Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Fan Games (The older ones) - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 14 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Sonic Fan Games (The older ones) First post now has tons of stuff for download at bottom

#196 User is offline EterTC 

Posted 16 September 2017 - 10:01 PM

Okay, so I have a few things to say.

First, I was searching online about Sonic Ze and I found out that there was an attempt at reviving it. There was a remake called Sonic Ze DX in the works, around 2007/2008. Here's a video of the demo, and a thread about it. The links are broken, but don't worry, here comes the good part.

I was messing around in Web Archive to see if I could save the links, and fortunately I managed to do it. They're two very brief demos with unfinished stages, slippery controls and no sound, but I think they're still worth putting in the archive. Also included is the source code in case anyone here can do something with it. I was thinking about uploading the demos by themselves, but I realized that there were a couple more fan games on my computer that I didn't upload before, so I might as well upload a "Part 2". Although there's not nearly as much to upload this time, they're still a few more Sonic fan games that we could save.

Another thing I'd like to mention is that I was so obsessed with Sonic Quest that a few years back I actually ripped the soundtrack (and with "ripped" I mean that I went to the sound test and recorded the songs with Audacity in .wav format). I can upload that in case anyone cares. It mostly uses MIDIs of the music from the Saturn version of Sonic 3D Blast, though admittedly the boss theme, which is a remix of the S&K miniboss music, is a favorite of mine.

And lastly, caiman.us used to be a good site to download fan games, but something happened and I can't download anything from it anymore. Does anyone else have the same problem?

PS: Sorry for the double post. I figured that waiting until someone else posted wasn't a very good idea since who knows how long that would've taken.

View PostTJ-Michael, on 24 August 2017 - 06:10 PM, said:

I remember that one! Funny thing is: It's the first Sonic game I ever played!

For years it used to be available on Mark Overmars' Game Maker website before the YoYo sale (it was made with Game Maker 4.2). You can still find it with the Wayback Machine.

I recognize some of the games in that site. Super Mario: Kamek's Revenge, Plasma Twins Strike Again and Megabot are included in some of the CDs I own.

#197 User is offline tylerfoxorwhatever 

Posted 17 September 2017 - 10:35 AM

• I don't even know where I'm standing.
  • Project:Sonic Miraculous Adventure

View PostEterTC, on 16 September 2017 - 10:01 PM, said:

And lastly, caiman.us used to be a good site to download fan games, but something happened and I can't download anything from it anymore. Does anyone else have the same problem?

Yeah, I also have the same problem.

I did find another website that has most of the Sonic games that are on caiman.us: http://www.pc-downlo...sonic-games.asp

#198 User is offline EterTC 

Posted 17 September 2017 - 02:13 PM

View Posttylerfoxorwhatever, on 17 September 2017 - 10:35 AM, said:

Yeah, I also have the same problem.

I did find another website that has most of the Sonic games that are on caiman.us: http://www.pc-downlo...sonic-games.asp

Good find. I'll make sure to download those and include them in Part 2 as well, in case that site also stops working.

#199 User is offline 360 

Posted 17 September 2017 - 04:25 PM

• Daft Punk Overdrive
  • Project:Sonic Neon

Woah, talk about a blast from the past. So many fond memories of these games. TGF Team's stuff, Sonic Ki, Sonic Time Attacked. A gold mine. So the download links don't work anymore?

Thanks for posting this however. It was nice to reminisce about the old school SFGHQ days again if only for a moment.

#200 User is offline EterTC 

Posted 25 September 2017 - 02:59 PM

Here's Part 2. This is what it contains:

Spoiler

A few notes:
- This includes the fan games from this site as well as a couple I had on my computer.
- I skipped Sonic Chaos Revolution, Neo Sonic Universe, Sonic Universe 2 and Mario and Sonic Flash as they were in my previous upload.
- Sonichaos is not included because my antivirus hates it, I couldn't do anything about it.
- Project Mettrix is included, though I'm not sure if it's the same version I uploaded before or not.
- Ultimate Flash Sonic is a SWF file. I have no idea how to open it, but if someone else does, it's there.
- Sonic Ze DX includes two demos and their respective source files.
- Sonic XG has three demos, not sure if they were uploaded before but I didn't see them in the wiki so they're there just in case.
- There may be some repeats from previous uploads.
- Sonic The Hedgehog 2D may seem redundant as it's fairly recent and well known, but you never know what could happen.
- Sonic Adventure 3 is also a recent fan game (it was made after Sonic Generations) but since it could get lost in the sea of fan games with the same title, I included it.

Like the games I uploaded before, feel free to add them to the archives.

#201 User is offline caffeinedreamer 

Posted 20 November 2017 - 05:24 PM

• Project:SEGA Forever
Out of interest if anyone has a working build of Little Chaos, I'm sure the original dev would like to see it as neither of us has had a working copy in what must be well over a decade now.

• 14 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users