Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic 3 Complete - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 115 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Sonic 3 Complete S&K Collection on MD, with fixes, Sonic 3 music and many options.

#1711 User is offline Shalpp 

Posted 05 April 2017 - 10:45 PM

• WHAT A HIT -- HE'LL REMEMBER THAT NUMBER
  • Project:some sonic cd video for a channel that's not gonna kick off lmfao

View PostSid Starkiller, on 01 December 2016 - 03:00 PM, said:

2 - I cannot for the life of me remember where I heard this: SOME Sonic fansite states (or used to) that in Hidden Palace, standing on an empty Emerald shrine will take you to the corresponding Sonic 3 special stage, and upon winning gives a grayed-out Super Emerald instead of that Chaos Emerald. I've tested, and it doesn't, but should it?

I've actually done this before, but I think it only works if you jump on a Super Emerald before Eggman is fully loaded into the scene (before you lose control of the player) so the trick would be to haul ass to one of the leftmost emeralds and jump on.
I'll try to recreate the situation and post footage for it.

#1712 User is offline muteKi 

Posted 05 April 2017 - 11:38 PM

• Fuck it
  • Wiki edits:91
Like this? https://youtu.be/CyqcmNxn2OA?t=475

#1713 User is offline Neo 

Posted 06 April 2017 - 04:16 AM

• Clackerjack
  • Project:Sonic 3 Unlocked
  • Wiki edits:1

View PostmuteKi, on 05 April 2017 - 11:38 PM, said:

You don't even need to do that malarkey during the Knuckles fight.

Tails is so massively broken.

#1714 User is offline Brainulator 

Posted 11 April 2017 - 03:15 PM

• Regular garden-variety user
  • Project:ideas I shouldn't let out
Okay, I think I know what's up with the Sonic 1/CD skidding animation in the original releases, the mobile remakes, and the S3C sprite set.

• In the original versions of these games, the dust clouds do not appear and Sonic is the only character.
  • In the mobile ports, all characters (Sonic, Tails, Knuckles) having looping skidding animations and dust clouds only generate when the player is on the ground, including when the character goes from ground to air to ground. When in midair, dust clouds do not generate.
  • In the S3C sprite patch, only Sonic has a looping skidding animation and dust clouds generate regardless if he is on air or ground.

This should give you insight on how the skidding animations should work.

Another thing I want to ask: when Sonic snowboards in Icecap Zone using non-S3 sprites, how come his facial expression gives off a sense of concern instead of one closer to the S3 sprites and what exists in Wacky Workbench?

#1715 User is online LordOfSquad 

Posted 11 April 2017 - 03:43 PM

• let's don't forget about it
  • Project:Comic drawing, game designing, working, dying.
Between Sonic 2 and 3, Sonic took private snowboarding lessons and conquered his crippling fear of snowy mountains. So if you use pre-Sonic 3 sprites it accurately shows the concern he would have expressed if he had been subjected to such conditions during the first three games.

#1716 User is offline GoldS 

Posted 03 May 2017 - 08:08 AM

• Wiki edits:35

View PostNeo, on 06 April 2017 - 04:16 AM, said:

You don't even need to do that malarkey during the Knuckles fight.

Tails is so massively broken.

...I don't know why I didn't think to do that. Could you call me 8 years ago on the time phone so I can re-edit the video
This post has been edited by GoldS: 03 May 2017 - 08:08 AM

#1717 User is offline Brainulator 

Posted 03 May 2017 - 01:50 PM

View PostLordOfSquad, on 11 April 2017 - 03:43 PM, said:

Between Sonic 2 and 3, Sonic took private snowboarding lessons and conquered his crippling fear of snowy mountains. So if you use pre-Sonic 3 sprites it accurately shows the concern he would have expressed if he had been subjected to such conditions during the first three games.
I was thinking that too, but whatever.

View PostGoldS, on 03 May 2017 - 08:08 AM, said:

...I don't know why I didn't think to do that. Could you call me 8 years ago on the time phone so I can re-edit the video
Do you want to post Neo's video in the description of your video, out of curiosity?

#1718 User is offline Neo 

Posted 03 May 2017 - 02:48 PM

• Clackerjack
  • Project:Sonic 3 Unlocked

I already did, you just haven't answered yet.

Also good heavens, I never expected you to actually see that video. Apologies if the title is overly harsh, I was really just projecting for never having thought to do that myself. Hands down my favorite glitch in the entire game, and I wouldn't ever have learned about it without watching your glitch series.

#1719 User is offline GoldS 

Posted 03 May 2017 - 03:35 PM

• Wiki edits:35

View PostBrainulator, on 03 May 2017 - 01:50 PM, said:

Do you want to post Neo's video in the description of your video, out of curiosity?

Done.

View PostNeo, on 03 May 2017 - 02:48 PM, said:

I already did, you just haven't answered yet.Also good heavens, I never expected you to actually see that video. Apologies if the title is overly harsh, I was really just projecting for never having thought to do that myself. Hands down my favorite glitch in the entire game, and I wouldn't ever have learned about it without watching your glitch series.

It's all good. And to get on topic, this hack is fantastic.

#1720 User is offline BSonirachi 

Posted 03 May 2017 - 04:42 PM

• Opa-Opa takes flight!
  • Wiki edits:17

Maybe you could redo the video series in HD and 60fps with that and other glitches not in the videos?

#1721 User is offline Brainulator 

Posted 05 May 2017 - 05:26 PM

If anything, I could also point to Launch Base water jets failing to respawn when you move so they're offscreen and the thing I found where a certain Lava Reef checkpoint locks a nearby door without any means to open it when returning from a Bonus Stage

#1722 User is offline DigitalDuck 

Posted 05 May 2017 - 06:03 PM

• Arriving four years late.
  • Project:TurBoa, S1RL
Or graphics corruption in Sandopolis Zone, or getting stuck in an endless death loop in the Lava Reef Zone boss because of the Hidden Palace Zone teleporting bug, or completely screwing up the background of HCZ2, or outright locking the game up in the Death Egg Zone boss etc.

• 115 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users