Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Why I Don't Like Sonic Games - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 6 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Why I Don't Like Sonic Games

#16 User is offline SuperSnoopy 

Posted 04 January 2019 - 04:42 AM

• I prefer Sonic Advance to Sonic 2
  • Project:Learning how to fucking draw

View PostLaura, on 04 January 2019 - 04:35 AM, said:

Why is everyone being such a dick?

Probably because this dude created a new account and a new topic just to post his clickbait video about him not liking sonic... on a sonic forum.
What a madlad :v:
This post has been edited by SuperSnoopy: 04 January 2019 - 04:45 AM

#17 User is offline Laura 

Posted 04 January 2019 - 05:00 AM

• Brightened Eyes
I know loads of forums which have regular users who are not of fans of the respective series who are treated with respect. Maybe he wants to hear our side of the story? Maybe he wants to communicate his ideas with diehard fans and see their opinion?

Seems like mass insecurity from the users here if I'm being honest. That and a strange zeal for threads to be trashed which I've also noticed elsewhere when dissenting opinions come up.

#18 User is offline DigitalDuck 

Posted 04 January 2019 - 05:04 AM

• Arriving four years late.
  • Project:TurBoa, S1RL

View PostLaura, on 04 January 2019 - 04:35 AM, said:

Why is everyone being such a dick? I know people in real life who hate Classic Sonic and I don't act like this to them. In fact, my best friend has played Sonic 3 and Sonic Mania and disliked both games on a fundamental level. He just doesn't like the game's appeal, and there's nothing wrong with that.

I sometimes worry that Sonic 3 is treated with such reverence that people genuinely think it's objectively perfect.

View PostLaura, on 04 January 2019 - 05:00 AM, said:

I know loads of forums which have regular users who are not of fans of the respective series who are treated with respect. Maybe he wants to hear our side of the story? Maybe he wants to communicate his ideas with diehard fans and see their opinion?

Seems like mass insecurity from the users here if I'm being honest. That and a strange zeal for threads to be trashed which I've also noticed elsewhere when dissenting opinions come up.

It must be nice not knowing what a troll is.

#19 User is offline Laughingcow 

Posted 04 January 2019 - 05:06 AM

Or he's just trying to get outrage views for his video.

It's been about a day since posting and he hasn't shown up to comment. Very telling.

#20 User is offline Laura 

Posted 04 January 2019 - 05:09 AM

• Brightened Eyes
A troll wouldn't take the time to make a video, sign up to Sonic Retro and pass the validation system just to get a rise out of the members here. Jesus Christ.

And believe me, I know what a troll is ;)

#21 User is offline DigitalDuck 

Posted 04 January 2019 - 05:13 AM

• Arriving four years late.
  • Project:TurBoa, S1RL

View PostLaura, on 04 January 2019 - 05:09 AM, said:

A troll wouldn't take the time to make a video, sign up to Sonic Retro and pass the validation system just to get a rise out of the members here. Jesus Christ.

And believe me, I know what a troll is ;)/>

Amazingly enough, one can make a video for multiple purposes. It probably wasn't especially for us.

Signing up to a forum isn't exactly an arduous task, not even this one.

#22 User is offline Laura 

Posted 04 January 2019 - 06:32 AM

• Brightened Eyes
Yeah sure, let's just assume that someone who doesn't like Classic Sonic and wants to discuss their opinions with fans must be trolling!

I watched the video and pretty much agreed with Josh, it was good! Don't agree with it but it was mostly well done.

This isn't someone making absurd claims or making blatantly ridiculous claims. Stop being such fanboys.

#23 User is offline XRick 

Posted 04 January 2019 - 07:19 AM

• Wiki edits:2
I haven't seen the video, but what the OP had written was more than enough.
As a kid, I was a great fan of stuff like Sonic, Dragon Ball and such. But with time, and with the way things have been going overall, I no longer feel hyped over a Sonic game, even DBSuper felt childish and needless to exist.
As much as it pains me sometimes, as we grow up, we come to enjoy things (or not) without feeling like our lives depend on them, it's a sense of disconnection that many warned me before and I've been feeling it now.
I still follow Sonic, I still can kinda enjoy it, but the feelings I had towards the franchise at the time of SA1&2 and 06, even the Classics, are far from what they once were. And that's why I can kinda relate with the OP.

