Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
Loading News Feed...

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion Electric Bogaloo

#1291 User is offline Hero Of Fate 

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:23 PM

• Superstar
  • Project:MarioMedia.net FTP
It looks all right (so far). An improvement from Ep. 1, for sure, so I'll probably download the PSN version.

#1292 User is offline GeneHF 

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:26 PM

• Classier than you'll ever be.
  • Project:オノマトペ大臣
  • Wiki edits:381

View PostJackSkellinghog, on 23 February 2012 - 05:21 PM, said:

Hate to burst bubbles but check it at 00:37 when just after the spring barrage Sonic loses half if not complete momentum. We fixed the physics guys we promise!

Good thing that wasn't a primary concern of mine. How dare I wish to have fun with other people! :specialed:

#1293 User is offline SmashX5000 

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:49 PM

• Simply Smashing
  • Project:I'm working on a cartoon based on the Genesis games called Sonic Boom.
I'm still looking forward to it, but, uh, Sega, what happened to that whole new physics thing you mentioned? It looked exactly the same but without uncurling. .-.

#1294 User is offline Effexor 

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:59 PM

• Who wants a coop stopped?
  • Wiki edits:36

View PostJackSkellinghog, on 23 February 2012 - 05:21 PM, said:

Hate to burst bubbles but check it at 00:37 when just after the spring barrage Sonic loses half if not complete momentum. We fixed the physics guys we promise! . While I wasn't expecting much, I was expecting at least a slight change in the physics, guess not.

But... He didn't have any momentum to begin with. He hit a spring. Just saying.

#1295 User is offline Vaiz 

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:29 PM

• these beats are too strict.
  • Project:Internet.
  • Wiki edits:92
Sonic 4 wasn't the worst thing in the world. This won't be the worst thing in the world. Everyone acts like someone just took a massive steaming shit on your mom's chest or something. I'm probably gonna enjoy it when it comes out. The game, not taking a massive steaming shit.

#1296 User is offline JackSkellinghog 

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:36 PM

• Wiki edits:13

View PostVaiz, on 23 February 2012 - 06:29 PM, said:

Sonic 4 wasn't the worst thing in the world. This won't be the worst thing in the world. Everyone acts like someone just took a massive steaming shit on your mom's chest or something. I'm probably gonna enjoy it when it comes out. The game, not taking a massive steaming shit.

I was talking about the game improving on the first, not whether It was the worst thing in the world or not. But no it's not, I can happily carry on my life with this in existance. Christ knows how I continued after Sonic 06 dropped, but I managed.

#1297 User is offline Solid SOAP 

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:36 PM

• has covered wars
Yeah, despite my criticisms towards the trailer's content, I'm really not expecting a "shit" game. It will be underwhelming, yeah. There are too few levels and the level design looks very similar, but for all that it's worth this does seem like, in some areas, a successor to the Genesis games. No, it isn't Sonic 4 as we always imagined it, but the level progression looks really cool, I like the zone tropes, the graphics are awesome and if the trailer is anything to go by then the music will be pretty good too.

#1298 User is offline Vaiz 

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:41 PM

• these beats are too strict.
  • Project:Internet.
  • Wiki edits:92

View PostJackSkellinghog, on 23 February 2012 - 06:36 PM, said:

I was talking about the game improving on the first, not whether It was the worst thing in the world or not. But no it's not, I can happily carry on my life with this in existance. Christ knows how I continued after Sonic 06 dropped, but I managed.

Wasn't talking about you specifically, mate. Your comments are pretty moderate. It just seems like there's a lot of hyperbole being thrown around that I think is the result of people getting their hopes up that this would really be anything different. Sonic 4:1 was O.K. Sonic 4:2 will probably be O.K.

#1299 User is offline JackSkellinghog 

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:45 PM

• Wiki edits:13

View PostVaiz, on 23 February 2012 - 06:41 PM, said:

View PostJackSkellinghog, on 23 February 2012 - 06:36 PM, said:

Wasn't talking about you specifically, mate. Your comments are pretty moderate. It just seems like there's a lot of hyperbole being thrown around that I think is the result of people getting their hopes up that this would really be anything different. Sonic 4:1 was O.K. Sonic 4:2 will probably be O.K.

Then in that case yeah, I agree. Believing Ken Balough is why we can't have nice things.

#1300 User is offline Mykonos 

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:49 PM

• MODE CHANGE.
  • Wiki edits:178
Kellie Parker on the SEGA forums confirmed that Tails is only playable in two-player mode.

Sort of disappointing.

#1301 User is offline Hez 

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:55 PM

• Asshole
  • Project:Your mother
  • Wiki edits:27

View PostMykonos, on 23 February 2012 - 06:49 PM, said:

Kellie Parker on the SEGA forums confirmed that Tails is only playable in two-player mode.

Sort of disappointing.

But surprising? Fuck if they do anything right. They take one step in the right direction, they'll take three in the other.

#1302 User is offline The Growler 

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:58 PM

View PostMykonos, on 23 February 2012 - 06:49 PM, said:

Sort of disappointing.

Yeah, I was just about to mention that it seems like there'll be no Sonic or Tails-only mode, considering that it appears to have a lot of the level designed specifically for the combo of Sonic & Tails together (Tails carrying Sonic in the water, the Sonic/Tails spin-dash-merge-thing). I can imagine there could be a lot of character-switching ala Sonic Heroes on this.

I just hope the AI will make up for this.
This post has been edited by The Growler: 23 February 2012 - 07:03 PM

#1303 User is offline FuzzballFox 

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:01 PM

• Hmmmmm
  • Project:Nothing anymore
Fixing the damn centered text. :I

You people complain too much. Also was that some "plane switching" I saw?
This post has been edited by FuzzballFox: 23 February 2012 - 07:11 PM

#1304 User is offline Solid SOAP 

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:06 PM

• has covered wars
It's a little disappointing for Tails fans, but I don't think it's that big of a deal. If the levels are designed around them as a combo and it actually works, then I'll be happy. A lot of people were upset that Diddy wasn't playable in Country Returns, but that game was excellently designed otherwise, so if this is so much as half a decent game that's fun for a romp every now and then I can't really complain. I never played as Tails anyway.

#1305 User is offline HarrisonJ 

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:21 PM

• Project:University
  • Wiki edits:16
I'll probably end up getting the Steam version. Maybe some mods or something can fix some of these problems (like Tails only being available in 2 player mode).

• 274 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users