Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Unleashed (Debug enabled beta) - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 7 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Sonic Unleashed (Debug enabled beta)

#31 User is offline N!NJA 

Posted 25 November 2016 - 08:18 AM

• Project:Collecting all Cartridge based Sonic games and their regional variations!
Added a few more screenshots. Click the image/link to open the full size one or you can visit: http://imgone.co/category/unleashed for the full gallery including old images.

Posted Image Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

Having never played unleashed before I can't say if anything is changed. But I did notice the NPC's sometimes showed 2 of the same one and they were really buggy. Sometimes bouncing in the air or shaking along.

Small notes for when it's released: LB + RB + B opens the debug menu.
Clicking the left stick and pressing X opens some sort of settings menu.
On the main menu/start screen clicking on install will open the black menu with options to select levels. Many of these are missing and will cause the 360 console to lock up. Wasn't really a major issue for me seeing as I was using the xbox 360 SDK meaning I could remote reboot the system. But people with normal RGH/JTAG's might have issues.
This post has been edited by N!NJA: 25 November 2016 - 08:23 AM

#32 User is online TimmiT 

Posted 25 November 2016 - 08:42 AM

• Probably part of some problem
  • Project:Big screenshots
  • Wiki edits:8
Oh hey, I recognize that level select screen

Posted Image

This is from the demo that was shown during Gamespot's E3 2008 live stream.
This post has been edited by TimmiT: 25 November 2016 - 08:43 AM

#33 User is offline N!NJA 

Posted 25 November 2016 - 09:07 AM

• Project:Collecting all Cartridge based Sonic games and their regional variations!
Was hoping someone had. That menu was under the install/menu thing can't remember the exact naming but it restarts the game with that. There's ton's of settings.

In other news, I'm going to skip my 1 a week release schedule and do 1 every other day. They won't all be posted here due to rules. (All beta's have to be 7 years or older.)

But if you visit other sites with beta's you can.

To make things simple here's the day's new beta's will be posted around the web.

Today ~ Sonic and The Black Knight - Wii Preview build. Unknown changes will be posted on SonicRetro. (there's a review build but only the boot file is changed so I'll upload that seperate without the files.)
Sunday 27th ~ Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games - Wii Review Build Unknown changes. Cannot be posted here due to site rules.
Tuesday 29th ~ Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing - Wii Preview Build Unknown changes but did spot a ton of test tracks. Cannot be posted here due to site rules.
Thursday 1st ~ Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing - X360 Review Build Unknown changes. Cannot be posted here due to site rules. Cannot be posted here due to site rules.
Saturday 3rd ~ Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing - X360 Preview Build Unknown changes. (Iso is half the size of the review.) Cannot be posted here due to site rules.
Monday 5th ~ Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing - PS3 Preview Build Unknown changes. Cannot be posted here due to site rules.
Wednesday 7th ~ Sonic Generations - X360 Review Build Unknown changes. Cannot be posted here due to site rules.
Friday 9th ~ Sonic Unleashed - X360 Preview Build. Will be posted on SonicRetro! :D
This post has been edited by N!NJA: 25 November 2016 - 09:13 AM

#34 User is offline Blue Blood 

Posted 25 November 2016 - 10:06 AM

• Wiki edits:6

View PostTimmiT, on 25 November 2016 - 08:42 AM, said:

Oh hey, I recognize that level select screen

This is from the demo that was shown during Gamespot's E3 2008 live stream.

This build looks to be newer than E3. The E3 one just refers to Windmill Isle as Mykonos, which is the real-world location that it's based on.
This post has been edited by Blue Blood: 25 November 2016 - 11:03 AM

#35 User is offline Dario FF 

Posted 25 November 2016 - 11:13 AM

• Tech Support Hotline
  • Project:SonicGLvl
Seems like pretty substantial differences so far, and quite a bit of broken features (e.g. Sonic having Werehog skills on the Status screen). Thanks for the dates! Looking forward to it.

#36 User is offline N!NJA 

Posted 25 November 2016 - 11:35 AM

View PostDario FF, on 25 November 2016 - 11:13 AM, said:

Seems like pretty substantial differences so far, and quite a bit of broken features (e.g. Sonic having Werehog skills on the Status screen). Thanks for the dates! Looking forward to it.

Not a problem. :) Reason for the day gap between releases is to give people time to download and have a look at changes. Don't want stuff being neglected. :p

#37 User is offline Overlord 

Posted 25 November 2016 - 02:42 PM

• Substitute Meerkovo IT Chief
  • Project:VGDB
  • Wiki edits:3,204

View PostDario FF, on 24 November 2016 - 06:57 PM, said:

Well I think this definitely warrants a thread of its own. :v:/> Amazing work on this.

*waves mod wand*

#38 User is offline N!NJA 

Posted 25 November 2016 - 02:46 PM

View PostOverlord, on 25 November 2016 - 02:42 PM, said:

View PostDario FF, on 24 November 2016 - 06:57 PM, said:

Well I think this definitely warrants a thread of its own. :v:/>/> Amazing work on this.