Still, for him to come to this forum and have his first (and apparently only) post be about this seems kinda odd and very clickbait-y, to say the least. It's like he did it on purpose to have people here see the thread and the video and go watch it, for some reason or another. I don't take it as a troll, but it's strange nonetheless.
This post has been edited by XRick: 04 January 2019 - 07:19 AM

#24 User is offline SuperSnoopy 

Posted 04 January 2019 - 07:25 AM

To go back to what you said a few posts ago

View PostLaura, on 04 January 2019 - 05:00 AM, said:

Regular is the important word here. If someone like Overlord, or any other user that has been here for a while made a topic like this, we'd be much more inclined to listen and discuss their arguments.
But this dude came outta nowhere. It's his first post on the forum, and he used it to create a topic that basically says "I don't like sonic please watch this 50 minutes video from my youtube channel k thanks bye"
Of course we're making fun of him. I don't even think he's a troll, he basically just wanted some quick views for his new video. I doubt he'll ever post here again.

#25 User is offline Laura 

Posted 04 January 2019 - 07:32 AM

• Brightened Eyes
I think you're all paranoid. He obviously created the thread and his account to promote his video, which is really no different to the other times people have done this before with fangames and other video projects. I've seen it before, it's not unheard of.

He hasn't responded to us yet but then the post is only a day old...

If this was a video praising Sonic, no one would bat an eyelid. People are only losing their minds about this because he's criticising Classic Sonic.

#26 User is offline steveswede 

Posted 04 January 2019 - 07:53 AM

• Project:Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
  • Wiki edits:6
Have you watched the video Laura because it's partially satirical and mocks the fan community with playful banter to be entertaining. If you do something like that then you should expect some banter in return. Don't be so serious about it and besides, his post and video has kinda rekindled these forums a bit. :P

#27 User is offline SuperSnoopy 

Posted 04 January 2019 - 07:55 AM

View PostLaura, on 04 January 2019 - 07:32 AM, said:

If this was a video praising Sonic, no one would bat an eyelid. People are only losing their minds about this because he's criticising Classic Sonic.

That's where I think you're wrong. I'm pretty sure no one care that he's criticizing classic sonic. In fact, I'm sure there would've been even less discussion and even more shitposts if the video was praising classic sonic instead, but who knows :v:
This post has been edited by SuperSnoopy: 04 January 2019 - 08:00 AM

#28 User is offline Palas 

Posted 04 January 2019 - 09:22 AM

• Don't lose your temper so quickly.
I hve only one question.

I think I was just so impressed by not just the levels and music, but the speed, the presentation, the loops, the characters, etc., basically a lot of stuff that had nothing to do with actually playing the games.

Why would you think things that are intrinsic parts of a game would have nothing to do with "actually playing" the game? What does it mean to "actually play" the game, if not to... play it, whole package included?
This post has been edited by Palas: 04 January 2019 - 09:23 AM

#29 User is offline Laura 

Posted 04 January 2019 - 09:37 AM

• Brightened Eyes
Another inspiring post by Palas! I hope you stay around :specialed:

I guess he thinks gameplay is fundamentally just playing the game and has nothing to do with the other aspects of the experience.

#30 User is offline Aerosol 

Posted 04 January 2019 - 09:45 AM

• FML and FU2
  • Project:Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?

View PostLaura, on 04 January 2019 - 07:32 AM, said:

I think you're all paranoid. He obviously created the thread and his account to promote his video, which is really no different to the other times people have done this before with fangames and other video projects. I've seen it before, it's not unheard of.

He hasn't responded to us yet but then the post is only a day old...

Nah I'd still be rolling my eyes.

Paranoid? No the word you're looking for is jaded.

• 6 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users