Today, I decided to go ahead and test the waters with a small demonstration of the engine to show that it works.
Check out the readme file for instructions on how to use the example application. The major features are as follows:
- Support for VGM, VGZ, GYM, OGG, and WAV files
- YM2612 (FM) and SN76489 (PSG) synthesis
- Use driver with any number of channels up to 127
- Compression algorithms to allow more headroom for other sounds
- Flexible volume and panning controls
- Pitch and tempo controls
- Load and unload only sound data that is needed
If you're writing a program in C or C++ and would like to use the library in your program, let me know! I'm offering the library on a limited release basis. If there's enough demand for it, I'll do a general public release, but otherwise I'll keep the release more constrained for the time being.