Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Adventure DX: Fixed Edition - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 11 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Sonic Adventure DX: Fixed Edition 1.1, 2/24/18

#61 User is offline Morph 

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:48 PM

• AKA SonicFreak94.
  • Project:SA1/2 hax
  • Wiki edits:11

View PostClutch, on 22 September 2011 - 04:08 PM, said:

Well if you used the models, logically the same thing should be done for the "How to Play" screens, options menu, and endings.

...Though that would require quite a bit of modeling work or some damn good editing.

Yeah, that's gonna be quite a bit of work, although I'd like to do that regardless of what I do with the 1-up capsule icon things.

And in response to <quote pyramid>, I really don't recommend the Steam/Dreamcast Collection version of SADX unless you really want full 360 controller support. I can almost understand getting it for the 360, but not the (Steam/Dreamcast Collection) PC version.

#62 User is offline Trunks 

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:06 PM

• AGAIN TRY
  • Project:The Bancast, Lone Stars, LOVE
  • Wiki edits:30
Any word on fixing the stupid borders in the Steam version of SADX (The Dreamcast collection, whatever), and making it run at whatever resolution the screen is set to?

Also, does anyone know a way to force antialiasing in the game? And mipmapping?

#63 User is offline TimmiT 

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:11 PM

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Wiki edits:8
Bought the Steam version as part of the Dreamcast Collection. I knew the version was worse than the 2004 version, but I didn't expect it to be this bad. You can't even put the resolution any higher than 1280x720.

#64 User is offline Ashura96 

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:25 PM

• FUTURE 2222
  • Wiki edits:6
Better yet, you can't change the resolution or if you want windowed or fullscreen.

At least I can't.

#65 User is offline MainMemory 

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:43 PM

• Every day's the same old thing... Same place, different day...
  • Project:SonLVL
  • Wiki edits:1,339

View PostTrunks, on 23 September 2011 - 05:06 PM, said:

Any word on fixing the stupid borders in the Steam version of SADX (The Dreamcast collection, whatever), and making it run at whatever resolution the screen is set to?

No; I don't know; and yes, it involves changing all the textures, there's a post in the SADX hacking topic with a texture set with mipmap enabled.

#66 User is offline DustArma 

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:50 PM

• Project:Learning Python.

View PostTrunks, on 23 September 2011 - 05:06 PM, said:

PolygonJim managed to force a different internal resolution, but I'm not sure if anything came up from that.

#67 User is offline Morph 

Posted 25 September 2011 - 11:05 PM

• AKA SonicFreak94.

View PostMorph, on 22 September 2011 - 12:48 AM, said:

It's been a while since I last worked on this, so I decided to do the thing I put off the most from the to-do list.
... Then I realized, I really don't feel like doing what I had originally planned. I'm talking about the 1-Up capsule icon inconsistencies (Pictures of SA1 models for the 1ups). I came up with the following: http://puu.sh/5X9D

I'm not totally sure if I should go ahead and stick with this for the other characters as well, so I wanted to get some input. What do you guys think? I can either do this ("this" being use the SA1 character art), or I can go rip all the characters' heads, take screenshots of them, and modify them to look similar to the original capsule icons.

So, I got two relevant responses to this... Anybody else? I'd like to know what you guys think. I'm waiting on this feedback to continue working on this particular PVM, so once I make the PC2010 specific version, I don't have to update it more than once (since that's the only other thing I really need to do to this PVM for now).

Edit: And to clarify, despite the fact that I don't feel like doing it, I'm perfectly willing to if enough people so desire.
This post has been edited by Morph: 25 September 2011 - 11:11 PM

#68 User is offline Clutch 

Posted 25 September 2011 - 11:27 PM

• It was a dark and stormy night...
  • Wiki edits:1
Also worth considering: Metal Sonic's life icon used a 3D Model. They didn't bother to edit out his body or sync the angle up with the other characters, but it's there.

There's no Adventure-era art of him either so if you stuck with the 2D life icons you'd have to resort to his Sonic Channel art (which doesn't really have the same style) or Fan Art to keep him in line with the rest of them.
This post has been edited by Clutch: 25 September 2011 - 11:30 PM

#69 User is offline Morph 

Posted 25 September 2011 - 11:48 PM

• AKA SonicFreak94.
Oh yeah, you're right. Totally forgot about Metal Sonic... :flunked:

That being the case, I guess I'll go rip the heads of the characters. ;_;
Hopefully I can get it looking nice.

#70 User is offline crystallize 

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:15 PM

View PostMorph, on 19 August 2011 - 06:41 PM, said:

Well, with the 360 controller patch, it fixes this issue, albeit not entirely. You can no longer look around with the analog stick, but it keeps your camera from going insane. It also doesn't fix the issue when free camera is used, but to get around that, I usually just hold both of my camera rotation buttons; seems more convenient than pausing, changing the option, and unpausing anyway.
BTW, is this patch compatible with so-called US fix? (what is it? who made it? why?) As far as I know, they're both EXEs, so there is no simple way to combine them. I thought about using some kind of file comparator and patcher, but it may work only if both files have same region, in other words, same offsets. I'm not sure about it.

#71 User is offline MainMemory 

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:29 PM

• Every day's the same old thing... Same place, different day...
  • Project:SonLVL
  • Wiki edits:1,339
I made a patcher program that automatically detects and works with both the US and EU versions.

#72 User is offline Limey Otoko 

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:57 PM

View PostMorph, on 25 September 2011 - 11:48 PM, said:

Oh yeah, you're right. Totally forgot about Metal Sonic... :flunked:

That being the case, I guess I'll go rip the heads of the characters. ;_;
Hopefully I can get it looking nice.

You could just use Sonic Channel art for everyone? It'd be faster and easier

#73 User is offline Morph 

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:55 PM

• AKA SonicFreak94.

View PostLimey Otoko, on 03 January 2012 - 08:57 PM, said:

You could just use Sonic Channel art for everyone? It'd be faster and easier

I dunno, the style doesn't really say "Sonic Adventure" to me. More like Sonic Advance.
Also, if none of you guys figured it out, I didn't really get any progress past these icons. I couldn't get it looking right with the models, and got distracted by absolutely everything... for 4 months. I'll pick it back up eventually though, I always do.

#74 User is offline RedMetallix 

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:16 PM

• Supreme Thunder
  • Project:What? Don't be silly.
  • Wiki edits:7
Alright, kind of a tough thing to fulfill, but would it be possible to use the Dreamcast Version Textures in the Adventure Fields and Levels? I recall them being different or sharper in some cases.

I'd also like to see the DX Models replaced with the Dreamcast models (Because the characters look so out of place with the NPC's and E-102.) But I'm pretty sure that's an impossibility. If the textures could get swapped out that would be fine, since the glossy characters really don't look good.

#75 User is offline Morph 

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:24 PM

• AKA SonicFreak94.
That's all perfectly plausible, but I'm not trying to create a "Sonic Adventure 1: PC", I'm just trying to fix Sonic Adventure DX. Maybe as a separate mod, sure, but that's not exactly something I intend to do in SADX:FE.

• 11 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users