Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sega Festival in Japan will have "surprise announcement" - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 7 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Sega Festival in Japan will have "surprise announcement" Update: Sega teasing "huge" announcement. Megaton incoming?

#16 User is offline 360 

Posted 14 March 2018 - 04:20 PM

• Light Vision Overdrive
  • Project:Sonic Neon
If Virtua Cop 3 somehow gets a home release, however unlikely that may be, seriously my gaming life would be complete. Adored 1 and 2 on the Saturn. Criminal it didn't get a home port. So we have SXSW rapidly approaching for the Sonic focused announcements, and then this event will tell us Sega's arcade plans. Plus E3 which could be major. Exciting time to be a Sonic/Sega fan.

View PostAshura96, on 14 March 2018 - 01:28 AM, said:

At least Virtua Cop 3 can be run on a modded Xbox :ssh:

Good to know. Enlightening even. But I haven't owned an Xbox since something like 2003? Honestly hoping for an official home port at some point. Though given the time that has passed that's unlikely I suppose.
This post has been edited by 360: 14 March 2018 - 04:22 PM

#17 User is offline 360 

Posted 28 March 2018 - 06:35 PM

• Light Vision Overdrive
So there's an update on this. It looks like one of the announcements or perhaps the main announcement itself is a new Shining Force game that Sega is now teasing.

The event is in a fortnight so we'll see what Sega announces at the show. This may nullify the possibility of Virtua Fighter if Shining is what they're planning to announce.

#18 User is offline Aerosol 

Posted 28 March 2018 - 06:43 PM

• FML and FU2
  • Project:Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
Sega could negotiate a new license for OutRun (is anyone really sweating it if an OutRun game has a fast car that's not a Ferrari in it?) and just pull a CoD and make an After Burner in SPAAAAAAAACE thing to continue those franchises. They should.

Or someone should, I dunno, kickstart those games or something.

#19 User is offline 360 

Posted 28 March 2018 - 06:52 PM

• Light Vision Overdrive
I feel you dude. Outrun 3 needs to happen. 2 was just divine. I think with recent titles like House of the Dead: Scarlet Dawn and the new Daytona happening Sega is clearly open to delivering new entries in their arcade legacy. I mean AM2 has to be up to something. Sega promoted them at the last Fes event so they must be working on something - whether it be Virtua Fighter or even Outrun.

Also Yu Suzuki stated after Shenmue 3 he and his studio are interested in and intends to develop spiritual successors to Outrun and Virtua Fighter so there's that too.

EDIT: Ah just thought - remember that Suzuki is the ex-head of AM2 and his studio YSNet are mostly ex-AM2 too so his future games are worth getting excited about.
This post has been edited by 360: 28 March 2018 - 09:19 PM

#20 User is offline Tedster 

Posted 28 March 2018 - 10:11 PM

It'll be a damn shame if the new game is just another Shining Force. Surely it's something of importance? I'm still holding out hope for a Switch version of 3D Classics Collection. Having that on there would be absolutely amazing.
This post has been edited by Tedster: 28 March 2018 - 10:26 PM

#21 User is offline Tedster 

Posted 28 March 2018 - 10:23 PM

View Post360, on 28 March 2018 - 06:52 PM, said:

I feel you dude. Outrun 3 needs to happen. 2 was just divine. I think with recent titles like House of the Dead: Scarlet Dawn and the new Daytona happening Sega is clearly open to delivering new entries in their arcade legacy. I mean AM2 has to be up to something. Sega promoted them at the last Fes event so they must be working on something - whether it be Virtua Fighter or even Outrun.

Sega Amusements CEO Paul Williams confirmed that, while not planned, it was on the radar a little while back. We could potentially be getting it after development is finished on HoTD Scarlet Dawn and Transformers: Shadows Rising ;)
This post has been edited by Tedster: 28 March 2018 - 10:30 PM

#22 User is offline Overlord 

Posted 29 March 2018 - 02:04 PM

• Substitute Meerkovo IT Chief
  • Project:VGDB
  • Wiki edits:3,204
What kind of Outrun wouldn't feature Ferraris :(

Surely the licensing costs aren't THAT awful if it's been done before.

