Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Classic 2 - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 56 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Sonic Classic 2 **Snapshots and new information**

#826 User is offline Hez 

Posted 01 July 2018 - 05:01 PM

• Asshole
  • Project:Your mother
  • Wiki edits:27

View PostFlare, on 01 July 2018 - 02:53 PM, said:

Do you have unlimited ammo? You could make the switch like a cog that each bullet causes it to spin a bit. Then there's a level of time sensitivity before the cog rewinds aka closing the passage.

The gun uses rings for bullets. Whenever it hits anything it turns back into a ring and you can recollect it. You'd have to be pretty...bad...to not have rings to open a door at this point in the level. I could always incorporate a ring generating device as well.

#827 User is offline HedgeHayes 

Posted 02 July 2018 - 08:41 AM

• Chaos Emeralds, Alola form
  • Project:Too many of them

View PostHez, on 30 June 2018 - 09:42 PM, said:

Posted Image

Would something like this work better? It'd spin and change colors (similiar to a bell post)?

it should spin like rings do, just faster and keeping the axis into account. The color change would depend on whether it's a one-time only trigger, the door closes progressively, or anything other possibility. For one-time only, you could have a breaking animation instead of a spinning one. The color change fits better for a true switch (first shoot opens, second shoot closes, and so on), but also for one-time only triggers if you don't break them, giving them different colors to differentiate each option. A quick spinning after shooting that becomes a slower spinning on the opposite direction would work for doors that close slowly and they could require more than one shot to open them completely.
Bullets spending rings is a bit risky on later levels, I'd suggest having an ammo meter that refills with rings but doesn't use them, or having ammo monitors to refill it instead. That in case you don't want unlimited bullets, which I assume you don't or else there would be no ring payment in the first place.

#828 User is offline Hez 

Posted 02 July 2018 - 08:56 AM

• Asshole
  • Project:Your mother
  • Wiki edits:27

View PostHedgeHayes, on 02 July 2018 - 08:41 AM, said:

View PostHez, on 30 June 2018 - 09:42 PM, said:

Posted Image

Would something like this work better? It'd spin and change colors (similiar to a bell post)?

it should spin like rings do, just faster and keeping the axis into account. The color change would depend on whether it's a one-time only trigger, the door closes progressively, or anything other possibility. For one-time only, you could have a breaking animation instead of a spinning one. The color change fits better for a true switch (first shoot opens, second shoot closes, and so on), but also for one-time only triggers if you don't break them, giving them different colors to differentiate each option. A quick spinning after shooting that becomes a slower spinning on the opposite direction would work for doors that close slowly and they could require more than one shot to open them completely.
Bullets spending rings is a bit risky on later levels, I'd suggest having an ammo meter that refills with rings but doesn't use them, or having ammo monitors to refill it instead. That in case you don't want unlimited bullets, which I assume you don't or else there would be no ring payment in the first place.

I like it! I have been toying around with having ammoless bullets. Basically bullets that don't destroy badniks, but still will allow you to hit targets etc. The rings as bullets works really well until you throw in these types of switches. Also makes getting hit more of a risk. I'll see what the beta testers say too.

• 56 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users