Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Any interest in an E3 Build of Sonic Generations? - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Jump to content

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
    Locked
    Locked Forum

Any interest in an E3 Build of Sonic Generations?

#1 User is offline N!NJA 

Posted 21 November 2017 - 02:04 PM

  • Posts: 80
  • Joined: 28-July 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Under your bed.
  • Project:Collecting all Cartridge based Sonic games and their regional variations!
Today I got a message about a PlayStation 3 dev kit which has an E3 build of Sonic Generations on. I was wondering if this would be of interest to the Sonic Retro community?

The build is dated June 23rd 2011 and just like the demo builds it has a timelimit which I'm sure can be bypassed by changing the system date.

Posted Image

I sadly don't have a price yet but I'm just seeing if there is interest. The dev kit would come with the build and I reckon it would be around maybe £400 but it might be less this is just a rough guess. The only news I have on that is it's being held for me until the community decides if it's worth grabbing. I'll try and get more pictures from the seller over the coming days and update this where I can.

The only issue with this build is it doesn't meet the 7 year rule at this community, So I would release it on another community to prevent issues for SonicRetro.

Regarding that PSP build, Sadly nothing ever came of that :(/> The disc was sent to a data recovery company who declared it a total loss. I'm hoping maybe one day another disc is found of that.

EDIT: Pictures of data.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
This post has been edited by N!NJA: 21 November 2017 - 02:45 PM

#2 User is offline urlogic 

Posted 21 November 2017 - 02:35 PM

  • Posts: 72
  • Joined: 06-January 16
  • Gender:Male

View PostN!NJA, on 21 November 2017 - 02:04 PM, said:

Today I got a message about a PlayStation 3 dev kit which has an E3 build of Sonic Generations on. I was wondering if this would be of interest to the Sonic Retro community?

The build is dated June 23rd 2011 and just like the demo builds it has a timelimit which I'm sure can be bypassed by changing the system date.

I sadly don't have a price yet but I'm just seeing if there is interest. The dev kit would come with the build and I reckon it would be around maybe £400 but it might be less this is just a rough guess. The only news I have on that is it's being held for me until the community decides if it's worth grabbing. I'll try and get more pictures from the seller over the coming days and update this where I can.

The only issue with this build is it doesn't meet the 7 year rule at this community, So I would release it on another community to prevent issues for SonicRetro.

Regarding that PSP build, Sadly nothing ever came of that :(/> The disc was sent to a data recovery company who declared it a total loss. I'm hoping maybe one day another disc is found of that.

I have a strong feeling this is just the 20 day demo with City Escape added to it. If I had the money I wouldn't be willing to put it towards this. Maybe some other members will feel differently about it.

#3 User is offline N!NJA 

Posted 21 November 2017 - 02:37 PM

  • Posts: 80
  • Joined: 28-July 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Under your bed.
  • Project:Collecting all Cartridge based Sonic games and their regional variations!

View Posturlogic, on 21 November 2017 - 02:35 PM, said:

View PostN!NJA, on 21 November 2017 - 02:04 PM, said:

Today I got a message about a PlayStation 3 dev kit which has an E3 build of Sonic Generations on. I was wondering if this would be of interest to the Sonic Retro community?

The build is dated June 23rd 2011 and just like the demo builds it has a timelimit which I'm sure can be bypassed by changing the system date.

I sadly don't have a price yet but I'm just seeing if there is interest. The dev kit would come with the build and I reckon it would be around maybe £400 but it might be less this is just a rough guess. The only news I have on that is it's being held for me until the community decides if it's worth grabbing. I'll try and get more pictures from the seller over the coming days and update this where I can.

The only issue with this build is it doesn't meet the 7 year rule at this community, So I would release it on another community to prevent issues for SonicRetro.

Regarding that PSP build, Sadly nothing ever came of that :(/>/>/> The disc was sent to a data recovery company who declared it a total loss. I'm hoping maybe one day another disc is found of that.

I have a strong feeling this is just the 20 day demo with City Escape added to it. If I had the money I wouldn't be willing to put it towards this. Maybe some other members will feel differently about it.



I think you might be right but I'm not 100% just yet. I'm waiting to find out the data size. From my research it seem's City Escape was indeed playable so this could just be that demo with it added but we may not know.

EDIT: Data pictures added to original post.
This post has been edited by N!NJA: 21 November 2017 - 02:45 PM

#4 User is offline Hamzawesome 

Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:06 PM

  • Posts: 18
  • Joined: 11-May 13
  • Gender:Male

View PostN!NJA, on 21 November 2017 - 02:04 PM, said:

Regarding that PSP build, Sadly nothing ever came of that :(/>/> The disc was sent to a data recovery company who declared it a total loss. I'm hoping maybe one day another disc is found of that.


A PSP version of Sonic Generations?

#5 User is offline N!NJA 

Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:17 PM

  • Posts: 80
  • Joined: 28-July 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Under your bed.
  • Project:Collecting all Cartridge based Sonic games and their regional variations!

