Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Dust Hill description in an old magazine - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 8 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Dust Hill description in an old magazine with pics and all

#46 User is offline T.Q. 

Posted 03 February 2004 - 05:45 PM

• The Sims 2, Dr. Julian Ivo Robotnik
  • Project:The company is now bankrupt. No more lego game show creations will occur
  • Wiki edits:5
Well that's why I say "generally speaking". If I didn't say that, then there would be a very good reason for this arguement to occur. Also I said that technically speaking, DHZ is in fact MCZ.

#47 User is offline The MOPMASTER of the year 3000 

Posted 03 February 2004 - 05:45 PM

Quick Man, on Feb 3 2004, 04:43 PM, said:

T.Q., on Feb 3 2004, 08:51 PM, said:

After all, calling that picture "the desert level" doesn't sound too enthusiastic.

It's not enthusiasm that matters, but factualism.

It's like suprise changes in governments. People are wanting changes in the future, but without giving up old customs, like calling the desert level dust hill.

#48 User is offline Guess Who 

Posted 03 February 2004 - 05:51 PM

• It's a miracle!
  • Project:lol
  • Wiki edits:2
Ok, really, we need to find some idiot who might have a copy of the cart used to make those shots and force him to hand it over so we can dump it and screw it up :P

#49 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 03 February 2004 - 06:00 PM

• Wiki edits:18

T.Q., on Feb 3 2004, 05:11 PM, said:

Well if you have a problem with me calling the mock-up picture of THAT specific "desert level" Dust Hill Zone, then too bad.

...I don't think anybody cares at all. The only one that should, is yourself.

I know it's not the name of the desert level. There's no name for it. But that's what I will refer the picture to if we talk in a general conversation and not in a technical way of speaking.

Go you... You will confuse people and help to spread wrong information. It makes no sense to say something that you know is wrong, does it?

Also for years, some people STILL think there's a level of DHZ made before our beta

Yes, the prototype of the Mystic Cave. Then, there's a desert zone with an unknown title. If they think that's what Dust Hill is, is about time somebody makes them realize that they're wrong, now that there's enough proof.

[I personality don't care at this moment because of this insult from ICEknight].

Care to explain what insult are you talking about?

There's no name for the winter zone also. But there's no picture of it either, not even a mock-up. The Sparkling Zone has a picture shown with it's name on it and we know the "style" of the zone [as in it's design].

The Dust Hill Zone has a picture shown with its name on it, and we know that it was just an old name for Mystic Cave. It's what started this whole topic.

#50 User is offline The MOPMASTER of the year 3000 

Posted 03 February 2004 - 06:02 PM

Basically, you've made your point and now we want to research the DESERT ZONE. Any objections?

#51 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 03 February 2004 - 06:04 PM

Why would there be any..?
This post has been edited by ICEknight: 03 February 2004 - 06:06 PM

#52 User is offline T.Q. 

Posted 03 February 2004 - 06:15 PM

• Project:The company is now bankrupt. No more lego game show creations will occur
Well if you want me to start using the terms "desert level", then tell everyone around the site to use that term from now on. Tell Simon to use that term too by fixing up his site.

Ex: http://s2beta.com/magpics3.php

Scale the Dust Hill pic so that the HUD has the same size as the one captured in Sonic 1 by an emulator. Superimpose it with a Sonic 1 screenshot, and notice the Dust Hill pic's life icon is misplaced. What does it prove? The screen size of the Dust Hill picture is not correct -- unless Sega moved up the life icon by 12 pixels, which was extremely unlikely. Therefore this picture is believed to be a mock-up.

He refers to the mock-up picture as DHZ and not desert level because it's too much work just to type in. [my theory, or presumption(sp?) as you will]

I'm trying to say that I can use the term DHZ anytime I'd like to signify the mock-up picture of THIS desert level. I'll say this again...DHZ is MCZ as you pointed out in the beginning of the topic and as I believe in.

The picture I'm refering to, as what I'd call DHZ, is the mock-up of the desert level. EXCEPT if we are talking about "Technical Stuff", then DHZ relating to the mock-up picture is WRONG. [remeber...technical.]

Some people think there's a desert level that could have been made before this prototype. I don't care if there was or was not a level that was a desert level called "DHZ". [I don't think there was one with the title DHZ and possibly wasn't placed in the game itself. In other words, maybe the art was finished, but never placed the graphics in the game].

Now the picture with the name in it....this is what I mean:
http://s2beta.com/magpics12.php

This level has the "title card" implemented on the level. Thus, we get an idea of what the level should look like.

Also the insult: "How old are you?"
Now that I've went over the edge. Sorry that I said it was an insult.

P.S. I know I sound repetitive but I'm trying to be specific.

But you know what....let's just stop here. I'll call the mock-up picture "Dust Hill Zone" and you call it "the desert level". After all, I'm just a common folk as the rest of these members in the Sonic 2 beta site. You're a "tech" member. So you should be really precise and not I.
This post has been edited by T.Q.: 03 February 2004 - 06:26 PM

#53 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 03 February 2004 - 06:40 PM

Dude, nobody is forcing you to do anything. If you want to spread things that even you know are wrong, it's your problem, nobody cares. Also, please stop bringing confusion to this topic.
This post has been edited by ICEknight: 03 February 2004 - 06:41 PM

#54 User is offline Ben2k9 

Posted 03 February 2004 - 06:51 PM

• We stand to Fight
  • Project:none at the mo
what about winter hill zone?

#55 User is offline The Wanderer 

Posted 03 February 2004 - 06:55 PM

• Never really posted
  • Project:Flash Animations

Ben2k9, on Feb 3 2004, 06:51 PM, said:

what about winter hill zone?

Was that ever officially a name though? I'm pretty sure that it just came about when people started calling the desert level Dust Hill Zone. Since the winter level was in conjunction with the desert level, and the desert level was thought to be dust hill, they started calling it winter hill.

#56 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 03 February 2004 - 06:58 PM

The winter zone doesn't have any known title, either.

#57 User is offline Ben2k9 

Posted 03 February 2004 - 07:05 PM

• We stand to Fight
so, why did they change the name to MCZ then?

#58 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 03 February 2004 - 07:08 PM

Same reason Neo Green Hill was changed to Aquatic Ruin, or Sky Fortress to Wing Fortress.

#59 User is offline T.Q. 

Posted 03 February 2004 - 07:08 PM

[cut this post]
This post has been edited by T.Q.: 03 February 2004 - 07:09 PM

#60 User is offline Ben2k9 

Posted 03 February 2004 - 07:12 PM

• We stand to Fight

ICEknight, on Feb 4 2004, 12:08 AM, said:

Same reason Neo Green Hill was changed to Aquatic Ruin, or Sky Fortress to Wing Fortress.

good comeback (and true).

• 8 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users