Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: The Return of Sonic XG? - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 9 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

The Return of Sonic XG?

#16 User is offline Rockman Zero 

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:55 PM

• Hello there, my little friend.
  • Project:Videos for Hellfire Commentaries.
  • Wiki edits:6
Eagerly looking forward to this. I was wondering what had become of it. Hope we get another demo some time in the future!

#17 User is offline Sparks 

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

• Project:Kyle and Lucy: Wonderworld
  • Wiki edits:21

Another trailer got posted up. I do like seeing Tails in, along with the Warehouse music (probably from a game I'm not aware of).

#18 User is offline Thousand Pancake 

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

• Being a food you put milk on and then eat in the morning

View PostSparks, on 05 January 2013 - 09:11 PM, said:

Another trailer got posted up. I do like seeing Tails in, along with the Warehouse music (probably from a game I'm not aware of).
Music from Jumping Flash 1, World 6-1 :v:

#19 User is offline Shadow Hog 

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

• "I'm a superdog!"
  • Wiki edits:10
Also Warehouse Zone from Retro Sonic. Which admittedly, I loved mostly for the Jumping Flash! music.

#20 User is offline Chaud 

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:12 AM

Incredible, as it was expected to be - amazing trailer! :thumbsup:

Now, I have a comment on the game. What I realize is that in it, the scenarios of all levels are well detailed, including the background of each one. But the same does not seems to be true at the ice level. If you pay attention, you can see that the background is more simple, unnasertive, perhaps tied only to the level in space (however, in that case, it makes some sense to be that way). So, shouldn't the mountains in the background of the level have more detail?

Anyway, just a thought. The game already looks amazing, very, very beautiful, and I quite enjoyed the new gimmicks in each stage. Great job!
This post has been edited by Chaud: 07 January 2013 - 12:13 AM

#21 User is offline 360 

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:41 AM

• Daft Punk Overdrive
  • Project:Sonic Neon
Awesome that this has been revived. By one of the original creators too which makes it even better. I always admired Sonic XG when it was first being worked on back in the day. I was extremely happy when the Taxman and Slingerland tried to reignite the project via merging it with Sonic Nexus; and then of course equally crushed when that revival was abandoned. So this is good news. I wasn't too hyped from that first trailer. The game seemed to look weaker than in previous media and builds. The second trailer however has restored the hope that this game can reach its potential. That second trailer is much much better and evidently this guy has worked hard on developing and restoring the game. Sonic XG was always one of the most promising fangames. Ever since they first showed the Golden Gate Zone as far back as 2001, 2002? I would have loved to have seen the finished Sonic Retro Nexus (with Taxman's amazing engine) but I'm still excited to see what this guy comes up with.

Here's hoping he persists and completes the game. I look forward to playing the finished release.
This post has been edited by 360: 07 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

#22 User is offline jasonchrist 

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:16 PM

• Give Us A Wank
  • Project:Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
How the fuck did I miss this?! Echoing 360s sentiments, also adding that I was a little concerned about the project's physics without Taxman, but in that second video they looked pretty fucking good!

Can't wait to finally play this game as it was meant to be played... right the way through! Please tell me it doesn't end in fucking space though.

#23 User is offline RankoChan 

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

• I'm bored, k?
  • Project:Some random RPG project.
  • Wiki edits:4
I'm really excited for this, glad they decided to re-add Tails! It's interesting to see post-merger stuff like Robotic Resort being included too! I'm hoping they replace all the rehashed badniks shown in the trailer with custom ones and I'm curious about the music; hopefully they keep Final Fall's demo music.

#24 User is offline n00neimp0rtant 

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:07 AM

• EYES ONLY
  • Project:Creation Kit (Skyrim mods and patches)
  • Wiki edits:1
Holy hell, is that a time-manipulation gimmick in the crystal-looking stage, a la Blinx The Time Sweeper/R&C: A Crack In Time????????????????????

External loop at 1:15 is really nifty and lovingly-defiant of natural physics. Inspired by Crackers?

The golden stage is phenomenal. One of the most original level ideas I've seen since the inside-the-computer stages in Shadow the Hedgehog.

The chunky-looking snowflakes are delightful.

Metal Sonic looks particularly lanky. Really feels like he's "hanging" there, suspended by his thrusters, rather than just magically floating. I like it a lot.

The sherbet-looking color scheme in the golden stage, the desert stage, and the mechanical stage is really effective. I don't know why, but it just evokes a sense of "this is new. This is something you haven't seen before." I hope it has something to do with the plot, as if Eggman is fucking with the world with chaos energy or some bullshit like that. I'm a sucker for that stuff.

I'm trying to get in touch with this dude so I can donate him a couple of bucks via PayPal.
This post has been edited by n00neimp0rtant: 15 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

#25 User is offline Sparks 

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

• Project:Kyle and Lucy: Wonderworld
  • Wiki edits:21

View Postn00neimp0rtant, on 15 January 2013 - 11:07 AM, said:

I don't know why, but it just evokes a sense of "this is new. This is something you haven't seen before."
It's funny because they're the same Sonic XG assets from over 5 years ago. :v:

Not that it's a bad thing though, they've aged pretty well, and we're finally seeing the game being brought to life as it was intended to.

#26 User is offline TimmiT 

Posted 08 September 2014 - 09:36 AM

• Probably part of some problem
  • Project:Big screenshots
  • Wiki edits:8
Oh hey, this is still a thing:

#27 User is online Dark Sonic 

Posted 08 September 2014 - 11:01 AM

• Project:Sonic Lost World: Nonexistent Six/Fixed Edition; Sonic Genesis Adventure (Let's see how long this lasts :V)
  • Wiki edits:10
Wow that looks like it'll be some serious fun when it comes out.

How long has XG been a thing now? Are we approaching 10 years?

#28 User is offline Lanzer 

Posted 08 September 2014 - 12:04 PM

• The saber calls for its master...
  • Project:Doing Stuff.
  • Wiki edits:1
Is this project still using the Retro engine or something else?

Cool that its still being worked on.

#29 User is offline The Taxman 

Posted 08 September 2014 - 12:18 PM

• Project:Retro Engine & Related Projects
  • Wiki edits:15

View PostLanzer, on 08 September 2014 - 12:04 PM, said:

Is this project still using the Retro engine or something else?

Cool that its still being worked on.

It's back in MMF2. Last year or so, I gave what graphical assets I had left of Retro-Sonic XG to Joe/Nitemare when he told me he was working on finishing the original Sonic XG. Glad to see it's looking like it'll reach the finish line after all these years!

#30 User is offline E-122-Psi 

Posted 08 September 2014 - 12:55 PM

• Wiki edits:41
Holy crap that looks lush. Even as someone who defends Sonic 4, this looks the part of a true follow up to S3+K.

• 9 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users