New Video Update: Some of the recent changes.
Video of Special Stage palette changes:
Current Version: Beta 2.3
Eggman has stolen almost all of the colors from South Island (and Sonic himself), and it is up to Sonic to return them to where they belong.
The object of this hack, is to track down/find the Color Monitors hidden in each stage. Upon finding them, the colors of the area will be returned and the player can proceed to the next stage.
The aforementioned Color Monitors include:
'S': Returns the normal colors to the stage.
'Sonic': Reverts Sonic's colors back to normal, and grants 1 extra life.
'Goggles': Returns all underwater colors to normal, including Sonic's.
'Music': Changes the background music back to normal.
'Cycle S': Returns all of the cycled colors to normal.
'Restart': Brings you back to the start of the stage.
- -All 5 of the designated 'Color' Monitors function properly in each relevant stage
-There is therefore a 'new' palette for each stage and Sonic
Planned Features (To-Do-List)
- New layouts, primarily for all of Labyrinth Zone. (Including actually hiding the monitors; they are not hidden in this current build, for testing purposes and such)
- New Special Stage Layouts
- A proper fade effect for the palette change.
- More detailed changes to SBZ 1&2's Palettes.
Restart and Music Monitor Video:
Video (Labyrinth and SBZ 3):
Original Palette Change Monitor Video:
Beta 2 Download:
Beta 2.1 Bugfix Build
Test/Beta Release 1 Download:
LZ/SBZ Fix-Fixes Lamppost glitch, and LZ Underwater palette is changed.
Special Thanks to Cinossu (for some coding help in the beginning), GenesisFan64 (for his original PalLoad_Loop subroutine), Selbi (For his Basic Error Fixing Guide), redhotsonic (for his various guides), PsychoSk8tr, Mercury, KingofHarts (Sonic Triad author), and the all of the Wiki in general.