Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: General Project Screenshots/Video Thread - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 90 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

General Project Screenshots/Video Thread

#1336 User is offline EightC 

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:19 AM

View PostLapper, on 11 September 2017 - 03:17 PM, said:

Upcoming fan project of mine
Posted Image

Spoiler

Can't wait for this, why more companies haven't jumped on the idea of making a "maker" type game is beyond me. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with and I'm definitely gonna watch for this project.

#1337 User is offline Lapper 

Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:52 PM

• Project:Sonic 2 HD, Sonic Maker
  • Wiki edits:111
I'll be clear with my intentions for it ~

It wont be a replacement for actual fangame creation tools (GM, MMF, etc). It'll be a fun little 'toy' you can mess with and create Sonic levels quickly and easily which get autotextured (but you can place decorations). Basically just a bit of fun! Same scope as Mario maker (just as it was 7 years ago). Sans the online sharing thing, levels will save as files as you'd expect.

There are tonnes of limitations with this idea, and I recognise them, it won't ever be as customisable as a real fangame of course. The value is the ease of use and just removing the tech + keeping the fun of Sonic level design.

#1338 User is offline P3DR0 

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:35 PM

• b0ss
  • Project:SONIC INFINITY
That looks so awesome, Lapper! Great work!

Very fluid. Loving the design.

Coincidentally I also started working on SONIC INFINITY's titlescreen. Doesn't look half as awesome as Lapper's but still:

Posted Image

#1339 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:57 AM

• Project:Posting a lot (I have a lot of time at work)
  • Wiki edits:10
Looks just as awesome to me, they're both incredible looking!

#1340 User is offline Dolphman 

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:59 AM

The Sonic Infinity title screen is seriously giving me classic Amiga and DOS game vibes due to the shading. It's gorgeous!

#1341 User is offline Aerosol 

Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:46 PM

• FML and FU2
  • Project:Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
You guys are making me want to get back into pixel arting. Stahp. I don't have time for this!

#1342 User is offline Liraxus 

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:53 PM

• Enchilada
  • Project:Nothing, really.
I'm impressed at the shading here, particularly on the Sonic Infinity title screen, I'll be impressed as all hell if it turns out animated, because it's already oozing with delicious character.

#1343 User is offline JaxTH 

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:02 AM

• Pudding Deity
  • Project:Jack shit.
  • Wiki edits:2

View PostEightC, on 12 September 2017 - 09:19 AM, said:

Can't wait for this, why more companies haven't jumped on the idea of making a "maker" type game is beyond me.

The only ones I can think of are Sonic the Hedgehog Level Creator and Mario Maker honestly.

Did MegaMan: Powered Up have level creation stuff in it?

#1344 User is offline Ravenfreak 

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:18 AM

• Sonic 3's sprites are way better than Mania's!
  • Project:Hacking some 8-bit Sonic game
  • Wiki edits:112
Megaman Powered up does indeed have a level creator. There's also a Megaman fangame that allows you to make your own levels. As for both title screens I like them, great work you two!

#1345 User is offline Covarr 

Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:12 AM

• Sentient Cash Register
  • Wiki edits:1

Can't wait for this, why more companies haven't jumped on the idea of making a "maker" type game is beyond me. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with and I'm definitely gonna watch for this project.

Off the top of my head... Portal 2 has a pretty simple in-game map maker. Advance Wars will let you create just about any map that you can dream. Jazz Jackrabbit 2 came with Jazz Creation Station, which was pretty fetch. The Halo games are well known for Forge mode. Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2 had "construction zone". Minecraft has creative mode

I mean, full on "maker" games are relatively uncommon outside of stuff like RPG Maker, but so many games have full-fledged level editors that a separate Maker is often unneeded.

#1346 User is offline EightC 

Posted 16 September 2017 - 12:04 PM

View PostCovarr, on 14 September 2017 - 10:12 AM, said:

Off the top of my head... Portal 2 has a pretty simple in-game map maker. Advance Wars will let you create just about any map that you can dream. Jazz Jackrabbit 2 came with Jazz Creation Station, which was pretty fetch. The Halo games are well known for Forge mode. Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2 had "construction zone". Minecraft has creative mode

I mean, full on "maker" games are relatively uncommon outside of stuff like RPG Maker, but so many games have full-fledged level editors that a separate Maker is often unneeded.

True, I was kind of thinking like more classic games Megaman (which was going to have one but cancelled), Sonic, Zelda and the like. I really like what they did with the new Mario Maker and would like to see more games done in that style. As for other game that have built in editors the new Doom also had a great map creation tool and so does Team Fortress/CS with Source.I know that fans released a Megaman maker type game and it's pretty good, it was was a lot of fun building classic stages and I hope they continue to add to it.

View PostP3DR0, on 12 September 2017 - 10:35 PM, said:

That looks so awesome, Lapper! Great work!

Very fluid. Loving the design.

Coincidentally I also started working on SONIC INFINITY's titlescreen. Doesn't look half as awesome as Lapper's but still:

Posted Image

This looks great and the detail is really solid.
This post has been edited by EightC: 16 September 2017 - 12:07 PM

• 90 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

3 User(s) are reading this topic
1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Member: Seiph