Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Cutscene & Trailer Archive - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 2 Pages +
    Locked Forum

Sonic Cutscene & Trailer Archive Sonic Video Archive

#16 User is offline RGX 

Posted 21 February 2017 - 10:29 PM

• Animator
  • Project:Freelance artist for hire.
  • Wiki edits:3

View PostWindii, on 21 February 2017 - 05:33 AM, said:

It'd also be great if someone still had some of those cool original quality trailers/teasers like that old, old Sonic and the Secret Rings teaser when the game was still Sonic Wild Fire. Remember that?

https://www.youtube....h?v=iU1Or-tEvX4

I'm pretty sure there's no possible way to get it in HQ now, but maybe someone out there still owns the original MOV file (or was it a mov? they typically like to use movs).

I found a .mov, but probably not the one you're thinking of.

https://mega.nz/#!X1...2u5LW2yBuKzEa8o

This is the highest quality version (14 mb) of the trailer I found but unfortunately it has a IGN watermark.

#17 User is offline Windii 

Posted 22 February 2017 - 06:11 AM

• tf you're looking at keep scrolling
  • Project:Fanvids!

View PostRGX, on 21 February 2017 - 01:17 PM, said:

Unfortunately, this DVD ripped the source videos from Sonic Mega Collection, as it has the sped up video with the blended frames which ruins the animation quality. As well, the Bad Future scene is missing in that .iso because it wasn't included in Mega Collections' movie menu. Also, there's multiple copies of the same video with different audio instead of all the audio sources being in a single video. In addition, the pencil sketch test was ripped from Sonic Jam, not Sonic Gems Collection.

If you can provide a Gems Collection rip with all the audio sources, that'll be great!

EDIT:

For the intro animation, I believe there are 4 audio sources:

- Sonic Boom
- You can do anything
- You can do anything (Sonic Jam version)
- You can do anything (Sonic CD 2011 remake instrumental)

For the Closing animations (Good + Bad Ending), 4 as well:

- Sonic Boom (credits version)
- Sonic Boom (credits version) [Instrumental]
- Cosmic Eternity
- Cosmic Eternity (Sonic CD 2011 remake instrumental)

But yeah, the DVD is outdated.

Okay, here's the Gems Collection rips. The audio stuff is separately placed in the audio folder. You can play the ADX stuff with foobar2000 with the vgmstream component and even convert them to something else with foobar2000 itself if you so wish.
https://drive.google...bllIRVpjazJTd1k

Unfortunately the frames are blended on all versions of the ending, including this one. I'm not sure why this could have happened (awkward 23.97 to 30 FPS conversion, I guess?), but one could wish for a future HD bluray remaster of some sort that fixes this. Also I wouldn't be surprised if the pencil test in Gems is ripped right out of Sonic Jam but upscaled. It's just as blurry and low quality, but in 480p this time. Woo-wee.

Thanks for the Sonic Wild Fire teaser, by the way. It's probably the highest quality one around so far. I could have sworn I've seen some kind of mov file somewhere a long time ago that did not have the watermark, though. Oh well!

#18 User is offline Ch1pper 

Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:00 AM

• Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less
  • Project:Life.
  • Wiki edits:40
Wait, the Gems SCD videos aren't just from the (old) PC version? I'd always assumed they were, and maybe just upscaled a bit.

#19 User is offline RGX 

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:03 AM

• Animator

View PostWindii, on 22 February 2017 - 06:11 AM, said:

Okay, here's the Gems Collection rips. The audio stuff is separately placed in the audio folder. You can play the ADX stuff with foobar2000 with the vgmstream component and even convert them to something else with foobar2000 itself if you so wish.
https://drive.google...bllIRVpjazJTd1k

Unfortunately the frames are blended on all versions of the ending, including this one. I'm not sure why this could have happened (awkward 23.97 to 30 FPS conversion, I guess?), but one could wish for a future HD bluray remaster of some sort that fixes this. Also I wouldn't be surprised if the pencil test in Gems is ripped right out of Sonic Jam but upscaled. It's just as blurry and low quality, but in 480p this time. Woo-wee.

Thanks for the Sonic Wild Fire teaser, by the way. It's probably the highest quality one around so far. I could have sworn I've seen some kind of mov file somewhere a long time ago that did not have the watermark, though. Oh well!

Thanks for the Gems rips! It seems the frames are blended here as well but at least it isn't as bad as the MEGA collection ones. I could've sworn they weren't blended. But at least both endings are available, separated, and not sped up like in Mega. Shame about the Pencil test too.

Also, thanks for teaching me how to convert the audio, but I have no idea how to handle the .SFD files. I can mostly view it in VLC at least but with no timeline control.
This post has been edited by RGX: 22 February 2017 - 11:03 AM

#20 User is offline Windii 

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:57 AM

View PostRGX, on 22 February 2017 - 11:03 AM, said:

Thanks for the Gems rips! It seems the frames are blended here as well but at least it isn't as bad as the MEGA collection ones. I could've sworn they weren't blended. But at least both endings are available, separated, and not sped up like in Mega. Shame about the Pencil test too.

Also, thanks for teaching me how to convert the audio, but I have no idea how to handle the .SFD files. I can mostly view it in VLC at least but with no timeline control.

Crap, sorry. Forgot about those. I just encoded them to mp4. These SFDs come out as ugly and screwed up rainbow pixels when put in a video editing software anyway. The same link should have the updated videos.

In general you can play sfd files like this with either MPC-HC or MPV players. MPC-HC in particular is pretty cool because it's capable of playing all sorts of things, including this giant vault of Sonic cutscenes of mine.

#21 User is offline BluexBlur 

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:42 PM

UnWiished Update:

• Videos have been added to the "Sonic Unleashed Wii Cutscenes" section

#22 User is offline RGX 

Posted 24 February 2017 - 09:17 PM

• Animator
@Windii

Thanks again for the Sonic CD rips from Gems Collection!

I made .MKVs of the animation which includes multiple audio tracks to select from. If anyone wants them feel free to download:
https://mega.nz/#F!b...Lc8KKTzYlCZqYRg

I was also experimenting on the ending animation by re-implementing the bouncing purple flower, the R2 scene (Jam rip), and personally animating the Amy blinking/skirt moving scene from the SEGA CD version (didn't get a chance to work on the clouds). I'm still experimenting but It's there if people want it.
This post has been edited by RGX: 24 February 2017 - 09:18 PM

#23 User is offline Windii 

Posted 25 March 2017 - 06:32 AM

I should now bump this thread to say that I would really appreciate anybody recording in-game cutscenes from Sonic Unleashed to contribute to it. There's barely any high quality sources available for those--only ones being YouTube--but those aren't ideal because they either have subtitles or the original uploader used some crappy compression method/recording equipment. Cutscenes from the Wii version also aren't ideal because their resolution is tiny, the lighting is all sorts of weird (it's either too dark or too saturated and I Do Not Like It) and the audio is 32000hz. I mean, it's acceptable I guess, but not for a discerning videophile like me.

I would personally prefer cutscenes recorded from the 360 version, at 1080p (more bitrate is always better), 30 FPS exactly and with no subs. I think the 360 version has a more consistent framerate and softer shadows (I think, I only know that the PS3 version's framerate is uncapped to 60 but it dips so frequently it's basically worthless).

I'm not sure how to go about the audio part, but I guess one could record one batch of cutscenes in English audio and another in Japanese audio. It'll probably take twice as much time to do, but that way we can please all crowds.

Sorry. If I was smart I'd go and do this myself, but an Elgato is currently out of my reach.

• 2 Pages +
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users