Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: The Sonic Merchandise Topic - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 48 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

The Sonic Merchandise Topic So you'll stop posting this stuff elsewhere

#706 User is offline VectorCNC 

Posted 25 June 2015 - 12:01 AM

• Project:CNC Sonic Sculpture/Artwork

View PostSkyler, on 23 June 2015 - 10:09 PM, said:

Where did you get that Spring Yard Zone picture, by the way?

That's an acrylic painting I did a couple years ago. I've always loved Spring Yard Zone, I plan to retire there some day, if I only had the money...

From a distance it looks simple, but close up it's very detailed and all painstakingly hand painted. I kinda have this idea about "Sonic's World" appearing as though it's synthetic like a simulation but because it's on a different order of scale from our reality, which could possibly be a simulation itself. Things which are natural, or non-human artifacts, are almost exclusively based on fractal geometry. This becomes clearer at both higher and lower orders of magnitude. However, this is less clear from the order of our natural perspective, yet still observable. Hokusai may have been the first to convey this in art. Well, I sort of imagine Sonic's world on an order of magnitude in which its fractal composition if more obvious. That's why the painting cascades into simpler patters of construction as it descends, while still attempting to portray atmosphere (which the glare sort of disfigures). I dunno...

Anyway, I've thrown up a few closer images should anyone actually care (mind the glare, I've never gotten to applying a matte poly coat). This probably belong in "Creative Works" or whatever, but since you asked...

Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image
This post has been edited by VectorCNC: 25 June 2015 - 12:03 AM

#707 User is offline Ashram 

Posted 25 June 2015 - 06:05 AM

• Wiki edits:13
Dude, I'm sure people would pay for stuff like that. You have some serious talent.

#708 User is offline Jimmy Hedgehog 

Posted 25 June 2015 - 06:23 AM

• Project:RAoSTH (Sprite Comic), Sawnik (Still need a better name)
  • Wiki edits:2
I know I would, that's amazing. Also wow, the Robotnik statue is huge, and I really wish I could afford that Modern Super Sonic but there's no way I could, especially with my apprenticeship ending soon.

#709 User is offline Skyler 

Posted 25 June 2015 - 06:40 PM

• Wiki edits:136
Wow, that's incredible.

#710 User is offline ryouga 

Posted 27 July 2015 - 06:14 PM

I must have a few of the old UK Sonic 1 posters somewhere, I did have one on my bedroom wall inc a Sonic 3 large poster from a magazine but my dad binned them about 3 years ago when redecorating the room(not bad though surviving over 15 years)

Not sure if he binned my old Sonic sweet holder, it was basically just something that had sweets inside, but I think the hands snapped off years ago.

I must have various Sonic the Comics somewhere too.

Shows how much I liked Sonic when I bought Sonic Jam, R and 3D on the Saturn despite having all the Mega Drive games(bar Spinball but didn't like that one much anyway)

• 48 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users