Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Night Trap 25th Anniversary - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 2 Pages +
    Locked Forum

Night Trap 25th Anniversary Also with a physical release!

#16 User is offline Overlord 

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:55 PM

• Substitute Meerkovo IT Chief
  • Project:VGDB
  • Wiki edits:3,204

Game is out on the 15th of August, and available to get on Limited Run on the 11th. Interesting features that I didn't know about prior to this and related videos: an endurance mode with random Auger appearances, deleted scenes re-inserted into the game, a cinema mode AND an inclusion of Scene Of The Crime, the original 1986 prototype demo by the same company that made Night Trap!

#17 User is offline Overlord 

Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:37 PM

Jesus christ run 1 went fast. I was on the site at 3pm exactly and got kicked out of the checkout :(/> Had to settle for the PC version instead, which has $22 of fucking international shipping due to the size.

Going to try again for the PS4 CE on run 2, but I'm not hopeful.

EDIT: I did indeed get one on the second try - 50 seconds it took from go-live to order, and they were all gone seconds later.
This post has been edited by Overlord: 12 August 2017 - 02:00 PM

#18 User is offline Overlord 

Posted 20 April 2018 - 02:58 PM

BUMP

25 years after Nintendo said it'd never be on one of their systems.... it's getting a Switch port. Limited Run will also be doing a physical release. July, they reckon.

#19 User is offline Raivop 

Posted 20 April 2018 - 07:35 PM

• Ze Lurker
Nice. Also, this reminded me that the PS4 version still isn't released in EU PSN Store. I guess they forgot about it.
This post has been edited by Raivop: 20 April 2018 - 07:36 PM

#20 User is offline OcelotBot 

Posted 22 April 2018 - 03:03 PM

• Scooty-Puff Jr sucks!
So a few weeks ago I spotted the Limited Run packaged edition on Amazon.co.uk. There was only one copy left (for PS4) and I decided to purchase it. I've never played the Mega CD version and I was keen to see what all the fuss was about, why this game caused such a stir back in the 90's. The reversible box-art SEGA CD styled cover which comes with the packaged version is pretty cool.

Despite how bizarre this game is, it's actually really fun. The story is entertaining. Some of the acting is good and some is rubbish, but that's all part of the fun. It's quite clever how you can switch between each room and see a different part of the story playing out.

After countless attempts I finally managed to achieve a perfect run and capture all 100 Augers. This is so hard to achieve. Part of the problem is that a few of traps don't seem to activate reliably (mainly in the living room) and some of the Augers that you have to capture in different rooms are so close - a few seconds between each capture - that you literately have to change screens super quick with no margin for error. It's still a really good challenge.

I recorded my perfect run:

View PostRaivop, on 20 April 2018 - 07:35 PM, said:

Nice. Also, this reminded me that the PS4 version still isn't released in EU PSN Store. I guess they forgot about it.

The delay is something to do with having to add additional languages which has hampered any chance of a European release for PS4 at the moment.
This post has been edited by OcelotBot: 23 April 2018 - 07:21 AM

#21 User is offline Overlord 

Posted 23 April 2018 - 01:49 PM

Why do you keep switching the colour code every time an Auger shows up? The codes are static until they explictly say it's been changed, at least on the MCD version.

#22 User is offline OcelotBot 

Posted 23 April 2018 - 02:30 PM

• Scooty-Puff Jr sucks!

View PostOverlord, on 23 April 2018 - 01:49 PM, said:

Why do you keep switching the colour code every time an Auger shows up? The codes are static until they explictly say it's been changed, at least on the MCD version.

In terms of the color codes the 25th anniversary is the same as the Mega CD version, yes. However, trying to figure out what the exact color code is and when it changes is honestly more trouble than it's worth. At least you can get away with pressing the color code & trap button repeatedly, although some traps (like I said in my previous post) are not always reliable.

I will try to figure out the color code changes and beat the game the correct way.

Edit: just looked up a guide to see when the color changes occur. Actually, yeah it's not that hard to do once you know where and when the conversations about changing the code color take place. Note that the first color you start with is always blue. The color code changes after that are random-different for every playthrough.

Edit 2: ...and done:

This post has been edited by OcelotBot: 23 April 2018 - 05:22 PM

• 2 Pages +
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users