Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: SEGA 3D Classics Coming to 3DS - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 24 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

SEGA 3D Classics Coming to 3DS In NA and EU!

#346 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 16 May 2017 - 06:15 AM

• Wiki edits:18

View Postmentski, on 15 May 2017 - 01:30 PM, said:

With After Burner and Thunder Blade, as it's a straight replacement of one ROM which replaces the original pieces of music, so those *could* go into MAME, but I'm pretty sure they have a policy where they don't support ROMhacks unless there's evidence they were ever used in the arcade.
Nowadays, MAME supports games like OutRun Enhanced Edition and Bubble Bobble Lost Cave, and those are not even official.

EDIT: It also supports things like the English translation of Monster Land (straight from the Virtual Console release) and some prototype of Fantasy Zone II that I'm not sure where it came from (the PC demo, perhaps?).
This post has been edited by ICEknight: 16 May 2017 - 06:27 AM

#347 User is offline mentski 

Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:26 AM

• Pfff.
  • Project:Being a mysterious face.
You'd think considering how much I use MAME, I'd have actually noticed that... Heh.

Thinking about it, considering they merged with MESS a while back, it makes sense that that hacks aren't quite as off limits any more. Although they're clearly keeping some kind of quality control as to what ROMs get in, unlike, say, HBMAME.

• 24 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users