There will be one less trophy this year as the nature of hacking is changing and as I'm catching up on what I've been missing out on the past few years I'm realizing this more and more. Having a pretty palette gets you nowhere because we're LONG past that point right? Here are this year's trophies!
Hidden Palace Zone Trophy - Grand Prize Trophy. Winner will receive a small cash prize of some sort that can be negotiated at contests' end
Dust Hill Trophy – Second place. Winner will also receive a small cash prize at contests end (half of negotiated first place)
Wood Trophy – Third place
Genocide City Trophy – This award goes to the hardest game or level
Rainbow Trophy - hack or level with the best palette(s)
Lava Reef Trophy – this goes to the longest level hack (based on time taken to beat)
Green Hill Trophy – this goes to the level or game that plays most like a Sonic level or game
Labyrinth Trophy – most confusing level
Emerald Hill Trophy - most linear level
1337!!! Trophy – worst Sonic hack
1000101 Trophy – best technical hack
Windy Valley Trophy – best original art hack
Toxic Caves Trophy - best reused art hack
Shadow Trophy – best Hentai-based hack -- I want another giant dong in a game =P
WTF?! Trophy – most unique hack
Christmas Present Trophy - most unexpected hack
Piano Trophy - best music to level (thus it's specific to a specific level in a specific hack)
The Super Duper Amazing Level Trophy - best level layout hack
Eosian Sphere Trophy - best new object
Knuckles Trophy - best new playable character
Fang Trophy - best new enemy
Metropolis Trophy - best new boss
Mushroom Hill Trophy - best new miniboss (if applicable)
Spindash Trophy - best new ability
Eureka! Trophy - most innovative game play feature
Replay Trophy - most innovative options feature
Meth / Liquid Crack Trophy - most potential replayability.. by potential I'm realizing most hacks entered are incomplete and thus I'm going on the stuff already in there that would make it replayable as a fully finished game =)
The Bar Admin Trophy - most improved previous entry or most improved over old hack
As usual, one hack can win multiple trophies and multiple hacks can be submitted by one person...
1) You will have until 12:00 AM GMT August 31st, 2008 to get all of your hacks in to me
2) Hacks must be e-mailed as either ROMs or savestates (genecyst / gens format only). In the age of broadband, IPS is just retarded and you can attach massive files with Gmail and most other mail carriers.
3) There are no limits on editors.
4) New Trophies may be added or removed during the contest, although that is HIGHLY doubtful
5) Entries may be sent in for any console, though you'll have to tell us what it is.
6) You may reach me at [email protected] (get rid of filler) for questions and for sending hacks. You can also ask me questions in this thread
7) The entry must be sent in as the following:
Name / Alias:
Name of Hack:
Game of Origin:
Console of Origin:
Links to your hack in this topic are retarded. I know I don't want to sort through 200 replies for your hack. If you want, I will be happy to take a link to your hack through e-mail... as usual, though, this will probably be ignored so I'll still look through this topic =P
8) Updated hacks are always taken through the end of the contest. No late hacks will be accepted -- end of story
9) Simple palette hacks are no longer allowed. Anyone can whip out a new palette in a whopping five to ten minutes and I'm sick of that shit.
10) Rules may change at any time. Check back often.
11) Hacks are now being rated by Ambil as well. This allows another set of opinions and also allows me to possibly offer help with other people's hacks without feeling guilty.
Anyway, that's a rap! I'm hoping to add something to spice this year's contest up some, but I haven't figured out what that is yet, so check back often!!
Ready, set, PROCRASTINATE!!
~Nayr / Ayla / Sammy