Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Looking for a particular piece of Sonic Adventure DLC - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
Page 1 of 1
    Locked Forum

Looking for a particular piece of Sonic Adventure DLC (Japanese download from late 1998)

#1 User is offline Jmtshaw 

Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:51 PM

I've been looking all over for this one piece of SA1 DLC that doesn't seem to be available anywhere and I'm wondering if anyone here has it or could help out here.
I've tried all the VMU packs I can find, but they're all missing this one and there doesn't seem to be much info on the thing in general.

"A kadomatsu New Years decoration is placed. Available 12/26/98 - 01/07/99 (a bug fix version was added on 12/29)."

There's a download for SA1 that would place Kadomatsu (Japanese New Year decorations) around Station Square. The file for it should be something along the lines of "SONICADV_001" and be around 66 Blocks.
It was only available in Japan for a few weeks, and was given a bug fix on the 29th to fix something that apparently prevented the player progressing through Knuckles' story.
Fuck, the only things that even mention it that aren't from 17 year old Japanese websites is info from the article on the wiki here. (I've since updated it. Not sure what that icon is doing there though, since I've only ever seen that used for some of the Samba GP packs)

The closest I've come to finding it is this old Japanese geocities site with a broken email transfer:
http://www.ceres.dti...u-s/dia/db.html
There hasn't been that much else come up about it though, aside from the occasional Japanese posts from years ago mentioning it.

Also, a while back my friend made a page for it on the Lost Media Wiki, which can be found here:
http://lostmediawiki...Game_DLC,_1998)
Thought people over there could help, but nothing turned up.

I'd appreciate anything that you guys have on this.

#2 User is offline sonicblur 

Posted 15 March 2017 - 06:39 PM

• Wiki edits:6
Have you gotten someone who knows Japanese to reach out to the owner of that site to ask if he still has the download? He has a newer email address on the main page of the website.

I have a Dreamcast with DreamPassport & working internet access, if he's still able to send it and has no other way to do it. If I recall correctly, attachments from DreamPassport were either encrypted or encoded in some way. Way back in 2001 there wasn't any way to decode them without a Dreamcast, but that might not be true anymore.

#3 User is offline Jmtshaw 

Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:55 PM

I'm pretty sure my friend tried all the email addresses we could find on that website and none of them worked, including the ones on the downloads and main page.

#4 User is offline Lythatic 

Posted 15 March 2017 - 08:01 PM

• Project:Some SA2 Review that's taking Forever
Aren't the DLC saved into the VMU? If so, maybe a Japanese VMU (Maybe from Launch to early '99) could have one.

I need another VMU, so i'll try to find one, VMU's are region free, right?

Also, love your Content, keep up the great work!
This post has been edited by Lythatic: 15 March 2017 - 08:02 PM

#5 User is offline PkR 

Posted 15 March 2017 - 08:28 PM

• Project:Dreamcast assets for SADX, The Emeralds' Awakening
Been looking for that one too, but yeah, all email addresses found on that page are no longer functional.

I can help with reaching out to Japanese speakers if we ever get any clues. I did a search for SA1 DLCs in Japanese, but the only worthy thing I found was a blog post by a person claiming to have played it back when it was available. I contacted them on Twitter, and the only thing they were able to share was that it was such a long time ago they don't quite remember what the actual DLC was like.

Page 1 of 1
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users