Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: PS2 SLPM file data question: What is this stuff specifically? - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 2 Pages +
    Locked Forum

PS2 SLPM file data question: What is this stuff specifically? Screenshot included

#16 User is offline Travelsonic 

Posted 14 March 2018 - 04:52 PM

Hmm, for me to look up what I can on the DWARF debugging format, ask around, as there is something not being recognized by the tools you used that is still legit worth investigating, looking at. Odd.
This post has been edited by Travelsonic: 15 March 2018 - 09:40 AM

#17 User is offline Travelsonic 

Posted 20 March 2018 - 07:58 AM

(pardon the double-post) It is baffling, I think the data is still some sort of symbol data - it HAS To be, those names absolutely look like variable names (and helped me understand structures of data I've found in the game).

Silly Q: Working with a disassembly, I wonder what would be the best way of finding where functions and code for specific objects begin/end, so I can split off specific objects into separate ASM files for a split disassembly I am going to try to create.

#18 User is offline LocalH 

Posted 21 March 2018 - 01:24 AM

• roxoring your soxors
  • Project:Guitar Hero II: Rhythm Games Community Edition aka Pizza Hero II: Electric Pizza
  • Wiki edits:3
There are similar strings in the GH games (there, they're found in the .rodata segment), some of which are referenced in the code and some of which don't seem to be, or I don't have them marked as code. It would be nice if PCSX2 could output a code/data log that we could import into IDA.

#19 User is offline Travelsonic 

Posted 21 March 2018 - 08:43 AM

Speaking of this data, on page 93 of this document on DWARF, I noticed Compilation Unit 1 - .debug has a structure remarkably similar to the data I am looking at in the DDRMAX2 ELF, which I wish I had noticed earlier, as now I think I may have another point to work off of.
This post has been edited by Travelsonic: 21 March 2018 - 08:44 AM

#20 User is offline Travelsonic 

Posted 26 May 2018 - 11:24 AM

So, having time free now that my semester is over (and I've graduated yay!), I've gone back and looked at this data again. Definitely function names, and variable names - including names for data structures. Been trying to find info on this particular thing in whatever DWARF documentation (DWARF 2.0 if I recall correctly), and working with a disassembly + a PS2 emulator with debugger has allowed me to give you educated guesses as to which functions, but damn is it frustrating.

• 2 Pages +
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users