Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Runners announced (Sonic Team/Mobile) - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 106 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Sonic Runners announced (Sonic Team/Mobile)

#16 User is offline TimmiT 

Posted 28 December 2014 - 11:50 AM

• Probably part of some problem
  • Project:Big screenshots
  • Wiki edits:8
Oh, I'm still expecting this to be some endless runner type game. Maybe 2D instead of 3D. But this being made by Sonic Team does make me a bit more interested in it than I'd be in another mediocre clone game by Hardlight.

#17 User is offline 360 

Posted 28 December 2014 - 12:01 PM

• Daft Punk Overdrive
  • Project:Sonic Neon

View PostTimmiT, on 28 December 2014 - 11:50 AM, said:

Oh, I'm still expecting this to be some endless runner type game. Maybe 2D instead of 3D. But this being made by Sonic Team does make me a bit more interested in it than I'd be in another mediocre clone game by Hardlight.

Ah okay. And yeah I echo the same sentiment. Sonic Dash was "okay" for what it was but I got bored and disinterested in it rather rapidly. It was just an endless Seaside Hill stage from Sonic Heroes that was kind of fun for a while I guess but hardly an earth-shatteringly good Sonic game. I also didn't like how it was rigged to charge you so intensively to derive any enjoyment out of it. I know that's the way mobile games are going at the moment but it felt like I was only getting a quarter of the enjoyment out of the game I should have been getting because Hardlight/Sega wanted to get money out of me.

As for those disappointed that this announcement isn't a Sonic Team developed next generation Sonic game that we were all hoping for there's always this image that leaked a while back. I know Sega kind of vaguely denied it at the time saying the information was an "error" but I think that might have been because the information leaked out too early and they were worried about the then imminent release of Sonic Boom.

#18 User is offline Lanzer 

Posted 28 December 2014 - 12:03 PM

• The saber calls for its master...
  • Project:Doing Stuff.
  • Wiki edits:1

View PostDark Sonic, on 28 December 2014 - 07:20 AM, said:

Sonic Team is behind a mobile game? Huh... that's, different.

Indeed, hmm, not sure how to feel about this. mainly the question at the back of my head is if this is a shift of things to come but it'd be a dumb idea to completely fore-go consoles right now, maybe in 20 years but not now.
This post has been edited by Lanzer: 28 December 2014 - 12:25 PM

#19 User is offline SpeedStarTMQ 

Posted 28 December 2014 - 05:51 PM

• Project:Playing Wii U - ADD ME.
  • Wiki edits:5
Hmm, well, what to make of this?

>Doesn't appear to be a fully-fledged Sonic game
>Appears like it'll be simple and minigame-esque

In that case, I'm not interested.

Real shame. When are we going to see another actual proper Sonic game? :colbert:

#20 User is offline Strife 

Posted 28 December 2014 - 06:31 PM

• Project:Freedom Planet 2
If I had to guess, we'll probably get another non-mobile Sonic game when the inevitable movie tie-in comes to whatever Sony is planning (assuming the speculation is true).
This post has been edited by Strife: 28 December 2014 - 06:31 PM

#21 User is offline Polish Pete 

Posted 28 December 2014 - 06:33 PM

View PostSpeedStarTMQ, on 28 December 2014 - 05:51 PM, said:

When are we going to see another actual proper Sonic game? :colbert:/>

Most likely on Sonic's 25th anniversary. Which should give Sonic Team enough time to make a proper game for Xbox One and PS4.

#22 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 28 December 2014 - 06:38 PM

• Project:Sonic Lost World: Nonexistent Six/Fixed Edition; Sonic Genesis Adventure (Let's see how long this lasts :V)
  • Wiki edits:10

View PostStrife, on 28 December 2014 - 06:31 PM, said:

If I had to guess, we'll probably get another non-mobile Sonic game when the inevitable movie tie-in comes to whatever Sony is planning (assuming the speculation is true).

Please, please no more games based off movies/shows based off games. We don't need another Sonic Boom.

#23 User is offline Caniad Bach 

Posted 28 December 2014 - 06:48 PM

• is a peanut

View PostDark Sonic, on 28 December 2014 - 06:38 PM, said:

View PostStrife, on 28 December 2014 - 06:31 PM, said:

Please, please no more games based off movies/shows based off games. We don't need another Sonic Boom.

