Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic and the Black Knight (Preview Build) - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 2 Pages +
    Locked Forum

Sonic and the Black Knight (Preview Build)

#16 User is offline GerbilSoft 

Posted 06 December 2016 - 09:58 PM

• RickRotate'd.
  • Project:Gens/GS
  • Wiki edits:5,000 + one spin
While doing some tests with the RVT-Rs, I found that Black Knight's H3 table seems to be corrupted (according to wit and other tools when modified for RVT-R). Is this corruption present on the original disc? (The M&S 2010 prototypes pass verification without any issues.)
This post has been edited by GerbilSoft: 06 December 2016 - 09:59 PM
Reason for edit: +M&S 2010

#17 User is offline N!NJA 

Posted 06 December 2016 - 10:18 PM

• Project:Collecting all Cartridge based Sonic games and their regional variations!

View PostGerbilSoft, on 06 December 2016 - 09:58 PM, said:

While doing some tests with the RVT-Rs, I found that Black Knight's H3 table seems to be corrupted (according to wit and other tools when modified for RVT-R). Is this corruption present on the original disc? (The M&S 2010 prototypes pass verification without any issues.)

I'm not sure sadly. Unfortunately the drive isn't with me at this time. Was sent away to see if it could be cloned. It should be with me in a week or two again.

Would you like me to upload that review build to see if that's any different? I can send a direct private link via PM if you wish? The review only had 1 change from what I remember.

EDIT: Just had a look in hex and there's more then a few changes. It might have been a bad disk, Some of them were pretty marked up but nothing major.

Going to upload it to Mega in a few but also doing a direct link for you incase.
This post has been edited by N!NJA: 06 December 2016 - 10:27 PM

#18 User is offline GerbilSoft 

Posted 06 December 2016 - 10:30 PM

• RickRotate'd.

View PostN!NJA, on 06 December 2016 - 10:18 PM, said:

Would you like me to upload that review build to see if that's any different? I can send a direct private link via PM if you wish? The review only had 1 change from what I remember.

You know what they say: the more the merrier. :colbert:

Sidenote: I'm currently working on adding RVT-R support to "Wii Ultimate Unscrubber", a tool that restores the "garbage" data that's removed when converting a Wii game to WBFS or CISO format. It turns out the "garbage" data is not actually random; it's generated using an algorithm that takes the game ID and disc number as inputs. If this works, then you can shrink the disc images while still maintaining the ability to convert it back to the original format. (Also planning on adding support for CISO format and GameCube disc images.)
This post has been edited by GerbilSoft: 06 December 2016 - 10:31 PM
Reason for edit: +link, CISO, GCN

#19 User is offline N!NJA 

Posted 06 December 2016 - 10:38 PM

• Project:Collecting all Cartridge based Sonic games and their regional variations!

View PostGerbilSoft, on 06 December 2016 - 10:30 PM, said:

View PostN!NJA, on 06 December 2016 - 10:18 PM, said:

You know what they say: the more the merrier. :colbert:/>

Sidenote: I'm currently working on adding RVT-R support to "Wii Ultimate Unscrubber", a tool that restores the "garbage" data that's removed when converting a Wii game to WBFS or CISO format. It turns out the "garbage" data is not actually random; it's generated using an algorithm that takes the game ID and disc number as inputs. If this works, then you can shrink the disc images while still maintaining the ability to convert it back to the original format. (Also planning on adding support for CISO format and GameCube disc images.)

Didn't know about this tool at all going to download it in a few, Thanks for sharing.

It'll take about an hour and a half to upload this review build. Will get you a direct link then do Mega.

I only checked extracted data not the iso's. If you also want direct links to any of the other builds posted here and the one's I couldn't which I put up on Assembler just say and I'll sort some direct links for you.

I should make a list of all my builds at some stage lol.

#20 User is offline GerbilSoft 

Posted 06 December 2016 - 11:21 PM

• RickRotate'd.
RVT-R unscrubbing appears to work. :) (The disc images seem to be slightly overdumped: 4,707,319,808 bytes, when they're supposed to be 4,699,979,776 bytes. The last 7,340,032 bytes of each RVT-R image are all 00.)

EDIT: This appears to be a difference between DVD-ROM (or at least Wii discs) and DVD-R. DVD-R format is defined as 4,707,319,808 bytes, whereas all retail Wii discs are 4,699,979,776 bytes. I guess that since RVT-R is based on DVD-R, they just left the remaining 7 MB empty. (not even encrypted empty)
This post has been edited by GerbilSoft: 06 December 2016 - 11:27 PM
Reason for edit: +DVD-R is 7MB larger than DVD-ROM

#21 User is offline N!NJA 

Posted 06 December 2016 - 11:32 PM

View PostGerbilSoft, on 06 December 2016 - 11:21 PM, said:

RVT-R unscrubbing appears to work. :)/> (The disc images seem to be slightly overdumped: 4,707,319,808 bytes, when they're supposed to be 4,699,979,776 bytes. The last 7,340,032 bytes of each RVT-R image are all 00.)

EDIT: This appears to be a difference between DVD-ROM (or at least Wii discs) and DVD-R. DVD-R format is defined as 4,707,319,808 bytes, whereas all retail Wii discs are 4,699,979,776 bytes. I guess that since RVT-R is based on DVD-R, they just left the remaining 7 MB empty. (not even encrypted empty)

Never knew that. Might explain why before I got this custom drive some RVT-R's showed as blank DVD-R's in normal DVD drives.

My next task is to crack Wii U CAT-R dumping lol. Possibly getting some CAT-R Sonic beta's in the coming months. Going to see if a retail Wii U drive can be hacked to connect to a PC first, Then I'm going to try and grab the CAT-R firmware and reflash the drive or something.

#22 User is offline GerbilSoft 

Posted 06 December 2016 - 11:35 PM

• RickRotate'd.

View PostN!NJA, on 06 December 2016 - 11:32 PM, said:

My next task is to crack Wii U CAT-R dumping lol. Possibly getting some CAT-R Sonic beta's in the coming months. Going to see if a retail Wii U drive can be hacked to connect to a PC first, Then I'm going to try and grab the CAT-R firmware and reflash the drive or something.

Good luck with CAT-R dumping. I have no idea how that stuff works. (I do know that it's SATA, but it probably has some sort of encryption.)

If you can get a CAT-R unit, you might be able to hack it and run wudump: https://gbatemp.net/...me-disc.451736/

#23 User is offline N!NJA 

Posted 06 December 2016 - 11:43 PM

View PostGerbilSoft, on 06 December 2016 - 11:35 PM, said:

View PostN!NJA, on 06 December 2016 - 11:32 PM, said:

Good luck with CAT-R dumping. I have no idea how that stuff works. (I do know that it's SATA, but it probably has some sort of encryption.)

If you can get a CAT-R unit, you might be able to hack it and run wudump: https://gbatemp.net/...me-disc.451736/

Heh yeah I need luck. :) Only thing I know is it's Blu Ray based tech. (25GB images). Read about the SATA bit a few days back so going to see if an adaptor can be made to connect to a PC.

EDIT: Review build just incase anybody wishes it: https://mega.nz/#!M8...AgU4V6Uuzg2QDp8
This post has been edited by N!NJA: 07 December 2016 - 12:01 AM

• 2 Pages +
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users