don't click here

Amy In Sonic 2

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by E-122-Psi, Jul 25, 2010.

1. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

New Revision!!!:

http://info.sonicretro.org/Amy_Rose_In_Sonic_The_Hedgehog_2

* Amy can now boost spring power with hammer attacks.
    * End of level font fixed to read Amy (thanx to Selbi for Text Code Generator).
    * New title screen art.
    * Special reward for the more devout players...
    * Other minor art and coding fixes.

Special thanx to members including FraGag, MainMemory, Selbi and many, MANY others for helping with coding problems.

2. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Any chance of replacing Tails with Cream? :3

3. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

It's planned (as hinted in my avatar), however I think I'll try to finish refining the 'as is' version first.

4. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    [Praise goes here]

Bugs/problems:
    - When breaking destructable objects while standing on ground, or hammering a spring, the hammer animation isn't shown. It looks odd when Amy stands next to a rock, and it just explodes.
    - "SONIC GOT A CHAOS EMERALD" "SONIC GOT ALL CHAOS EMERALDS" "NOW SONIC CAN BE SUPER SONIC" should probably be changed, since Sonic isn't in it anymore.
    - Air speed cap should be removed.
    - Super Sonic bug should be removed.
    - Amy should be removed.
    - Amy doesn't stand in HTZ lava properly. You can see her feet below the lava.
    - Palette issues, as always when adding a new character.
    - Obligatory "B button version" comment.

It's good, though. This'll be the second time this week I've played through it.

5. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

* Yeah I've been trying to fix that but I don't get what's causing the animation to deactivate (in comparison to Sonic 1's version).
    * I've only managed to fix what is editable with the Text Code Generator, which from what I know is about the one way I can edit the names in the results font. The act results I was pleased to fix alone.
    * I've checked the coding in the asm and that in the tutorial and I'm positive the fix has been put in. I don't get what is causing the problem.
    * What bug?
    * Play a different hack then.
    * Are you sure that's different for other characters?
    * I'll work on those later, Sonic 2 will be a bit more fiddly since the second pallette line isn't consistant and so reverting some objects to it will be harder without screwing up level art.
    * I shoulda seem that one coming, shouldn't I?

6. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    THE Super Sonic bug.

Disregard. Turns out it was actually a plane bug, and those are near-impossible to fix anyway.

Yes. Yes you should.

EDIT: Whoops, wrong button. Fixed now.

7. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    ooh is Super Amy available now? Sweet! *runs to play*

8. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Ah, THAT Super Sonic bug. Don't worry it's fixed for next revision along with the air speed cap (special thanx to flamewing).

9. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Super Amy seems epic. I like the way she runs. =P

10. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Thanx. :D

That was partly due to the Super run animation having only half as many frames (I couldn't redirect to the normal frames for some reason).

By the way, the button layout hack, I was wondering do want me to just switch the attack button to B or should I reverse the order altogether (eg. One attack and two jumps to two attacks and one jump)? This would at least despose of the gameplay problems caused by debug mode.

11. Eduardo Knuckles

Eduardo Knuckles

Not a loved one, but the most hated person. Banned
    Someplace somewhere
    Project S.A.M.G.
    Ah, another sprite hack. :colbert:
    But different and cool, so congratulations for the ASM and for the art stuff I noticed there in this hack. In addition, you used the SCD's style amy what is lovely and nice. As suggestion, you could add a option to choose between the Advance or the SCD style Amy, that could be funny. You did a great work in this hack, dude! :)

12. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Alternatively, replace Tails with Advance-style Amy. That way, you could have Amy + Amy, Amy Alone, or Amy Alone.

13. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Thanx. :D

Well I'm making an Advance style sheet for Hayate's S3C hack (obviously it's more Sonic 3 styled however) if he's okay with the sheet being used in other projects. I could make an alternate version of the hack rather easy, not sure how to add new options like that in game however.

[​IMG]

MainMemory is making an Advance style Amy for his Not So Super Sonic hack as well.

I'm already making Cream in place of Tails.

[​IMG]

14. Felik

Felik

You are making amazing stuff!
    Keep it up, I'm looking forward for future releases!

15. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    Is there no end to your talent. These sprites of Cream are superb.

16. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    wow im so jealous of your skills! ;A; *cries* im not nearly as good as you are spritting...

17. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Thanx fellas. :D

As said though I may finish of the 'as is' style hack before I put in Cream or any new stuff.

After looking at your conceptual project I beg to differ.

18. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    ppft xD I can't get rid of the pillow shading and every other stuff so I pretty much gave up on spritting and that project anyways. Also I doubt anyone would like to pick it up and finish it for me, so yeah...im pretty much done, I'll stick with Paint Tool SAI as for now

19. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    I wanted to ask, is this VRAM issue still existing? Because you suddenly dropped from that PM conversation and I'm still waiting for an answer. =P

20. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    Continue Cream sprites look too cute =D

Also I'm suprised to find that super amy is now available, hot-zing!!