But games based on movies based on games always turn out so well!

I'm not sure there would be a movie tie-in game. No one really makes them anymore, at least not for consoles, even when the franchise was a video game in the first place. But when has SEGA been renowned for it's good ideas? Maybe the will do one, it'll probably be handed over to a third party and be complete garbage.

#24 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 28 December 2014 - 06:57 PM

• Project:Sonic Lost World: Nonexistent Six/Fixed Edition; Sonic Genesis Adventure (Let's see how long this lasts :V)
Well if it does end up happening, I hope it's the biggest trainwreck of all time. If I'm going to have to sit through this crap, it may as well be the Birdemic of Sonic games.

You can do it Sega! You can join the ranks of Bubsy 3D, Superman 64, and E.T. We believe in you :specialed:

#25 User is offline Mykonos 

Posted 28 December 2014 - 07:09 PM

• MODE CHANGE.
  • Wiki edits:178
I'm going to bet right now we see a Sonic Team console Sonic before the end of the year. Nothing to worry about.

#26 User is offline Caniad Bach 

Posted 28 December 2014 - 07:14 PM

• is a peanut

View PostDark Sonic, on 28 December 2014 - 06:57 PM, said:

Well if it does end up happening, I hope it's the biggest trainwreck of all time. If I'm going to have to sit through this crap, it may as well be the Birdemic of Sonic games.

You can do it Sega! You can join the ranks of Bubsy 3D, Superman 64, and E.T. We believe in you :specialed:/>

They already have.

God that's depressing.

#27 User is offline Machenstein 

Posted 28 December 2014 - 07:25 PM

View PostMykonos, on 28 December 2014 - 07:09 PM, said:

I'm going to bet right now we see a Sonic Team console Sonic before the end of the year. Nothing to worry about.

The question is which Sonic Team. I've been told that Sonic Team now consists of two separate teams, one which did Unleashed and Generations, and the other which did Colors and Lost World. That means it's been a year since the Colors/Lost World team released a game, and three years since the Unleashed/Generations team released a game.

#28 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 28 December 2014 - 07:36 PM

View PostCaniad Bach, on 28 December 2014 - 07:14 PM, said:

View PostDark Sonic, on 28 December 2014 - 06:57 PM, said:

You can do it Sega! You can join the ranks of Bubsy 3D, Superman 64, and E.T. We believe in you :specialed:

They already have.

God that's depressing.

No, we must go deeper. Those still hold elements of a game that shockingly some can enjoy on a non-ironic level. Those two games are more akin to the Room. Oh ya it's awful, hilariously so, but yet it could be worse. Birdemic is an abortion. Maybe we should go deeper than the three games I listed before. We need Big Rigs Over the Road Racing.

It's like that episode of South Park where James Cameron goes into the depths of the Ocean to raise the bar, only to find that it was so low because Randy Newman was keeping it there.

#29 User is offline Elston87 

Posted 28 December 2014 - 07:45 PM

• I'm raiding witches.
I don't know what to think about this. Mobile games are usually not a good direction in my opinion; about 80% of them have micro-transactions slapped in your face before you even get your feet on the grounds of the game.

If anything, the profits should be used towards development of a new title for consoles, otherwise Sonic Team is heading the ways of Yuji Naka, not that such a thing is too bad...

#30 User is offline Paraxade 

Posted 28 December 2014 - 07:50 PM

View PostMachenstein, on 28 December 2014 - 07:25 PM, said:

View PostMykonos, on 28 December 2014 - 07:09 PM, said:

The question is which Sonic Team. I've been told that Sonic Team now consists of two separate teams, one which did Unleashed and Generations, and the other which did Colors and Lost World. That means it's been a year since the Colors/Lost World team released a game, and three years since the Unleashed/Generations team released a game.

And it'll be four years by next year's holiday season, which is why I'm 90% sure we're seeing a console title next year, and probably another game from the Colors/Lost World team for the anniversary. I kinda doubt they spent four years working on a mobile game :P I'll be really surprised if Runners is the only Sonic game that releases next year.

• 106 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users