I would have much to add, but I certainly keep up with them.
This post has been edited by Tiller: 06 June 2013 - 07:01 PM

#38 User is offline Andrew75 

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:51 PM

• Technical Artist
Ok guys ,, Im not going anywhere, Sorry for the trouble,,, God I hate drama.....
Hope that I didn't piss anyone off here.

#39 User is offline Glaber 

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:53 AM

• Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA
  • Project:Gmod Ragdolls and Props, Pony maps
  • Wiki edits:10
No problems here, some times drama happens by accident. Even more so if you visit Deviantart

#40 User is offline Hinchy 

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:29 PM

• Up And Down And All Around
  • Project:Sonic Melponterations
  • Wiki edits:32
Everyone makes an ass of themselves sometimes. I think the quality of your work more than makes up for any mistakes you may have made. Glad to see you'll stick around! :)
This post has been edited by Hinchy: 17 June 2013 - 04:29 PM

#41 User is offline Andrew75 

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:04 PM

• Technical Artist
I know that I should not post this just yet as its not finished, and I know purists are going to bitch moan and complain that the chrome reflections are not accurate, and the spikes themselves may be a bit thick , yada yada yada.
Still need to tweak that, just wanted to show what I have so far. the blue ball itself wont be rendered when its time to make the sprites. the spikes will be composited over the original sonic ball sprite in photoshop.

Posted Image

#42 User is offline Truner 

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:09 AM

By now, wouldn't it be actually easier to remake the model, animate it and us it as it is? With the correct settings, you could make it looks like a flat, rendered spriteset, but it would look good on whatever resolution you throw it at.

Not only that, but I would actually feel like I need to upgrade my computer. Right now, the game still looks like a Saturn game I SHOULD be able to play on this PC. :P

As for the spikes, they look kind of on spot to me. I still don't understand why they went with such a ridiculous design back when they worked on this game though.

#43 User is offline Andrew75 

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:23 PM

• Technical Artist

View PostTruner, on 25 June 2013 - 06:09 AM, said:

By now, wouldn't it be actually easier to remake the model, animate it and us it as it is? With the correct settings, you could make it looks like a flat, rendered spriteset, but it would look good on whatever resolution you throw it at.

Not only that, but I would actually feel like I need to upgrade my computer. Right now, the game still looks like a Saturn game I SHOULD be able to play on this PC. :P

As for the spikes, they look kind of on spot to me. I still don't understand why they went with such a ridiculous design back when they worked on this game though.

It was the 90s, and the spikes still kick so much ass even today! Man, I bet they could tear a whole in anything Robotnic has to offer! ( hint at what I'll be using the move for)

I really would love to make some HD spritesets and I think that they would look wonderful, but the thing is that it would take one hell of a lot of time to set up all the animations for sonic and the rest of the badnics.
It would take away from working on the rest of the project. its slow enough as is lol. I'm shooting for a major release by next Sage (whenever that is.)

#44 User is offline Andrew75 

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:26 AM

• Technical Artist
Regarding Spinslash....

I'm not really sure what the original actual function and purpose was, or how it was animated (position and behavior wise threw the environment ) or what it was used for, but I have some interesting ideas for its use.

1: Being able to smash threw walls that are unbreakable by normal means.
2: Damage badnicks and bosses that normally can not be damaged by normal means.
3: The move will be initiated 2 ways.
one: Run Full speed, double jump, ( second jump can only be triggered while sonic is Ascending) At which point he will dash forward threw the air about the same distance as equal to Sonic's jump height.
two: This will be revealed during an actual release
4: I'm not sure yet but Spinslash may not be performed repetitively due to time restraint after its been performed.
Ooooor.....
by some kind of charge up bar that would work similar to sonic CD's time travel move where sonic would have to run max speed for a set amount of time. ( instead of a bar may have a visual flash or sound effect chime when its ready to use)

Does this sound fun ?

also a side by side: ( wanted to see if the concept worked from start to finish , its a quick sloppy overlay job with the sprite, ( spikes size is a little large because of render size)
Posted Image
Currently remodeling again from scratch since I made a few mistakes initially.
This post has been edited by Andrew75: 26 June 2013 - 09:32 AM

#45 User is offline Andrew75 

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:37 AM

• Technical Artist
Hey Guys, I been speaking with Chris Senn about programs that were used to make Sonic Xtreme, I found out that Ross Harris used either 3D studio max R4 from 1994 or the later version from 1995.
Anyways I tracked down R4 on e-bay, and low and behold after it was installed, I noticed something pretty interesting. 3D studio Max offers some of the original textures before they were edited and re-used in some of sonic Xtreme's E3 video sections as well as seen in the leaked x-treme's texture packs.
I'm asking him to confirm this before we get all excited. Not just that, but if there is a possibility that some retro clipart CDs from the 90s could contain even more base material textures.

Just one comparison here
Posted Image

Edit:
Quote from Senn:
Anything Ross used, were either textures he made, got from a texture pack of some kind, or that he got from the internet...

Edit 2: Anyone willing to help in tracking down some texture packs used by commercial graphics companies in the 90s ?
I found one here on Ebay, although I have no clue what's on it...... http://www.ebay.com/...=item483bb00472
This post has been edited by Andrew75: 28 June 2013 - 10:04 AM

• 41 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users