Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Like, happy 25th anniversary, Sonic... I guess? - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 4 Pages +
    Locked Forum

Like, happy 25th anniversary, Sonic... I guess? Because it's today

#31 User is offline Jason 

Posted 23 June 2016 - 08:14 PM

• *Results not lab tested.
I bought a foot-long chili dog, slapped in Sonic the Hedgehog, and went to town.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Yes I stand by my wording.
This post has been edited by Jason: 23 June 2016 - 08:39 PM

#32 User is offline NioZero 

Posted 24 June 2016 - 08:03 AM

• Project:Tornado Sky Fighters
  • Wiki edits:5
Sonic's Facebook Page posted some photos

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

also...

This post has been edited by NioZero: 24 June 2016 - 08:03 AM

#33 User is offline HEDGESMFG 

Posted 24 June 2016 - 01:06 PM

I ended up playing through R and watching an episode of AOSTH and Sonic X respectively.

Also, the Boom cartoon was put up in its entirely on Hulu. The game is godawful, but the show at least seems competently written from what little of it I've seen so far. Might be worth a glance for those who still wish to celebrate.

#34 User is offline Jen 

Posted 24 June 2016 - 03:20 PM

• Lapidot Queen
  • Project:Various drawings
  • Wiki edits:2
I celebrated the anniversary by playing through my favourite Sonic game - 3 & Knuckles - last night on the actual hardware (which I haven't done for years; relying instead on emulators).

I also wrote this piece about the Sonic series and what it's meant to me over the years :)

#35 User is offline Brainulator 

Posted 24 June 2016 - 03:34 PM

• Regular garden-variety user
  • Project:ideas I shouldn't let out

View PostHEDGESMFG, on 24 June 2016 - 01:06 PM, said:

The Boom cartoon was put up in its entirely on Hulu. The game is godawful, but the show at least seems competently written from what little of it I've seen so far. Might be worth a glance for those who still wish to celebrate.
The love the TV show XD

#36 User is offline Neko Kit Su 

Posted 24 June 2016 - 04:53 PM

• I've never had a title, and I never will!
  • Project:Freelance
  • Wiki edits:10
I played the crap out of ROM Hacks last night, all the better by most of them being available on Genesis Hub. //forums.sonicretro.org/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png

Happy birthday, Sonic, and may you be with us for 25 more. :)
This post has been edited by Neko Kit Su: 24 June 2016 - 04:59 PM

#37 User is offline Skyler 

Posted 24 June 2016 - 07:11 PM

• On a neverending quest to find the Oldbie Lounge
  • Project:Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3
  • Wiki edits:136
I played through 3D Sonic 1 yesterday, and very nearly failed to get all the Emeralds. I only had four when I got to Star Light Zone.

I'm getting old.

#38 User is offline Sonic Warrior TJ 

Posted 24 June 2016 - 08:52 PM

• Likes Rise of Lyric
  • Wiki edits:21

View PostSkyler, on 24 June 2016 - 07:11 PM, said:

I played through 3D Sonic 1 yesterday, and very nearly failed to get all the Emeralds. I only had four when I got to Star Light Zone.

I'm getting old.

Don't feel too bad. Last time I played through Sonic 1 and tried for the Emeralds, I had five at the end of Starlight, and and had forgotten there aren't any in Scrap Brain. Which really didn't matter because I lost all my rings right at the end of Act 2. I've gotten them all before, legitimately, but the maze isn't my favorite Special Stage, so lack of trying has certainly affected my ability to complete them, heh. I much prefer the halfpipe and Blue Sphere.

#39 User is offline 360 

Posted 25 June 2016 - 01:24 PM

• Daft Punk Overdrive
  • Project:Sonic Neon
Sonic's anniversary is also my birthday (believe it or not my birthday is June 23) and I ended up "celebrating" by playing Sonic 2 and CD mobile on a plane flight returning from a holiday. And that was pretty much the extent of my celebration. Wish I'd done something more like marathoned Sonic 1 with an actual control pad or something like that.

Anyway happy birthday Sonic! May you entertain us and delight us for another 25 years.