#23 User is offline DigitalDuck 

Posted 30 March 2018 - 06:49 AM

• Arriving four years late.
  • Project:TurBoa, S1RL

View PostOverlord, on 29 March 2018 - 02:04 PM, said:

Posted Image

#24 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 30 March 2018 - 08:15 AM

• Wiki edits:18

View PostDigitalDuck, on 30 March 2018 - 06:49 AM, said:

View PostOverlord, on 29 March 2018 - 02:04 PM, said:

Posted Image

They should just rerelease every OutRun with the SPEEEED BUSTERRR replacing the Ferrari. :v:

#25 User is offline Overlord 

Posted 30 March 2018 - 12:04 PM

• Substitute Meerkovo IT Chief
  • Project:VGDB
  • Wiki edits:3,204
Pffft. That's a bodge and you know it. =P

#26 User is offline muteKi 

Posted 31 March 2018 - 01:34 AM

• Fuck it
  • Wiki edits:91
One of the teams in OutRunners is a lesbian couple whose victory sequence is blowing right past a cop blockade. Explosions are involved.
I can never hate a game that does something like that.

#27 User is offline Hukos 

Posted 05 April 2018 - 09:26 AM

View PostTedster, on 28 March 2018 - 10:11 PM, said:

It'll be a damn shame if the new game is just another Shining Force. Surely it's something of importance? I'm still holding out hope for a Switch version of 3D Classics Collection. Having that on there would be absolutely amazing.

Shining Force III was about 20 years ago. I dunno about you, but I'd kill for a potential Shining Force IV - especially over another collection for the 50th time. Knowing Sega, it's probably not this at all, and it'll just be some clone of a Tales Of game or something.

#28 User is offline Sir_mihael 

Posted 08 April 2018 - 12:00 PM

• DON'T TRUST THIS MAN
http://segafes.sega.jp/stage/

Looks like there's a timetable up. An event called Sonic DJ Live I'll most definitely be going to.

4/14(土) 17:00-18:00 B1Fステージ
SONIC DJ LIVE

シリーズサウンドディレクターの大谷智哉による、ソニック楽曲オンリーのDJライブを開催!前半はDJプレイを中心に、後半はゲストボーカルとしてジョン・アンダーダウンが参加して会場を盛り上げます!

DJ:
大谷智哉(ソニックシリーズ サウンドディレクター)

ゲストボーカル:

ジョン・アンダーダウン

(Google Translate says: )

4/14 (Sat) 17: 00-18: 00 B1 F stage
SONIC DJ LIVE

Tomoya Otani of the series sound director held a DJ live of only Sonic music! In the first half, John · Underdown participates as a guest vocal centering on DJ play, the second half will make the venue excitement!

DJ:
Tomoya Otani (Sonic Series Sound Director)

Guest vocals:
John Under-Down

MIGHT BE COOL if just to see Ohtani in the flesh for once. Not sure if it will be streamed, nor do I know how the place will be for capturing any film there, but I'll most certainly take a photo or two and try and get as much as I can captured!

EDIT: Doing some further reading - Whilst the event itself is free and open to all, it looks like the Sonic DJ event is ticket only, and are distributed out at 7:00AM on the day. I'll no doubt make an attempt to queue early to try and get a ticket but since I'm not playing on home turf, it could get tricky. From my experience, the Akiba locals are pros at queueing up for limited items!
This post has been edited by Sir_mihael: 08 April 2018 - 12:11 PM

#29 User is offline TimmiT 

Posted 13 April 2018 - 09:34 AM

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Wiki edits:8
Sega America and Sega Europe are now hyping up the surprise announcement on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/...793532299927553
https://twitter.com/...793771870126081

So guess it might actually be something big then.

The events will be live streamed, schedule here: https://gematsu.com/...stream-schedule
This post has been edited by TimmiT: 13 April 2018 - 09:58 AM

#30 User is offline grap3fruitman 

Posted 13 April 2018 - 11:33 AM

• Wiki edits:5
VF isn't big so there goes that. ;P

• 7 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users