Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: The community turns 20 years old this year - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 9 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

The community turns 20 years old this year Time to reflect

#121 User is offline ZeaLitY 

Posted 08 February 2017 - 12:26 AM

Can't believe it either. I used to tell that story about being on insidetheweb's GoldenEye 007 boards where I met Pelord; the community was centered around Ænema's board (Eon_Blue at OCReMix these days; his board was The Goldeneye Archive Files). The story was something about introducing Pelord to the Simon Wai Sonic 2 Beta website, which was serendipitous as he preserved the site during some kind of interstitial period...

Can't even remember the details anymore. I'm still happy to see SubDrag working on GE007 stuff (updating even just a few days ago!). His name was one of many I saw on those ITW boards back in 1998/1999, when we were still debating the existence of a GE007 beta, desperately searching for Oddjob/Mayday and the All Bonds code from EGM, and forever waiting for a moon jump/Y-coord Gameshark code to surface...

If any of those old faces ever see this -- DaScoob, West, Wreck, Æ, SubDrag, E-man, Bad_Boyz, BUDSMOKAZ, the members of the AAB3:16?, Rob (who legitimately beat Egyptian with 007 Mode maxed out) -- ØØ2 says hello.

By the way, did anyone ever track down DreamTR's Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon prototype? I didn't have the $450 to buy it 11 years ago, and whoever snagged it hasn't dumped it...
This post has been edited by ZeaLitY: 08 February 2017 - 12:40 AM

#122 User is offline Skyler 

Posted 08 February 2017 - 02:09 AM

• On a neverending quest to find the Oldbie Lounge
  • Project:Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3
  • Wiki edits:136
Tails Choa

#123 User is offline Satchel 

Posted 10 February 2017 - 02:15 PM

I've been a 'lurker' here for quite a long time, perhaps close to 5 years, but I didn't sign up until earlier today. Boy, I wish I had signed up back then! Perhaps one day, I too shall be an 'Oldbie'

#124 User is offline Andrew75 

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:16 AM

• Technical Artist
  • Project:Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
I've only been a member since 2009,I only signed up on here Retro when I actually had stuff to post, been lurking since Area 51 and few other Sonic boards using the Sega Saturn Netlink lol
Anyone here remember #Sega on IRC?
This post has been edited by Andrew75: 15 February 2017 - 09:20 AM

#125 User is offline Lanzer 

Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:34 AM

• The saber calls for its master...
  • Project:Doing Stuff.
  • Wiki edits:1

View Postbiggestsonicfan, on 16 January 2017 - 02:41 AM, said:

EDIT: OH AND ONE OTHER THING. I always remembered the Jun Senoue reacted to Sonic Crackers story and decided to surprise him with the Mars script at a Summer of Sonic event. I showed it to him and he thought I wanted his autograph on it for some reason and I explained what it was. He was very upset I had it and kind of scoffed me away after that. Not a happy end :v:/>/>/>

This needs more context. why would he be soo upset at an old concept like that?
This post has been edited by Lanzer: 16 February 2017 - 11:35 AM

#126 User is offline Ashram 

Posted 16 February 2017 - 03:20 PM

• Wiki edits:13

View PostLanzer, on 16 February 2017 - 11:34 AM, said:

View Postbiggestsonicfan, on 16 January 2017 - 02:41 AM, said:

EDIT: OH AND ONE OTHER THING. I always remembered the Jun Senoue reacted to Sonic Crackers story and decided to surprise him with the Mars script at a Summer of Sonic event. I showed it to him and he thought I wanted his autograph on it for some reason and I explained what it was. He was very upset I had it and kind of scoffed me away after that. Not a happy end //forums.sonicretro.org/public/style_emoticons/default/v.png/>/>/>

This needs more context. why would he be soo upset at an old concept like that?

Because if the Mega Man Legends 3 snafu taught us anything, it's that Japanese game developers hate the idea of the public getting their unworthy mitts on anything beta-related about their games or having any say in the game's development. Outsiders are never supposed to see anything but the finished product, and should have no input on any of the games' features.
This post has been edited by Ashram: 16 February 2017 - 03:20 PM

#127 User is offline GHNeko 

Posted 18 February 2017 - 02:47 AM

• sega stockholm syndrome
  • Project:Competitive Smash Stagelist
Long time has passed. I cant even remember much of when I joined.

I had applied here and on SSRG, and a certain admin liked my post on SSRG and liked me, and let me into Retro.

Hung out in the IRC and was even apart of that "Sonic 4" project that went no where.

Fun times.

Now a days, I just occasionally lurk to see what's up. I should get back into the IRC for old times sake.

#128 User is offline Taylor 

Posted 25 February 2017 - 02:26 PM

• Wiki edits:52
I lurked around in Sonic Cult back in 2005 or so. Didn't actually start discussing prototype Sonic stuff until I joined this place.

• 9 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users