Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Fan Games (The older ones) - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 12 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Sonic Fan Games (The older ones) First post now has tons of stuff for download at bottom

#16 User is offline Nova 

Posted 18 February 2011 - 01:15 PM

• Sonic CulT Advanced Research Zone
  • Wiki edits:17
Chaomega was awesome and the guy's next project, Sonic Unity, also looked pretty cool.
I remember TGFTeam too, one of their games was really badly programmed but quite fun to play, if anyone remembers it? I think it was called Sonic 2099.

Also, quick question, anyone know if anything came of this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtxJTuTa9cY

(Aaaand also make sure you play Sonic Time Attacked, that game was one of my favourite old fangames).

#17 User is offline DC.17 

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:57 PM

• a dead star
Yeah as a kid, I was super impressed with Magicgrafx games, even games like Sonic Chaos Strikes Again seemed interesting. I remember how I thought the intro to Legendary SoniChaos was so awesome, even knows it's just. . music. . and people running. Haha.

Another game I really liked, was NeoSonic. (I think that's what the series was called.) From Manic Team?

#18 User is offline True Dude 

Posted 18 February 2011 - 04:12 PM

• Wiki edits:980
I asked this in another thread but it was ignored (probably because it had nothing to with it) but does anyone remember a fan game called Sonic: Back to the Floating Island or something like that? It used to be hosted on SFGHQ but it's gone now. It was an incredibly shitty TGF game, but I used to play the shit out of it back in the day, and I want a nostalgia rush.

Also, Knuckles Millennium was a bitchin' fan game.

#19 User is offline LordOfSquad 

Posted 18 February 2011 - 04:16 PM

• let's don't forget about it
  • Project:Comic drawing, game designing, working, dying.
  • Wiki edits:1
Oh, dude. I remember loving this one called Knuckles CD. It had Knuckles in Sonic 1's levels, with Sonic CD styled time travel. It was really shitty, but I loved it back in the day.

#20 User is offline Azookara 

Posted 18 February 2011 - 04:25 PM

• take it from me, little buddy
  • Project:hoboagogo?
  • Wiki edits:27
Sonic: Time Attacked, Chaomega, Sonic the Fated Hour and Sonic Chaos Revolution is where it's at.

Also, anyone remember 'Jamie Bailey in: Sausage Roll Island!'? Not exactly a Sonic game (lolfancharacter), but it's the most addicting game I've ever played, man.
This post has been edited by Azukara: 18 February 2011 - 04:25 PM

#21 User is online Lobotomy 

Posted 18 February 2011 - 04:31 PM

• 35% Cognac
  • Project:Project: Matter/Energy
  • Wiki edits:94

I once thought this was impressive. This was before Youtube was around to correct me.

#22 User is offline Hez 

Posted 18 February 2011 - 04:44 PM

• Asshole
  • Project:Your mother
QUOTE (W.A.C. @ Feb 18 2011, 12:04 PM)
If anyone wonders why a version of Chaomega never released past 2002, it's because it was canceled. [LINK] The creator showed off a couple of screenshots of a carnival level called Carnival Night Zone on his website in early 2003.

However, I just now noticed there's a bunch of other screenshots accessible by modifying the number in the url.

It's such a shame it was canceled.

Edit-

[LINK]

I uploaded the demo of this fangame last month so there's a link. Unfortunately, I cannot get the game to work well in Windows 7. Full screen mode is broken for me and I'm having difficulty getting my controller to work well with it.

I have some of the builds of it somewhere on my computer, considering I also worked on it, and was partially the reason it was canceled :\

#23 User is offline Azookara 

Posted 18 February 2011 - 04:46 PM

• take it from me, little buddy
  • Project:hoboagogo?
Wow, that'd be interesting to get ahold of. Chaomega was one of those things in my childhood I enjoyed no matter how thrown together it was v.png

#24 User is offline DC.17 

Posted 18 February 2011 - 05:36 PM

• a dead star
This is awesome, I sort of thought I was alone in terms of knowing these games well. Just a question, though; Does anyone remember Sonic Chaos Racer? Or the MUGEN fighter King of Mobius?

