Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Persona General - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 14 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Persona General Persona 5 out now everywhere

#166 User is offline Metal Knuckles 

Posted 04 April 2017 - 09:21 AM

• HAVE SOME FUN WITH MIKU
  • Project:Shadow Alpha, an awesome hack of Sonic 1
  • Wiki edits:10
Posted Image

AWW YEAH, THE TIME HAS FINALLY COME TO DIVORCE MY CURRENT WAIFU!
This post has been edited by Metal Knuckles: 04 April 2017 - 09:21 AM

#167 User is offline TimmiT 

Posted 04 April 2017 - 02:36 PM

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Wiki edits:8
Atlus is being stupid and is threatening to send Content ID claims "or worse" if people stream or put up videos of Persona 5 past 7/7 in the game. There are also these restrictions:

Video Content

• You can post however many additional videos you'd like, but please limit each to be at most 90 minutes long.
  • No major story spoilers, and I'll leave that up to your good judgment. If you need some guidelines, avoid showing/spoiling the ending segments of the first three palaces. While you can show initial interactions with Yusuke, avoid his awakening scene, and that whole deal about THE painting. Also, don't post anything about a certain student investigator.
  • I know I mentioned not showing the end of each palace, but you can grab footage from the Kamoshida boss fight. However, don't capture video from the other major boss fights.
  • Must not focus solely on cutscenes/animated scenes, should prominently feature dungeon crawling/spending time in Tokyo.
  • You can post straight gameplay or have commentary.

Streaming Content

This being a Japanese title with a single-playthrough story means our masters in Japan are very wary about it. Sharing is currently blocked through the native PS4 UI. However, if you do plan on streaming, video guidelines above apply except length. If you decide to stream past 7/7 (I HIGHLY RECOMMEND NOT DOING THIS, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED), you do so at the risk of being issued a content ID claim or worse, a channel strike/account suspension.

http://atlus.com/not...na-5-streaming/

#168 User is offline amphobius 

Posted 04 April 2017 - 03:51 PM

• where are the japanese shaman girls, lintahlo?
  • Project:life
  • Wiki edits:165
SPOILER CULTURE!!!!

This is fucking insane. Good god.

#169 User is offline TimmiT 

Posted 04 April 2017 - 03:56 PM

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

View Postamphobius, on 04 April 2017 - 03:51 PM, said:

SPOILER CULTURE!!!!

This is fucking insane. Good god.

Even as someone part of "spoiler culture", yeah it is. I hate stuff being spoiled for me, but this is ridiculous. People who don't want stuff spoiled probably aren't going to be watching late parts of let's plays, nor are they going to be watching streams. Not only that, the Streisand effect is a thing. This is likely just going to get more assholes to spoil the game for random people online.
This post has been edited by TimmiT: 04 April 2017 - 03:56 PM

#170 User is offline Covarr 

Posted 04 April 2017 - 04:19 PM

• Sentient Cash Register
  • Wiki edits:1

View PostTimmiT, on 04 April 2017 - 03:56 PM, said:

People who don't want stuff spoiled probably aren't going to be watching late parts of let's plays, nor are they going to be watching streams.

But they might be watching reviews, and then (rightly) get pissed off when GameSpot's video review shows a late-game boss.

#171 User is offline TimmiT 

Posted 04 April 2017 - 05:00 PM

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

View PostCovarr, on 04 April 2017 - 04:19 PM, said:

People who don't want stuff spoiled probably aren't going to be watching late parts of let's plays, nor are they going to be watching streams.

But they might be watching reviews, and then (rightly) get pissed off when GameSpot's video review shows a late-game boss.

Then that's on Gamespot for being stupid enough to use that footage in their review, not on Atlus for allowing it to happen. It's not like showing late-game spoilers is the norm for video reviews, and if there are then usually a spoiler warning is given.
This post has been edited by TimmiT: 04 April 2017 - 05:05 PM

#172 User is offline Metal Knuckles 

Posted 04 April 2017 - 07:36 PM

• HAVE SOME FUN WITH MIKU
  • Project:Shadow Alpha, an awesome hack of Sonic 1

View PostCovarr, on 04 April 2017 - 04:19 PM, said:

You're looking to put a justification here, I understand. But this decision has come straight from Atlus JP, which has been noted several times to exhibit bizzare, confusing, and/or nonsensical behaviour.

