Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Mania (and Plus) bugs, oddities and other stuff - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 6 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Sonic Mania (and Plus) bugs, oddities and other stuff ~a compilation~

#61 User is offline Modern 

Posted 15 October 2018 - 07:08 PM

• what tu hecc is modern!

View PostPrototype, on 15 October 2018 - 05:18 PM, said:

I've had a few bugs happen while playing the base game and Plus. A particular one seems glaring that I was surprised wasn't fixed by the Plus update. When playing as Tails in a place with anti-gravity like FBZ, when you're upside down the game can get pretty confused as to which direction Tails' tails are meant to be pointing, especially while ducking/charging a spindash.

And although I haven't been able to replicate iit, I've had some weird palette errors happen twice, usually involving super transformations, resulting in a dark brown Tails, and a black-shelled Mighty.

Oh, black-shelled mighty is easily replicatable, I know exactly what you're talking about.

There's also another issue regarding palette errors with Heavy Shinobi during the GHZ cutscenes.

#62 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 15 October 2018 - 07:52 PM

• Wiki edits:18

View PostModern, on 15 October 2018 - 07:08 PM, said:

Oh, black-shelled mighty is easily replicatable, I know exactly what you're talking about.

How?

There's also another issue regarding palette errors with Heavy Shinobi during the GHZ cutscenes.

Which is...?
This post has been edited by ICEknight: 15 October 2018 - 07:52 PM

#63 User is offline Modern 

Posted 16 October 2018 - 10:22 AM

View PostICEknight, on 15 October 2018 - 07:52 PM, said:

How?

Which is...?

1. Not sure what you mean by “how” since it happens almost every time you go super as mighty on the PC version.

2. Not sure what causes it but the yellow on Shinobi's hands, feet, and chest ends up becoming completely black.

#64 User is offline Mobiethian 

Posted 16 October 2018 - 11:32 AM

• Wiki edits:29
Not really related to the current discussion.. but they really shouldn't have changed the Stardust Speedway, Act 2 boss to the large chaotix Metal Sonic in Mania mode. That bugger is freaken' hard! And my pals are having a lot of trouble with it too. One moment maybe a few attacks can be done and all of a sudden it's total ring loss and then a fall into the pit over and over again. I'll just chalk it up as an unfair boss.

The original release boss with the chasing wall was so much fun and in my opinion, quite fair. Just my little tid-bit complaint.

#65 User is offline SHowin 

Posted 16 October 2018 - 03:19 PM

View PostMobiethian, on 16 October 2018 - 11:32 AM, said:

Not really related to the current discussion.. but they really shouldn't have changed the Stardust Speedway, Act 2 boss to the large chaotix Metal Sonic in Mania mode. That bugger is freaken' hard! And my pals are having a lot of trouble with it too. One moment maybe a few attacks can be done and all of a sudden it's total ring loss and then a fall into the pit over and over again. I'll just chalk it up as an unfair boss.

The original release boss with the chasing wall was so much fun and in my opinion, quite fair. Just my little tid-bit complaint.

I don't understand why the new version wasn't an encore exclusive change. Encore mode doesn't feel very different as it is and a couple of twists like that would have been a fine. Instead they made it a permanent change to the whole game.

#66 User is offline The Growler 

Posted 16 October 2018 - 04:28 PM

A question I'm curious to know is whether people here think there are actually more bugs in Mania Plus, or would you say the game is genuinely less buggy now - seeing as it's now almost exactly 3 months since Plus' release? Or is there techincally an equal amount of bugs, but just different ones to before?
This post has been edited by The Growler: 16 October 2018 - 04:31 PM

#67 User is offline SuperSnoopy 

Posted 16 October 2018 - 04:38 PM

• I prefer Sonic Advance to Sonic 2
  • Project:Learning how to fucking draw
3rd answer for me.
But the game isn't broken by any mean, there's just a few problems here and there.

#68 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 16 October 2018 - 04:50 PM

View PostModern, on 16 October 2018 - 10:22 AM, said:

View PostICEknight, on 15 October 2018 - 07:52 PM, said:

How?

1. Not sure what you mean by “how” since it happens almost every time you go super as mighty on the PC version.

Oh ok, I didn't know that.

#69 User is offline Prototype 

Posted 16 October 2018 - 06:23 PM

I've only had black-shelled Mighty occur once in the PC version, and that's when I was messing with debug and zooming through various super/character-switch monitors to see if I could confuse the game. The dark brown Tails thing happened in regular gameplay though. It rectified itself when the second Act started though.

#70 User is offline DigitalDuck 

Posted 17 October 2018 - 04:47 AM

• Arriving four years late.
  • Project:TurBoa, S1RL

View PostThe Growler, on 16 October 2018 - 04:28 PM, said:

A question I'm curious to know is whether people here think there are actually more bugs in Mania Plus, or would you say the game is genuinely less buggy now - seeing as it's now almost exactly 3 months since Plus' release? Or is there techincally an equal amount of bugs, but just different ones to before?

Mania Mode is less buggy; they fixed a few and introduced fewer.

The game as a whole is more buggy because Encore Mode has more bugs than they fixed.
This post has been edited by DigitalDuck: 17 October 2018 - 04:48 AM

#71 User is offline Friend of Sonic 

Posted 17 October 2018 - 11:20 AM

• ^ My only lasting impact to the Sonic community
So all hope for a patch is probably gone?

#72 User is offline Modern 

Posted 18 October 2018 - 01:41 PM

View PostFriend of Sonic, on 17 October 2018 - 11:20 AM, said:

So all hope for a patch is probably gone?

Pretty much, yup. Most we can fix are the palette issues via modding, and even that can only go so far.

#73 User is offline XCubed 

Posted 19 October 2018 - 08:45 PM

• Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center
  • Wiki edits:5

View PostSHowin, on 16 October 2018 - 03:19 PM, said:

View PostMobiethian, on 16 October 2018 - 11:32 AM, said:

I don't understand why the new version wasn't an encore exclusive change. Encore mode doesn't feel very different as it is and a couple of twists like that would have been a fine. Instead they made it a permanent change to the whole game.

Yeah, I'm a bit pissed off about that. It's too large of a change to the core game (Mania Mode). It should have been Encore only. This was treated as a big fix, but it was a design change for what was already a “finished” game.

#74 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 20 October 2018 - 05:12 PM

I wouldn't have a problem with that change if the new boss wasn't so unfair... but, then again, so are most of the others in one way or another, so I guess it fits well in the game. =\

Man, I so hope that the next Classic Sonic game gets rid of the "Mettrix boss design flaws" once and for all.
This post has been edited by ICEknight: 20 October 2018 - 05:12 PM

#75 User is offline kyasarintsu 

Posted 20 October 2018 - 08:11 PM

I hope the next game doesn't make us fight a crappy boss at the end of every single act. I wish 3&K didn't popularize the act 1 miniboss idea.

• 6 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users