View PostHamzawesome, on 21 November 2017 - 04:06 PM, said:

View PostN!NJA, on 21 November 2017 - 02:04 PM, said:

Regarding that PSP build, Sadly nothing ever came of that :(/>/>/> The disc was sent to a data recovery company who declared it a total loss. I'm hoping maybe one day another disc is found of that.


A PSP version of Sonic Generations?



This was posted awhile back, http://forums.sonicr...showtopic=36780 I just never had time to update as I don't normally focus on Sonic stuff these days.

#6 User is offline SoNick 

Posted 22 November 2017 - 04:54 AM

  • Imageshack took down my old avatar after nearly a decade
  • Posts: 1165
  • Joined: 14-December 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The middle of nowhere, Kansas
  • Project:catching 'em all
  • Wiki edits:1,168
It's crazy to see such a dismissive attitude in this community! We do not know the changes until we have the game dumped to do comparisons, and even if it does end up being the same then at least we've confirmed it for the wiki instead of not knowing. I'd be willing to pitch in a minimum of 20 USD (about £15 if Google's correct) to assist with the costs.

#7 User is offline JaxTH 

Posted 22 November 2017 - 07:00 AM

  • Pudding Deity
  • Posts: 7994
  • Joined: 29-March 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Los Angeles
  • Project:Jack shit.
  • Wiki edits:2

View PostN!NJA, on 21 November 2017 - 02:04 PM, said:

The only issue with this build is it doesn't meet the 7 year rule at this community, So I would release it on another community to prevent issues for SonicRetro.

The game is already 6 years old so it's not like we'd be waiting a long time anyway.

#8 User is offline N!NJA 

Posted 23 November 2017 - 12:37 AM

  • Posts: 80
  • Joined: 28-July 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Under your bed.
  • Project:Collecting all Cartridge based Sonic games and their regional variations!

View PostSoNick, on 22 November 2017 - 04:54 AM, said:

It's crazy to see such a dismissive attitude in this community! We do not know the changes until we have the game dumped to do comparisons, and even if it does end up being the same then at least we've confirmed it for the wiki instead of not knowing. I'd be willing to pitch in a minimum of 20 USD (about £15 if Google's correct) to assist with the costs.


Thank you!

View PostJaxTH, on 22 November 2017 - 07:00 AM, said:

View PostN!NJA, on 21 November 2017 - 02:04 PM, said:

The only issue with this build is it doesn't meet the 7 year rule at this community, So I would release it on another community to prevent issues for SonicRetro.

The game is already 6 years old so it's not like we'd be waiting a long time anyway.



This was my debate too, do I release on my site or just wait until safe to do so here.

So a small update, seeing as this seem's to just be an edited 20 day demo I might possibly get the build free if the dev kit's bought. The seller is going to image the HDD then he'll rebug the kit to enable direct file downloads. for some reason Target Manager (PS3 developer tool to access the kits.) doesn't want to work. By imaging the HDD we'll have an exact byte for byte dump, by rebug'ing/making it use custom firmware after the image is done we can grab the EID root key meaning the HDD image can also be decrypted for further research.

The seller would then upload the untouched HDD image/EID root key/decrypted image to my server and the kit would be shipped to me. I did have a look at the 20 day demo yesterday and it does indeed look as if it's just that demo minus a few files not being in this E3 build. #Application.ar.00 > ApplicationSetting.lua has the following text which seems to confirm this theory.

Quote

function applicationSetting()
AppSetting_Integer("SignIn", 1); -- 起動時にサインインするか
AppSetting_Integer("SaveLoad", 0); -- セーブロードするか
AppSetting_Integer("DeleteSaveData", 0); -- 起動時にセーブデータを削除するか
AppSetting_Integer("DebugSequence", 0);
AppSetting_String("Language", "English"); -- "English","Japanese","French","Italian","German","Spanish"
AppSetting_String("DemoKind", "Demo"); -- Production/Demo
AppSetting_String("DemoDistribution", "Trial_Ver1"); -- PressTour/E3_Front/E3_Backyard/GamesCom/TGS/Trial_Ver1/Trial_Ver2
end

--
-- 簡易的にチェックする場合は image/win32/work/Application/ApplicationSetting.lua を作成して記述
-- 注!! Release版はworkから読み込まれません。resource/common/Applicationをアーカイブする必要があります
--
-- DemoKind 製品版:Production デモ版:Demo デモの種類は DemoDistributionで設定
-- DemoDistribution DemoKindがDemoの時だけ意味あります。
-- PressTour ///< プレスツアー (4/12)
-- E3_Front ///< Electronic Entertainment Expo (7/7-9) 表
-- E3_Backyard ///< Electronic Entertainment Expo (7/7-9) 裏
-- GamesCom ///< GamesCom (8/17-21)
-- TGS ///< TokyoGameShow (9/15-18)
-- Trial_Ver1 ///< 体験版(その1) 4/15作成版
-- Trial_Ver2 ///< 体験版(その2) 本番リリースの前(9月か10月)
--


To make it say E3 in the menu on the PS3 that's simply a changed .SFO file. But here's hoping it does have more then a few changed lines of code.

