Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Boom TV Show Megathread - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 56 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Sonic Boom TV Show Megathread Getcha CG cartoon chat here!

#16 User is offline Blivsey 

Posted 08 November 2014 - 10:51 AM

• Charismatic Sonicaholic
  • Project:Throwing my support behind others' projects (aka none)
It's pretty good, actually! Other than Sticks being the most one-dimensional character I've ever seen, I enjoyed both episodes for what they were worth.

Also
Posted Image

#17 User is online KingOfBunnies 

Posted 08 November 2014 - 11:47 AM

I basically agree with everyone here. First half wasn't that great but second half was much better. I actually chuckled a few times during the second half. I think the show will turn out alright once it finds it's footing. Definitely interested in watching more to see where it goes. I was not expecting it to do that, I thought I'd watch those first two and be done. So, hopefully it gives us some good moments in the future.

#18 User is offline Felik 

Posted 08 November 2014 - 12:38 PM

• Wiki edits:1
I actually liked first half better. It had better plot and more funny moments. Also Sticks was barely in it.

#19 User is offline TheInvisibleSun 

Posted 08 November 2014 - 02:36 PM

• OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST
  • Project:Sonic 1 Color Contrast
I personally thought Eggman's maniacal snoring was hilarious.

#20 User is offline TimmiT 

Posted 08 November 2014 - 02:36 PM

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Project:Big screenshots
  • Wiki edits:8
I actually didn't mind Stick at all. I thought that she would be incredibly annoying, but she actually wasn't that bad.

#21 User is offline Blue Blood 

Posted 08 November 2014 - 03:17 PM

• Wiki edits:6

View PostTimmiT, on 08 November 2014 - 02:36 PM, said:

I actually didn't mind Stick at all. I thought that she would be incredibly annoying, but she actually wasn't that bad.

I cringed every time she spoke bar once. The crazy/paranoid/random side of her is incredibly irritating, but at the same time I liked this:
Posted Image
This post has been edited by Blue Blood: 08 November 2014 - 03:18 PM

#22 User is offline WAC 

Posted 08 November 2014 - 03:24 PM

• KITTIES!
  • Project:???
  • