Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: I picked up the Sega Genesis Classic Game Console with the 80 built in - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 7 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

I picked up the Sega Genesis Classic Game Console with the 80 built in I wanted to give you all a warning.

#91 User is offline RGamer2009 

Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:27 AM

• True Blue
  • Wiki edits:3,086

View PostEsrael, on 05 January 2018 - 07:36 AM, said:

I think the Firecore is not exactly an emulator, but an incorrect implementation of Genesis/Mega Drive processors on a single chip with extra features including VDP 6 bit color mode which uses 96K of VRAM, because this system run all code in native 68K, including menu.

Recently, I have released an experimental version with save by reset for some games like Sonic 2 Delta v0.26, Sonic 3, Sonic 3 & Knuckles and some games.
This works by the following way:
-After playing a compatible game press menu (reset on some models) button quickly (avoid holding menu button for a long time, this can corrupt SRAM), reload "Neto Boot Loader" and wait for the SRAM content to be saved on SD and you can turn off or continue playing.

Neto Boot Loader page -> http://www.neto-game...boot_loader.php
Sonic 2 Delta v0.26 -> http://www.neto-game..._Delta_v026.rar

Best regards
------------------
Neto

The save feature you added works fantastically! I saved Sonic 3 just fine!

Is the save feature done on a game by game basis, or is it done in groups with adding certain features to the Boot Loader?

I hope to see more compatibility with Sonic hacks that can save, or even Homebrew like Cave Story that uses SRAM to save progress.

I cannot appreciate enough all the work you have done to fix the Firecore handhelds and make them play Genesis games competently with good sound and saving! Thank You!!
This post has been edited by RGamer2009: 13 January 2018 - 12:29 AM

#92 User is offline Lanzer 

Posted 05 April 2018 - 01:07 PM

• The saber calls for its master...
  • Project:Doing Stuff.
  • Wiki edits:1
So this is pretty much the Atgames general right? seeing as we detered from the Genesis classic a few times.

I got this thing at a thrift store. emulation runs fine but the sound is a garbled up mess.

I remember reading in this thread about a fan made firmware update that could fix the sound issue, did that go anywhere?

#93 User is offline Overlord 

Posted 05 April 2018 - 01:59 PM

• Substitute Meerkovo IT Chief
  • Project:VGDB
  • Wiki edits:3,204
You're looking for this: http://forums.sonicr...showtopic=37768

#94 User is offline 360 

Posted 08 April 2018 - 12:04 AM

• Light Vision Overdrive
  • Project:Sonic Neon
Our prayers may have been answered.

• 7 Pages +