One can only assume at this point that the decision has little to do with consumer affairs/relations, and that it's instead being applied with the same lawyer-on-leash mindset as Nintendo.

#173 User is offline TimmiT 

Posted 06 April 2017 - 07:35 AM

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Persona 5 has shipped 1.5 million copies worldwide.

Meaning it is selling better than the last few Sonic games. Also I guess we're gonna get a ton of Persona 5 spin-off games now.
This post has been edited by TimmiT: 06 April 2017 - 08:08 AM

#174 User is offline Joltanz Mantis 

Posted 12 April 2017 - 10:44 PM

• !
  • Project:I sing
I purchased the game on Sunday, and I just cleared Kamoshida's Palace.

Bear in mind I played Persona 3, but I only watched Persona 4 the Animation.

It seems the only way to find any low level demon is in the first Mementos block, since the Palaces crumble.
But once I get to the late game, how am I supposed to recruit them if they're not weak to Gun? At least in SMT you don't need to attack the enemy to negotiate with it, so you can still recruit low-level demons/shadows even if you reach late game! Doesn't this make filling P5's compendium harder?

It's just a thought I had since you actually need to attack enemies to negotiate with them in this game.

#175 User is offline Krigo 

Posted 15 April 2017 - 05:01 AM

• Wiki edits:30
Just about to enter September and I'm seriously loving this game!

I loved my times playing P3&P4, but I honestly think that this might be my favorite in the Persona series. 40 hours has gone by like nothing.

#176 User is offline trakker 

Posted 15 April 2017 - 10:19 AM

• The guy that's been warned!
  • Project:http://comicfury.com/comicprofile.php?url=Lunate-Epsilon

View PostTimmiT, on 06 April 2017 - 07:35 AM, said:

Meaning it is selling better than the last few Sonic games. Also I guess we're gonna get a ton of Persona 5 spin-off games now.

How is that possible? I thought no-one liked turn based JRPG's, we only like swooshy active battles because if we stopped between turns we'd get distracted and lose interest lol

And yes, very much looking forward to the new dancing game, Persona 5: Momentum in Mementos =D

#177 User is online JaxTH 

Posted 16 April 2017 - 11:22 PM

• Pudding Deity
  • Project:Jack shit.
  • Wiki edits:2
Easy Allies review:

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=2U_W_WttfKQ

#178 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:26 PM

• Project:Working on my art!

And it only has Sony consoles to work with. I thought that this also came out on PC but nope, just PS4 and (oddly) PS3. Oh Sonic, why do you suck.

If I ever get a PS4 (I really want one) this will be on my to get list along with Crash and the Gravity Rush series.

#179 User is offline 360 

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:25 PM

• Light Vision Overdrive
  • Project:Sonic Neon

I think in a world where Sega rarely succeeds at anything this is fantastic news. Looks like Sega did good with the purchase of Atlas. I'm not used to seeing anything Sega-related selling well so this is extremely amazing news. It's awesome to see Sega produce a hit game. Hopefully Sonic Forces/Mania fares just as well.

#180 User is offline TimmiT 

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:30 PM

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

View Post360, on 19 April 2017 - 05:25 PM, said:

I think in a world where Sega rarely succeeds at anything this is fantastic news. Looks like Sega did good with the purchase of Atlas. I'm not used to seeing anything Sega-related selling well so this is extremely amazing news. It's awesome to see Sega produce a hit game. Hopefully Sonic Forces/Mania fares just as well.

*Atlus. This might not be Sega's first well selling game of the year though. Yakuza 0 got a lot of attention thanks to stuff in the game being shared a lot on Twitter, it receiving incredibly positive reviews, and it being a good starting point in the series.

And Sonic Mania will likely sell well, the CE already sold way better than expected in Europe considering pre-orders for it almost immediately sold out.

• 14 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users