Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Upcoming Sonic the Hedgehog movie - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 21 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Upcoming Sonic the Hedgehog movie (Originally: Sony presents - Sonic the Smurfs)

#301 User is offline BlackHole 

Posted 03 October 2017 - 03:31 AM

• You're going to need MORE than help.
  • Project:Sprites for Cybernetic Outbreak
Seriously SEGA? You keep skipping out on Disney, the company who did such a good job in Wreck-it Ralph to represent the franchise...

This is why I think the creative minds behind SEGA are some of the finest in the industry, but the business heads are completely incompetent.

#302 User is offline TimmiT 

Posted 03 October 2017 - 04:05 AM

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Project:Big screenshots
  • Wiki edits:8

View PostBlackHole, on 03 October 2017 - 03:31 AM, said:

Seriously SEGA? You keep skipping out on Disney, the company who did such a good job in Wreck-it Ralph to represent the franchise...

This is why I think the creative minds behind SEGA are some of the finest in the industry, but the business heads are completely incompetent.

Who said Disney wanted to pick this movie up?

#303 User is offline HP Zoner 

Posted 03 October 2017 - 04:26 AM

• Project:Crash Mania

View PostICEknight, on 02 October 2017 - 11:38 PM, said:

Jesus christ SEGA, just give the money to Tyson Hesse and let the magic happen.

Basically this. Tyson Heese adds such a wonderful flair to this world and its characters that it's hard not to fall in love with it all. His art was the only reason I ordered the Sonic Mega Drive comics after playing Mania (though I was pleasantly surprised to find out the writing was just as good, since I'd never read a Sonic comic before).

I'm not opposed to a CG movie (Sonic's generally had it good in that department, so I'd imagine they'd try and replicate the same feel and fluidity as usual), but yeah, the live action part is what's souring me on the whole thing. It just sounds so weird and unnecessary, not to mention reminiscent of stuff like Sonic 2006 or Alvin & the Chipmunks. I want to be proven wrong, but given the nature of this project, the natural thing to do is to keep expectations as low as possible.

#304 User is offline Chimpo 

Posted 03 October 2017 - 08:50 AM

• Project:Atomic Sonic Part II

View PostYeow, on 02 October 2017 - 06:35 PM, said:

(Also lol at it still being live-action/CG.)

Paramount barely has an animation studio so I'm not surprised. At the very least, Sony had a very talented animation studio behind it. Shame about the corporate meddling and awful screen writers employed there

#305 User is offline TimmiT 

Posted 03 October 2017 - 09:29 AM

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Project:Big screenshots
  • Wiki edits:8

View PostChimpo, on 03 October 2017 - 08:50 AM, said:

View PostYeow, on 02 October 2017 - 06:35 PM, said:

(Also lol at it still being live-action/CG.)

Paramount barely has an animation studio so I'm not surprised. At the very least, Sony had a very talented animation studio behind it. Shame about the corporate meddling and awful screen writers employed there

Sony's animation studio was never involved with the movie's animation. That was and still is being handled by Marza Animation Planet, which is Sega's own CG animation studio. The same one that's handled all CG cutscenes in Sonic games since Sonic Unleashed. The same director, writers, producers, and production company (Original Film) still seem to be attached as well. Really, doesn't seem like Sony had that much to do with the movie creatively.

• 21 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users