Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Time Twisted Released ~ Now Open Source! - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 8 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Sonic Time Twisted Released ~ Now Open Source! A Big Complete Classic Sonic Fan Game : )

#106 User is offline Chaos Hedgie 

Posted 09 October 2017 - 05:23 AM

• It ain't ever my business, though
  • Wiki edits:53
Is there a debug related mode in this game?

I'm enamored at how the zone transitions are completely seamless, unlike Sonic 3 and Knux, which fades out the previous zone into the new one. I normally like using debug mode to mess with the transitions and was wondering if STT had a similar option

#107 User is offline Hinchy 

Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:09 AM

• Up And Down And All Around
  • Project:high quality video game rips
  • Wiki edits:32

View PostChaos Hedgie, on 09 October 2017 - 05:23 AM, said:

Is there a debug related mode in this game?

I'm enamored at how the zone transitions are completely seamless, unlike Sonic 3 and Knux, which fades out the previous zone into the new one. I normally like using debug mode to mess with the transitions and was wondering if STT had a similar option

To my knowledge, no, there's not. You could always download the source and crack it open yourself, though.

#108 User is offline Techokami 

Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:32 PM

• For use only on NTSC Genesis systems
  • Project:Sonic Edge
  • Wiki edits:63
Source code on GitHub? Hot times! Too bad it's locked to a game dev IDE I don't use, but still... 👀🍴

EDIT: "DONOTDELETETRYINGTOFIXISSUE.sound.gmx"
Overbound, what on earth happened?
This post has been edited by Techokami: 10 October 2017 - 06:15 PM

#109 User is offline Overbound 

Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:33 PM

• Project:Sonic Time Twisted Creator
  • Wiki edits:236
Hinchy is right there is no debug mode. There is a level select though. I think its left left right right up down a start. Its kinda funny to see knuckles in Super Sonic's level.

Techokami lol that is a leftover fragment from one of the many times game maker corrupted itself when saving and I had to spend time sorting it out. It should be removed from the source code along with many other things I am sure.

It looks like a few people have been downloading or cloning the source and I have had a few people contact me in regards to using it too. If anyone makes bug fixes or improvements in the process of using the engine I will gladly accept decent pull requests.

#110 User is offline Dolphman 

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:49 PM

Any reason why the music in the source is .wav? Those alone make it almost a gigabyte in space. .ogg would've been a better choice since they're smaller.

#111 User is offline Overbound 

Posted 15 October 2017 - 01:26 PM

• Project:Sonic Time Twisted Creator
  • Wiki edits:236
Hinchy wanted the sources to be lossless and GM converts them to OGG anyway so they were added as wavs. I agree that is kind of inconvenient now that the project is open source may need to replace them with high quality OGGs or something. I'll make an issue for it on GitHub.

Speaking of which if you want to report any bugs in Time Twisted Github's issue section is a great place to do so. Right now its mostly just Alex's android compatibility issues but any kinds of bugs are welcome to be posted.

#112 User is offline Hinchy 

Posted 16 October 2017 - 12:23 PM

• Up And Down And All Around
  • Project:high quality video game rips
  • Wiki edits:32
Game Maker re-encodes all audio every time you build the game so you'd be converting OGG to OGG. I hope I don't have to explain why that's bad.
Tthe WAVs are also a permanent part of the repo history, so I'm not sure if you'd actually be doing anything by converting them either.
It's a bummer that GM doesn't support FLAC or any other reasonable lossless audio codec, so you're forced to either use space-hogging WAVs or use lossy source files.

• 8 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users