The real issue here is this. We *all* know that LOst is arrogant. We *know* that he obfuscated the code, we *know* that virus scanners flag it up, we *know* that he implemented a DRM system to prevent hacking and we *know* that he would have locked his code down even more if he could.
Do you trust him?
I don't, and seeing as I can't see the source code, there's not a chance in hell I'd run this outside of Wine, and even then it's more risk than I care to take. Unfortunately, this, on top of the existing issues I have with the non-community, non-open development model of S2HD have killed it for me. The best thing that the S2HD members could do now is:
* Rename the project (cut all ties with S2HD, that name is now toxic)
* Open a new forum
* Host all of the existing artwork/music/tools publically (so people can improve and re-use)
* Advertise for programmers to develop an accurate, cross-platform, well-coded engine
* Make the whole thing a proper, open community project, with a bug tracker and code on GitHub or Retro's Mercurial server
* Make someone a gatekeeper, or have a panel of 3 people or something who vote on what makes the grade and what doesn't and give them the power to merge branches. Proper open source style.
Basically, IMO, a fresh start is the only thing that'll save this now.
 Like every other programmer on here, I'm working on this, but it will likely never be finished.