#40 User is offline Naean 

Posted 27 June 2016 - 02:57 PM

• There is sometimes potential to succeed where others have not.
  • Project:Sonic 5 (Sonic 3 & Knuckles Sequel)
  • Wiki edits:24
Time for me to shamelessly plug my rather predictable music medley anniversary tribute thingy. :v:

Every track which I picked is my personal favourite music track from each year of Sonic games, from 1991 to 2015.

Gave me an excuse to make some custom title cards, which was fun to do. :)

Sonic is so old already, and that makes me feel old too. 25 years gone by fast like it aint no thing!

#41 User is offline Glaber 

Posted 28 June 2016 - 03:15 PM

• Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA
  • Project:Gmod Ragdolls and Props, Pony maps
  • Wiki edits:10
25 years, and the hand held titles are still forgotten. That's like half of his life right there!

Regardless, I am working on a sonic project despite forgetting it was his 25th anniversary. I won't say anything more except that if you saw Freedom Planet Rescored you have an idea of what I'm doing for sonic.
This post has been edited by Glaber: 28 June 2016 - 03:27 PM

#42 User is offline Venom Snake 

Posted 30 June 2016 - 11:15 PM

A bit late to the party, but I made this:

Most of you would probably find it very corny, but I just really like that old ass Sonic Unleashed E3 trailer.
This post has been edited by Venom Snake: 30 June 2016 - 11:16 PM

#43 User is offline ~The Blue Blur~ 

Posted 01 July 2016 - 03:59 PM

Can't stay quiet on this one.

Hello there, everyone! Almost 10 days late, but happy 25th anniversary guys (in 360's case, happy birthday to you, buddy).
So, I guess this is the most interesting anniversary to date. Fans are thirsty for a new mainstream Sonic game for almost 2 years and all they receive is "TP/Tape/whatever-you-call-it BOOM!", Sega comes up with the "Free Money" strategy, Sonic Team makes "Ads with a little bit of Sonic", only for it to bring failure, and for Sega to shut it down, and now this; 25th anniversary comes by, and not a single thing from Sega!

And on top of it all for me, my hard drive, along with my priceless collection of... like... every Sonic (and Sega) game, died. All I could do was to backup from a few disc images I had. Now I have to start recollecting them from the very beginning again. What drives me crazy more than anything else is my completed save files. It just took me one month to finish S3K with all 9 endings. I had collected all 130 emblems in SADX, completed ShTH with all 11 endings, ...!!!

Things just keep getting better and better! 5th and 15th anniversaries might've been bad, but THIS IS TERRIBLE!!!!
Get ready for another great anniversary with the number "5" in it to disappoint everyone for the third time, guys!!!!!!!

#44 User is offline Brainulator 

Posted 01 July 2016 - 04:10 PM

• Regular garden-variety user
  • Project:ideas I shouldn't let out
5 and 15 are petty numbers to focus on. 25 is much more sensible.

#45 User is offline Mykonos 

Posted 01 July 2016 - 05:29 PM

• MODE CHANGE.
  • Wiki edits:178

View Post~The Blue Blur~, on 01 July 2016 - 03:59 PM, said:

Can't stay quiet on this one.

Hello there, everyone! Almost 10 days late, but happy 25th anniversary guys (in 360's case, happy birthday to you, buddy).
So, I guess this is the most interesting anniversary to date. Fans are thirsty for a new mainstream Sonic game for almost 2 years and all they receive is "TP/Tape/whatever-you-call-it BOOM!", Sega comes up with the "Free Money" strategy, Sonic Team makes "Ads with a little bit of Sonic", only for it to bring failure, and for Sega to shut it down, and now this; 25th anniversary comes by, and not a single thing from Sega!

And on top of it all for me, my hard drive, along with my priceless collection of... like... every Sonic (and Sega) game, died. All I could do was to backup from a few disc images I had. Now I have to start recollecting them from the very beginning again. What drives me crazy more than anything else is my completed save files. It just took me one month to finish S3K with all 9 endings. I had collected all 130 emblems in SADX, completed ShTH with all 11 endings, ...!!!

Things just keep getting better and better! 5th and 15th anniversaries might've been bad, but THIS IS TERRIBLE!!!!
Get ready for another great anniversary with the number "5" in it to disappoint everyone for the third time, guys!!!!!!!

We're like, 8 days into the anniversary "year" per SEGA PR. It might be a little early to start calling doom and gloom.

• 4 Pages +
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users