Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: IDW Megathread - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 11 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

IDW Megathread Slowly but surely we're starting to get actual information.

#151 User is offline Jason 

Posted 19 April 2018 - 05:36 AM

• *Results not lab tested.
Jennifer Hernandez's pencil work isn't bad. She did work on the Archie comic and it looks fine. The big let down is the coloring. It's really flat and boring.

The story with Knuckles, and new antagonists, has a short battle ultimately solved with words. That felt really strange. Their Team Rocket bit and Sonic & Knuckles' reaction was pretty funny, though.

#152 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 20 April 2018 - 07:49 AM

• Project:Working on my art!
  • Wiki edits:10
Oh yay, Sonic mentions the Hooligans in issue 3. Considering he was comparing them to Rough and Tumble who are also mercenaries, if it's anything like the Archie series that hopefully means that Nack/Fang, Bean, and Bark are not dead and still canon.

If they come back though I wonder what Nack will be called now? They kept calling him Nack because Sega probably wasn't arsed enough to force them to change names, but with a clean slate they could go for Fang now.

#153 User is offline David The Lurker 

Posted 21 April 2018 - 08:38 PM

• For some mysterious reason...
  • Wiki edits:1,239

View PostOverlord, on 12 April 2018 - 02:11 PM, said:

View PostCasshern, on 12 April 2018 - 01:15 PM, said:

While good it's done well, another variant? I bought 3 when I was in London this weekend and there was one left on the shelf I didn't get, plus a fifth they didn't have... and that doesn't even count the multiple con-exclusive ones!

(Sidernote on the fast sellout - indeed, I bought several of #1 but I'm not going to be regularly buying the comic.)

It's not that uncommon for reprints of comic book issues to have new covers. It's an easy way to figure out if you have a first, second, third printing of something. And yes, complete collectors will feel the urge to buy issue after issue even if they already have seven copies of it. The most current example I can think of is the latest issues of Amazing Spider-Man, which have had multiple printings of recent issues, each with their own unique cover.

Also, since we're on the subject, seems Issue 1 is getting a third printing, and that issues 2 and 3 are also getting second printings. Guess the momentum behind this comic isn't coming to a screeching halt anytime soon (ohoho momentum)

#154 User is offline KingOfBunnies 

Posted 22 April 2018 - 06:15 AM

I wonder how stock at stores actually are though. I know the guy who runs my comic shop was cool and ordered 10 copies of number 1 since I wanted the 1 in 10 Retailer Incentive cover, but he still has copies on the wall. So I wonder if other stores also have leftovers or not.

#155 User is offline Dr. Mecha 

Posted 22 April 2018 - 09:28 PM

• Project:3d Models

View PostJason, on 19 April 2018 - 05:36 AM, said:

Jennifer Hernandez's pencil work isn't bad. She did work on the Archie comic and it looks fine.

Her Fan Characters as background citizens are a nice touch. Though she kinda went overboard on that one specific panel
This post has been edited by Dr. Mecha: 23 April 2018 - 07:01 PM

#156 User is offline Burezu 

Posted 23 April 2018 - 08:42 AM

• Butt.
  • Project:http://bit.ly/2qKLOPW

View PostDr. Mecha, on 22 April 2018 - 09:28 PM, said:

Jennifer Hernandez's pencil work isn't bad. She did work on the Archie comic and it looks fine.

Her Fan Characters as background citizens are a nice touch.

It is! Even more so because the generic townspeople, based on the basic as can be avatar creator, are so putrid to look at. If creators can keep injecting their OCs can breathe some life into this empty feeling world, I'm all for it.

#157 User is offline Dr. Mecha 

Posted 23 April 2018 - 05:30 PM

• Project:3d Models

View PostBurezu, on 23 April 2018 - 08:42 AM, said:

View PostDr. Mecha, on 22 April 2018 - 09:28 PM, said:

Her Fan Characters as background citizens are a nice touch.

It is! Even more so because the generic townspeople, based on the basic as can be avatar creator, are so putrid to look at. If creators can keep injecting their OCs can breathe some life into this empty feeling world, I'm all for it.

They could go ahead and create a contest to have their FC/Avatar show up in the upcoming issue as a background character, but you have to give out cash prizes as well.
This post has been edited by Dr. Mecha: 23 April 2018 - 07:02 PM

#158 User is offline SuperSnoopy 

Posted 25 April 2018 - 01:32 PM

• I prefer Sonic Advance to Sonic 2
  • Project:Learning how to fucking draw
I hope everybody isn't too busy being hyped by Mania Plus to read today's issue.
Tangle is cool. I like her. She's cool.
Also Blaze is back. That's pretty cool too.

edit:eggman is back too, oh no
This post has been edited by SuperSnoopy: 25 April 2018 - 01:39 PM

#159 User is offline BlackHole 

Posted 25 April 2018 - 03:58 PM

• You're going to need MORE than help.
  • Project:Sprites for Cybernetic Outbreak
Blaze always reminds me of why I don't believe Izuka's comments about the two worlds: he's already changed a character from a parallel world to a different time period and back, so I'm expecting much the same with Classic Sonic.

Regardless, I have to wonder if Robotnik is the actual target of all these attacks, and the attacks are attempts at locating him since he appears to have holed up in a random village out of sight...

#160 User is offline Jason 

Posted 25 April 2018 - 04:37 PM

• *Results not lab tested.
Tangle was a lot of fun. She kinda has Sonic's cockiness without so much of the worldliness. It's always good to have more pyrokinetic pussycat princess in Sonic. Neat that she'll be sticking around, at least for a while. Evan does great expressions, and Matt does great colors. Does IDW not credit ink, or do the pencilers do ink, too?

#161 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 25 April 2018 - 04:42 PM

The only thing I'm not 100% on with Evan is the way he (she?) Draws mouths. I can't put my finger on it but I get a lot of DreamWorks face vibes. But overall it's great. Good issue, I like Tangle and it's very interesting that they made Blaze a part of this as early as they did (Archie was very slow at adapting new characters, Shadow, Blaze, Rouge, Omega, Big, and Cream were uses sparingly for the longest time).

It's still strange in a way. The writer's the same and there's a lot of staff overlap but this does feel unique to Archie so far. I'm glad it's found its own identity

#162 User is offline BlackHole 

Posted 25 April 2018 - 05:45 PM

• You're going to need MORE than help.
  • Project:Sprites for Cybernetic Outbreak
Evan is female, just a headsup.

#163 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 25 April 2018 - 05:45 PM

View PostBlackHole, on 25 April 2018 - 05:45 PM, said:

Evan is female, just a headsup.

I thought so, I must have forgot.

#164 User is offline Casshern 

Posted 01 May 2018 - 01:11 PM

Issue 4 sells out and a boxset is coming in June with the first 4 issues and 5 rare variants.

http://www.idwpublis...book-sells-out/

• 11 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users