I nixed a couple of the trophies that I thought were useless. One was the palette trophy.. can't remember what the other was. Something useless. Anyway, there is a whole new rating system which makes winning some of these different. Just realize that some of these have been changed from personal opinion to a grading system based on various criteria.
Hidden Palace Trophy - Grand Prize. Small cash prize negotiated after winning.
Wood Zone Trophy - Second Place. Something cool that I may have that can be negotiated after winning (drawings, toothbrushes, rave flyers..)
Genocide City Trophy – This award goes to the hardest level
Lava Reef Trophy – this goes to the longest level hack (based on time taken to beat)
Green Hill Trophy – this goes to the level or game that plays most like a Sonic level or game
Labyrinth Trophy – most confusing level
1337!!! Trophy – worst Sonic hack
1000101 Trophy – best technical hack
Windy Valley Trophy – best original art hack
Toxic Caves Trophy - best reused art hack
Shadow Trophy – best Hentai-based hack -- I want another giant dong in a game =P
WTF?! Trophy – most unique hack
Christmas Present Trophy - most unexpected hack
Piano Trophy - best music to level (thus it's specific to a specific level in a specific hack)
The Super Duper Amazing Level Trophy - best level layout hack
Eosian Sphere Trophy - best new object
Knuckles Trophy - best new playable character
Fang Trophy - best new enemy
Metropolis Trophy - best new boss
Mushroom Hill Trophy - best new miniboss (if applicable)
Spindash Trophy - best new ability
Eureka! Trophy - most innovative game play feature
Replay Trophy - most innovative options feature
Crystal Meth Trophy - most potential replayability.. by potential I'm realizing most hacks entered are incomplete and thus I'm going on the stuff already in there that would make it replayable as a fully finished game =)
The Bar Admin Trophy - most improved hack from last year
Robotnik's Revenge Trophy - best new concept based on existing concepts (boss attack, time attack, things that were added to a game that exist in other sonic games)
Maze Trophy- best sonic 1 special stage
Chute Trophy- best sonic 2 special stage
Sphere Trophy- best sonic 3 special stage
Emerald Trophy- best special stage (custom or otherwise)
As usual, one hack can win multiple trophies and multiple hacks can be submitted by one person...
1) You will have until 12:00 AM MST September 1st, 2009 to get all of your hacks in to me. This gives you kids that are in school all fucking summer =P
2) Hacks must be e-mailed as either ROMs or savestates (genecyst / gens format only). In the age of broadband, IPS is just retarded and you can attach massive files with Gmail and most other mail carriers.
3) There are no limits on editors.
4) New Trophies may be added or removed during the contest
5) Entries may be sent in for any console, though you'll have to tell us what it is.
6) You may reach me at [email protected] (get rid of filler) for questions and for sending hacks. You can also ask me questions in this thread
7) The entry must be sent in as the following:
Name / Alias:
Name of Hack:
Game of Origin:
Console of Origin:
Links to your hack in this topic are retarded. I know I don't want to sort through 200 replies for your hack. If you want, I will be happy to take a link to your hack through e-mail... as usual, though, this will probably be ignored so I'll still look through this topic =P Bastards.
8) No late hacks will be accepted -- end of story. Updated, already entered hacks are taken all the way until I finish playing through each hack once. I will let you know when that happens IN THIS TOPIC.
9) Simple palette hacks are not allowed. Anyone can whip out a new palette in a whopping five to ten minutes and I'm sick of that shit.
10) Rules may change at any time. Check back often.
11) I will ask YOU to judge. I'm not taking applications. Oerg and roxahris are already on board. If I need more I'll ask.
Roxahris - n/a
Oerg - n/a
Malevolence - Bosses
Tweaker - music
So yah.. I've decided I'm going to make trophy posters myself for the contest. Isn't that awesome? They're going to rock. Just wait and see =P
As usual.. Ready, Set... Procrastinate!!
Julia / Ayla / Samantha / Nayr / jesus I have too many aliases >.>