Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic 25th Anniversary Art Book announced - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 4 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Sonic 25th Anniversary Art Book announced Made by Cook & Becker, featuring never-before-published art

#46 User is offline VectorCNC 

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:31 AM

• Project:CNC Sonic Sculpture/Artwork
I'm excited for the Art book, but I very much dislike the neon green which appears to be throughout the book. It's hard on the eyes, has nothing to do with Sonic, and reminds me of that green-screen background which is replaced with an image in video post-production.

#47 User is offline Jen 

Posted 04 February 2017 - 06:07 PM

• "The great and lovable Peridot!"
  • Project:Various drawings
  • Wiki edits:2
Do you mean like how it is on the "Sonic Jam" page, or am I missing something else?

Because if you're referring to that - then yeah, it's pretty blinding. And it actually looks gross with that shade of pink, in my opinion (I don't think it'd actually be so bad if it was paired with a colour that wasn't also really vivid) x_x It's hardly the nicest colour combination I've ever seen, it has to be said. Hopefully it's just a one-off and the rest of the pages are a little easier on the eyes.

#48 User is online Casshern 

Posted 05 March 2017 - 01:59 PM

Cook and Becker showed a WIP today on their instagram today.
Link to pic since it doesn't want to show up
This post has been edited by Casshern: 05 March 2017 - 02:25 PM

#49 User is offline Drex 

Posted 05 March 2017 - 10:45 PM

• Lazy perfectionist

View PostTheKazeblade, on 27 January 2017 - 06:14 PM, said:

I'd prefer a 2-Sonic variant, but whatever...

Me too

Posted Image

It's too bad the source image is such bad quality.
This post has been edited by Drex: 05 March 2017 - 10:57 PM

#50 User is offline SonicGenesis89 

Posted 06 March 2017 - 06:58 AM

• Cool! Sweet! And Catchy!
I preordered the Collector's Edition way back when preorders first started. I really can't wait to get this art book. This is like a dream come true to me because I love concept art. I always wanted Sega to make an art book like this. For years I always wanted this. I'm so happy that it's finally happening. I hope that we get a really good amount of concept art and also a lot of art that we haven't already seen before. That WIP photo on Instagram looks great! I can't wait to see those Shadow illustrations in better quality. Also, I think the Uekawa illustration looks really nice whether it has the two Sonic's in it or the three. It doesn't really matter to me.

#51 User is offline big smile 

Posted 25 March 2017 - 05:23 AM

https://t.co/iqltEwfhhr

^ They posted some teaser images on Twitter. The Metal Sonic concept art is amazing! I am not sure how I feel about the Sonic CD pull out. It is very pretty, but I'd much rather the book saved space for things we hadn't seen before. Although it looks like the book will have plenty of new stuff, so it should be amazing. Excited for the release.

#52 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 25 March 2017 - 07:19 AM

• Wiki edits:18
Did they really need to fill three pages with an emulator screenshot.

#53 User is offline Ritz 

Posted 25 March 2017 - 09:27 AM

• Subhedgehog
  • Wiki edits:2
Wow, this book isn't going to be very good, is it? The white space on the Metal Sonic concept pages is killing me.

At least the level art is being represented in some form. Only reason I'm not cancelling my preorder is that there's still some use in having this book sitting in my cubicle so I have some visual reference to justify my obsession to coworkers that have never played a Sega game. There needs to be a spread like this for all of the 2D games.
This post has been edited by Ritz: 25 March 2017 - 09:29 AM

• 4 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Google