Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Puyo Puyo Champions (PS4, Steam, Switch, XB1) - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 2 Pages +
    Locked Forum

Puyo Puyo Champions (PS4, Steam, Switch, XB1) aka Puyo Puyo eSports

#16 User is offline SuperSnoopy 

Posted 07 May 2019 - 03:05 PM

• I prefer Sonic Advance to Sonic 2
  • Project:Learning how to fucking draw
So, the game came out today. Had a bunch of gold coins on my e-shop balance and figured I had nothing to lose.
It's fun but I'm still miffed by the lack of playable characters. You'd though all the characters from Puyo Puyo Tetris would be present since this game seems to be a modded Puyo Tetris. Oh well.

I dig the UI though. Pretty similar to Puyo Tetris but they changed a few things here and there and it looks pretty damn cool. I always thought the UI was one of the most overlooked element in gaming; I can appreciate the devs making sure their menus look cool.

If any of you guys end up picking it up on switch, make sure to give me your friend code so we can play online together. The online seems pretty stable from what I've seen so far.
This post has been edited by SuperSnoopy: 07 May 2019 - 03:06 PM

#17 User is offline Jason 

Posted 07 May 2019 - 07:06 PM

• *Results not lab tested.
I bought it on PC. For a version not released in Japan, it sure has a lot of Japanese players eager to bury me in garbage. Lack of instructions on how to even play the modes is frustrating, because boy howdy I don't understand how Fever works. There's apparently an update in the works for some lessons, so maybe that will help. Otherwise, it's a pretty basic edition of Puyo for $10.

#18 User is offline SoNick 

Posted 09 May 2019 - 03:07 PM

• Imageshack took down my old avatar after nearly a decade
  • Project:catching 'em all
  • Wiki edits:1,168
I liked the idea of a new standalone Puyo Puyo game, but... eh. I've never been crazy about the cast or whatever; I just want the gameplay without the voices and character animations. I'll skip out this time, but you all have fun with it.

#19 User is offline Morph 

Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:05 PM

• AKA SonicFreak94.
  • Project:SA1/2 hax
  • Wiki edits:11
All the new characters suck. But hey, really fuckin' solid $10 Puyo on PC with no Denuvo this time around? Fuck yeah.

#20 User is offline SuperSnoopy 

Posted 15 May 2019 - 01:07 AM

• I prefer Sonic Advance to Sonic 2
  • Project:Learning how to fucking draw
Some of the new characters are actually old characters way back from the Compile days.
Pretty cool to see them back, though I doubt they'll become regulars.

#21 User is offline Morph 

Posted 17 May 2019 - 08:51 PM

• AKA SonicFreak94.
  • Project:SA1/2 hax
  • Wiki edits:11
Yeah, all the Compile characters are still great. The new angel/devil stuff is shitty though, imo.

• 2 Pages +
    Locked Forum

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users