Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic R Hacking - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 20 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Sonic R Hacking Because somebody should.

#286 User is offline XRick 

Posted 01 September 2018 - 09:13 AM

• Wiki edits:2
Being the PC version, it shouldn't have trouble loading modified models, right? There's been mods before.
Unless the source code itself is written to load only a specific kind of models or something? Hmm, weird...

#287 User is online McAleeCh 

Posted 03 September 2018 - 07:35 AM

• Wiki edits:27
This looks amazing - I've always wanted to see the character models look more like their official renders on the "Congratulations!" screens etc., so would be really interested in this mod. Those prototype models look so much better than the ones used in-game in the final release, and you've done a really great job recreating them as accurately as possible. Will keep my fingers crossed that you manage to figure out the issues that are currently occurring...!

#288 User is offline XRick 

Posted 13 September 2018 - 05:56 AM

• Wiki edits:2
And no videos have surfaced so far of gameplay with those new models. That's saddening...

#289 User is offline Xinus 

Posted 14 September 2018 - 09:54 AM

I mean.. i can load up only the characters that display correctly right now and i think it won't crash. but as i said since all characters only use 2 textures half of the characters will appear with wrong textures. (also the versus icon uses player textures as well so it appears with incorrect textures in mode select menu.)
still I'm gonna give it a try though.

• 20 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users