*waves mod wand*

Thank you for sorting that.

#39 User is offline minichapman 

Posted 25 November 2016 - 02:51 PM

• I never contradict myself, but I do sometimes.
  • Project:Being drunk.
  • Wiki edits:1
Damn. Welp, I feel like a prick for ever doubting this. Bravo. N!NJA!

#40 User is offline sonicblur 

Posted 25 November 2016 - 11:57 PM

• Wiki edits:6

View PostN!NJA, on 25 November 2016 - 09:07 AM, said:

In other news, I'm going to skip my 1 a week release schedule and do 1 every other day. They won't all be posted here due to rules. (All beta's have to be 7 years or older.)

Where did that rule come from? The only thing I can find says a few months.

In regards to prototypes, do not link to prototypes before a game is complete, and as a general rule wait until after a few months.

http://forums.sonicr...showtopic=11220

Is there some other set of rules somewhere? I mean, according to the rules that I linked above we really shouldn't have a sticky thread that links to SonAR right at the top of this subforum and it's been there for years.
This post has been edited by sonicblur: 26 November 2016 - 12:13 AM

#41 User is online Rika Chou 

Posted 26 November 2016 - 12:32 AM

• Adopt
  • Wiki edits:4
I think assemblergames has the 7 year rule.

#42 User is offline N!NJA 

Posted 26 November 2016 - 02:22 AM

View Postminichapman, on 25 November 2016 - 02:51 PM, said:

Damn. Welp, I feel like a prick for ever doubting this. Bravo. N!NJA!

Not a problem in doubting. I'm not really an active member and you get so many claiming to have beta's which are rom hacks show up lol.

View Postsonicblur, on 25 November 2016 - 11:57 PM, said:

View PostN!NJA, on 25 November 2016 - 09:07 AM, said:

Where did that rule come from? The only thing I can find says a few months.

In regards to prototypes, do not link to prototypes before a game is complete, and as a general rule wait until after a few months.

http://forums.sonicr...showtopic=11220

Is there some other set of rules somewhere? I mean, according to the rules that I linked above we really shouldn't have a sticky thread that links to SonAR right at the top of this subforum and it's been there for years.

View PostRika Chou, on 26 November 2016 - 12:32 AM, said:

I think assemblergames has the 7 year rule.

I don't think that rules written public it's normally only mentioned to people who release Sonic beta's here like myself/drx/orengefox/etc.

It was Orengefox who told me about the rule via private message about a year ago. It was as I found an unknown Sonic Colours Wii RVT-R disk and I wanted to post here along with M&S 2009 but I was told it couldn't be as it has to be 7 years old. (FYI: Colours turned out to be a review build which was exactly the same as retail minus being on an RVT-R.)

There seems to be some sort of agreement with SEGA regarding newer Sonic stuff. But it's fine long as 7 years have passed since the release date of the game.

Once stuff can be shared here though I will post a thread for the other stuff. And as mentioned it will be on Assembler. @Rika Chou AG's rule is 4 only thing they have a problem with is current gen stuff and sdk's etc.

#43 User is offline Chimera 

Posted 26 November 2016 - 09:45 AM

• I'm not a furry.
  • Project:TOO MANY. BUT ONE LESS.
  • Wiki edits:5
Wow. This is some pretty incredible stuff.

Can't view all the images right now. Did you manage to find any way of toggling dynamic global illumination debugging? I remember that was one of the things they showed off at GDC a few years ago. Wonder if any of that's still viewable.

#44 User is offline N!NJA 

Posted 26 November 2016 - 10:44 AM

View PostChimera, on 26 November 2016 - 09:45 AM, said:

Wow. This is some pretty incredible stuff.

Can't view all the images right now. Did you manage to find any way of toggling dynamic global illumination debugging? I remember that was one of the things they showed off at GDC a few years ago. Wonder if any of that's still viewable.

I haven't really looked. The install/dev menu is very buggy and anything missing causes the xbox 360 development kit to crash. I did spot some graphics settings will take a look shortly as I put the disk away for now.

EDIT: None of those sort of settings worked. It just crashes the console. I think some may be on the missing disk 2 or possibly it's a network link not sure. I did have a mess around and took a few more screenshots with some boss levels etc.

I think a couple of the stages are empty as nothing moved when I tried them. One of the backup levels can be played but the other doesn't load. :( (Can possibly be hacked back in?)

These will likely be the last screenshots until the release on Friday 9th. (Don't want to do all the finding for you lot :P) Click the iamge to open the fullsize link if you want to view. Or all can be seen here: http://imgone.co/category/unleashed

This post has been edited by N!NJA: 26 November 2016 - 01:00 PM

#45 User is offline Twilightzoney 

Posted 26 November 2016 - 04:47 PM

• Project:Unleashed and Generations Stuff and Custom Works
I'm gonna have a field day with this, gonna end up looking into the xex and dumping whatever is on there and comparing to final build. Very awesome.

Also I notice that the results screen says Next or Replay like in Generations but this wasn't in the final game to replay levels would have to go back and go through to get into the level.

• 7 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users