Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Generations Hacking (and More!) - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 321 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Sonic Generations Hacking (and More!) Generations Cracked wide open (Custom Levels are an ongoing event!

#901 User is offline Chimera 

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:56 AM

• I'm not a furry.
  • Project:Castlevania prettyness
  • Wiki edits:5
Teaser.

Posted Image

I'm such a douche :specialed:

#902 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:19 AM

• Project:Working on my art!
  • Wiki edits:10
I like this.

I like this a lot.

#903 User is offline Dario FF 

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:42 AM

• Tech Support Hotline
  • Project:SonicGLvl

View PostDark Sonic, on 29 January 2012 - 11:19 AM, said:

I like this.

I like this a lot.

I dig it too. :v: I should've sent him the version with corrected textures though. (And 5:4 aspect ratio sucks balls for this game)

Our problems with most of these stages though is that we don't know what kind of object the game uses for water. It's definitely Havok-related, but no idea how to create a plane with water characteristics.

As for chu-nan, the first part works fine until the spinning platforms. We don't know how feasible it is to add a custom object WITH animations and collisions as well. There's hope though. (I also wonder what about the rockets... perhaps the speed highway rocket?)
This post has been edited by Dario FF: 29 January 2012 - 11:42 AM

#904 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:04 PM

• Project:Working on my art!
  • Wiki edits:10

View PostDario FF, on 29 January 2012 - 11:42 AM, said:

View PostDark Sonic, on 29 January 2012 - 11:19 AM, said:

I like this.

I like this a lot.

I dig it too. :v: I should've sent him the version with corrected textures though. (And 5:4 aspect ratio sucks balls for this game)

Our problems with most of these stages though is that we don't know what kind of object the game uses for water. It's definitely Havok-related, but no idea how to create a plane with water characteristics.

As for chu-nan, the first part works fine until the spinning platforms. We don't know how feasible it is to add a custom object WITH animations and collisions as well. There's hope though. (I also wonder what about the rockets... perhaps the speed highway rocket?)

Could you perhaps use the Sky Sanctuary spinning platforms? They seem to be virtually the same.

#905 User is offline Chimera 

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:06 PM

• I'm not a furry.
Actually, Guess Who proposed useing the Sky Sanctuary rotating platforms. That's not really a bad idea tbh.

And yeah Dario y u no do this :S

One more thing though: apparently there's an event in Sonic Unleashed that, if collided with in Generations, will break the game in that almost ALL objects sans enemies will be unable to touch Sonic. Until you turn off the game. Need to fix that.

Oh yeah Dario, get on MSN. I need to talk to you :V

EDIT: Ninja Sonic.
This post has been edited by Chimera: 29 January 2012 - 12:07 PM

#906 User is offline Dario FF 

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:11 PM

• Tech Support Hotline
Wow, I honestly forgot about the Sky Sanctuary platforms. :V I guess replacing the collision in them will do the trick just fine.

#907 User is offline Lobotomy 

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:39 PM

• 35% Cognac
  • Project:Project: Matter/Energy
  • Wiki edits:94
May wanna get rid of the sparks and flames shooting out of the board. Maybe replace with a mist texture to satisfy all uses of the board?
This post has been edited by Lobotomy: 29 January 2012 - 02:39 PM

#908 User is offline Rainbow Dash 

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:35 PM

• Project:Generations Level (Experimenting)

View PostChimera, on 29 January 2012 - 03:56 AM, said:

Teaser.

I'm such a douche :specialed:

#909 User is offline Guess Who 

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:24 PM

• It's a miracle!
  • Project:lol
  • Wiki edits:2
I hope you're all reading the video descriptions on these by the way, I'm putting more effort in those than the actual modding.

#910 User is offline Twilightzoney 

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:42 PM

• Project:Unleashed and Generations Stuff and Custom Works

View PostGuess Who, on 29 January 2012 - 06:24 PM, said:

I hope you're all reading the video descriptions on these by the way, I'm putting more effort in those than the actual modding.

That be your own opinion, unless I'm reading it wrong what your saying. About the effort, at least.

But nice job!, it sounds great. I usually don't like music stuff like that. But I can dig it.
This post has been edited by Twilightzoney: 29 January 2012 - 07:44 PM

#911 User is offline Dario FF 

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:58 PM

• Tech Support Hotline
Time for some fun facts.

As pointed out by Dark Sonic, the Sky Sanctuary platforms are virtually the same as the china ones. Not only is that right, they're actually the god damn same object. When we tried to import the .model of the China ones into that one, the collision had pretty much the same radius and floor height.

Anyway, as we all know, we can't just reskin them since there are not any half or one quarter platforms.

BUT

It's actually possible to replace the collision files. As long as you export with the same name internally for the rigid body as the .hkx of the object you're trying to replace, and it should be only ONE mesh, it will work. Also, the transformation Matrix I posted above? It shouldn't be applied at all if you're basing the meshes from Darkspines' model importer script.

Here's a video of the imported rotating floors with the right collision. Note that I haven't set the other types rights of the floors yet... but at least we figured out how to import our own custom collision for the in-game objects as well! (Also, the pillars in the center are a separate object that will be exported later as well with the correct collision and model from Unleashed).

Also notice how the terrain indeed casts shadows(and very detailed ones) into those platforms, as well as Sonic does. This confirms that:
A) The materials are indeed compatible and can receive shadows.
B) Unleashed models are compatible with Generations.

#912 User is offline Lobotomy 

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:14 PM

• 35% Cognac
  • Project:Project: Matter/Energy
  • Wiki edits:94

View PostDario FF, on 29 January 2012 - 07:58 PM, said:

A) The materials are indeed compatible and can receive shadows.
B) Unleashed models are compatible with Generations.

Cool, does this mean humans can be placed in the levels like they were in Unleashed?

Also I think the waterfall's texture is rotated 90 degrees.

#913 User is offline Dario FF 

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:16 PM

• Tech Support Hotline

View PostLobotomy, on 29 January 2012 - 08:14 PM, said:

Cool, does this mean humans can be placed in the levels like they were in Unleashed?

That would need remaking the animations in Havok format. So meh, I doubt anyone cares about those humans. :v: (Edit: Cares to do the effort of rigging and animating them)

View PostLobotomy, on 29 January 2012 - 08:14 PM, said:

Also I think the waterfall's texture is rotated 90 degrees.

The texture is actually correct, but the .uv-anim files need to be binary swapped I think. From generations to Unleashed, the UVs swapped. For textures, it can be just fixed by rotating them. But some files are animated just moving the UV, so they gotta be flipped as well.
This post has been edited by Dario FF: 29 January 2012 - 08:41 PM

#914 User is offline Falk 

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:24 AM

Wilder shot in the dark, but would messing around with the spinnies be the first step in replacing the static windmills in Apotos with spinning ones? (Obviously they don't need collision and all that, but yeah)

#915 User is offline Chimera 

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:13 AM

• I'm not a furry.
The windmills, if I'm correct, are models that have an animation applied to them. Sonic never runs on the windmills (though that'd be cool), so I don't think any object physics rotation is necessary. Really, you can just, in Max, rotate the thing 360 degrees at the last keyframe and export the animation and call it a day :specialed:

• 321 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users