Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Team Sonic Racing (Sumo Digital/Winter 2018) - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 23 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Team Sonic Racing (Sumo Digital/Winter 2018) Potentially delayed to 2019. Awaiting confirmation.

#331 User is offline 360 

Posted 11 October 2018 - 06:48 PM

• Light Vision Overdrive
  • Project:Sonic Neon

View PostPrototype, on 11 October 2018 - 02:43 PM, said:

Is it possible that although they'd already contracted the developers to create this game, after the goodwill of Mania and the underperformance of Forces, they're just trying to get this game out there without damaging said goodwill too much? Thus, a lack of proper marketing? Or is this just business as usual for SEGA, who have no idea what to do with their flagship brand?

Could be but I'd hazard a guess it's just Sega being Sega. Mania was a blip on the radar in that it had good marketing whilst most other Sonic releases have been mishandled stupendously in recent years. Honestly I think the last time their marketing was on-point outside of Mania which was probably driven by passion was Generations? I mean they had the audacity to heavily infer Team Sonic Racing was connected to Sonic R in the most vacuous promise they've made in recent memory instigating false hope amongst the fans just to ignite interest a little more.

So I'm putting this down to "Sega gonna Sega". That and this game is having development troubles which could be hindering them also.
This post has been edited by 360: 11 October 2018 - 06:50 PM

#332 User is offline Modern 

Posted 12 October 2018 - 10:07 AM

• what tu hecc is modern!
Not sure if this has been shared yet but Crunchii has uploaded an extended version of Market Street's music:

• 23 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users