#9 User is offline Twilightzoney 

Posted 23 November 2017 - 01:17 PM

  • Posts: 351
  • Joined: 19-February 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Elgin, IL And Hampshire
  • Project:Unleashed and Generations Stuff and Custom Works
I mean if you can find out what other files are in the cpk if it has CTE200.ar.00 or CTE100.ar.00. It might be worth looking into. But if theres just GHZ it seems like it might just the old June Demo
This post has been edited by Twilightzoney: 23 November 2017 - 01:19 PM

#10 User is offline JaxTH 

Posted 23 November 2017 - 01:27 PM

  • Pudding Deity
  • Posts: 7994
  • Joined: 29-March 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Los Angeles
  • Project:Jack shit.
  • Wiki edits:2

View PostTwilightzoney, on 23 November 2017 - 01:17 PM, said:

I mean if you can find out what other files are in the cpk if it has CTE200.ar.00 or CTE100.ar.00. It might be worth looking into. But if theres just GHZ it seems like it might just the old June Demo

It apparently has City Escape in it. I don't remember if the second demo had that in there though.

#11 User is offline N!NJA 

Posted 27 November 2017 - 03:45 AM

  • Posts: 80
  • Joined: 28-July 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Under your bed.
  • Project:Collecting all Cartridge based Sonic games and their regional variations!

View PostJaxTH, on 23 November 2017 - 01:27 PM, said:

View PostTwilightzoney, on 23 November 2017 - 01:17 PM, said:

I mean if you can find out what other files are in the cpk if it has CTE200.ar.00 or CTE100.ar.00. It might be worth looking into. But if theres just GHZ it seems like it might just the old June Demo

It apparently has City Escape in it. I don't remember if the second demo had that in there though.



This seem's to be just a different build of the 20 day demo. I'm not 100% though still as the seller hasn't had time to image the HDD which is 160GB. (It also possibly has deleted builds on still.)

The same seller has found a second dev kit which has save games for All Stars Racing from 2011, it looks like a DLC build if anything. Nothing is on this kit least viewable without data recovery. This one will take longer to work on as it's a TOOL which as 2x 400GB HDD's inside. One being for game data and the PS3 firmware/os the second being a Blu Ray emulator drive which can hold up to 4 EMU images. It's also possible the builds were run remotely meaning there could be nothing on this Sonic wise. It has some Alien stuff and Sega Rally on it. I'll update once I have new info. The same seller still has more kits to work through but he's almost finished with all the TOOL's meaning only TEST's/Slim kits are left.

#12 User is offline JaxTH 

Posted 27 November 2017 - 05:05 AM

  • Pudding Deity
  • Posts: 7994
  • Joined: 29-March 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Los Angeles
  • Project:Jack shit.
  • Wiki edits:2
As long as it's Sega related it has my attention, though I would be most interested in All-Stars Racing stuff.

#13 User is offline N!NJA 

Posted 28 November 2017 - 07:34 AM

  • Posts: 80
  • Joined: 28-July 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Under your bed.
  • Project:Collecting all Cartridge based Sonic games and their regional variations!

View PostJaxTH, on 27 November 2017 - 05:05 AM, said:

As long as it's Sega related it has my attention, though I would be most interested in All-Stars Racing stuff.


SEGA stuff is weirdly not very common to be found on PS3 kits, even rarer they have stickers. The sellers holding that TOOL for me and the Generations Slim TEST kit.

I spoke to another contact today who has some faulty kits from SEGA, he's going to keep an eye out for anything Sonic and hold it for me if anythings found.


Offtopic:
I do have a Golden AXE PS3 build on disc, but I'm not able to get it released at this time. I'm trying to get some footage sorted out incase anybody's interested? I know this is debug enabled just haven't had time to look at it as I've got around 1TB of data to sift through from my own collection, excluding the 2TB of public/private stuff that's being researched.

#14 User is offline Twilightzoney 

Posted 19 January 2018 - 08:36 PM

  • Posts: 351
  • Joined: 19-February 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Elgin, IL And Hampshire
  • Project:Unleashed and Generations Stuff and Custom Works
I would be surprised if we do ever end up finding the other preview build disk of Unleashed that contains the other half of the game. Thats pretty interesting stuff though.

#15 User is offline QuirkyKirk 

Posted 05 February 2018 - 01:52 PM

  • Posts: 4
  • Joined: 14-June 17
To be honest, it doesn't seem that a build like this would have anything really interesting on it.
Then again, that's what we all thought about the SA AutoDemo at first, and we all know how much early content was in there despite its build date. If I had the money, I'd buy it just to be sure.

  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
    Locked
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users