#25 User is offline WAC 

Posted 18 February 2011 - 06:26 PM

• KITTIES!
  • Project:Kitty Pixel Art
  • Wiki edits:2
QUOTE (Hez @ Feb 18 2011, 01:44 PM)
I have some of the builds of it somewhere on my computer, considering I also worked on it, and was partially the reason it was canceled :\

O_O

I'd seriously love to know more information about the project. Can you tell us more about why it was canceled, what has happened to the game's staff, and other goodies about it? I always felt it was a true tragedy that it got canceled since it was such an impressive fangame for its time. It's too bad SFGHQ deleted all of its demos back in '04 because it caused a lot of incompleted projects to be almost completely lost. It was such an awesome site back in 2003. I dunno why its management back in '04 went in such a lousy direction. MFGG kept getting better and better while SFGHQ continuously declined in quality. :/

#26 User is online 360 

Posted 19 February 2011 - 09:36 AM

• Daft Punk Overdrive
  • Project:Sonic Neon
QUOTE (Hez @ Feb 18 2011, 09:44 PM)

Those screenshots are of Sonic Unity, not Chaomega (check the links, they're named Unity).

The development of Chaomega is a long story that involves Aytac, Hez, TGF Team and Sonic360 (yours truly). It's a hell of a long story that goes back to 2001 (some ten years ago). I am however willing to write up the story given there are people on here who are interested. The short version is that the real reason Chaomega was cancelled (and the reason Aytac moved onto Unity) was not because of Hez. It was because of me.

When I have some more time I will write all of this up and then maybe Hez can chime in with his version of events. The story is probably the greatest tragedy of the Sonic fangaming primetime era which until now was never told. So you're in for an exclusive here Sonic Retro.

I have to go and see my sister now but when I get back around midnight I'll write it all up for you guys. Prepare to have your hearts broken.

#27 User is offline Nova 

Posted 19 February 2011 - 09:41 AM

• Sonic CulT Advanced Research Zone
  • Wiki edits:17
QUOTE (360 @ Feb 19 2011, 02:36 PM)
QUOTE (Hez @ Feb 18 2011, 09:44 PM)

Those screenshots are of Sonic Unity, not Chaomega (check the links, they're named Unity).

The development of Chaomega is a long story that involves Aytac, Hez, TGF Team and Sonic360 (yours truly). It's a hell of a long story that goes back to 2001 (some ten years ago). I am however willing to write up the story given there are people on here who are interested. The short version is that the real reason Chaomega was cancelled (and the reason Aytac moved onto Unity) was not because of Hez. It was because of me.

When I have some more time I will write all of this up and then maybe Hez can chime in with his version of events. The story is probably the greatest tragedy of the Sonic fangaming primetime era which until now was never told. So you're in for an exclusive here Sonic Retro.

I have to go and see my sister now but when I get back around midnight I'll write it all up for you guys. Prepare to have your hearts broken.
Dude, I look forward to it. I loved the Chaomega demo and was trying to find it a few months back for nostalgia's sake.

#28 User is offline WAC 

Posted 20 February 2011 - 04:50 PM

• KITTIES!
I'll definitely look forward to reading that.

#29 User is offline WAC 

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:30 PM

• KITTIES!
For some reason, this thread totally disappeared last night. Does anyone have any idea why?

#30 User is offline SonicGenesis89 

Posted 21 February 2011 - 02:47 PM

• Cool! Sweet! And Catchy!
Yeah I noticed that too! When I tried going to this thread the site told me an error had occurred and when I refreshed it disappeared completely. I figured it was either moved or deleted for some reason. I never got the pleasure of playing these fan games unfortunately, and went to check them out on Youtube. I gotta say Chaomega and Sonic Unity look really fun and have a lot of potential and great ideas beaming in them. Its to bad they never got finished and are now hard to find, I'd really like to play those two.

• 12 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

2 User(s) are reading this topic
1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Oldbie: 360