Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Exodus 2.1 release - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 2 Pages +
    Locked Forum

Exodus 2.1 release Also, I'm still alive!

#16 User is offline biggestsonicfan 

Posted 05 September 2018 - 11:22 AM

• Model2wannaB
  • Project:Formerly Sonic the Fighters

View PostICEknight, on 05 September 2018 - 07:19 AM, said:

Even though I don't think it's decaying in the least since more and more machines keep getting added every month (some of them incredibly rare or not even thought to be emulatable until recently), it has to be said that it's an open project which only decays when people stop contributing, so... please contribute? ;P

I suppose this thread is as good as any to discuss this a bit:

My problem with MAME is just how dated it appears at its core. Spaghetti code segments from attempts to emulate parts of the Model 2 hardware are difficult for me to follow, and that side of the contributing scene has been cold and off-putting throughout the decade I've attempted to contact them. However, the passing of time has seemed to retire two main contributors, and I don't really feel like having to reverse engineer the minds of the coders to understand how they were going about emulating the game when the games involved would benefit from a more modern API being written entirely from scratch. That being said, it does need support, but I don't think I'm the guy to add it for how I envision Model 2 emulation, but that's a story for another thread.

#17 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:37 PM

• Wiki edits:18
Oh, fair enough.

EDIT: Nemesis, please check the PM @ Mame World.
This post has been edited by ICEknight: 06 September 2018 - 09:11 AM

• 2 Pages +
    Locked Forum

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users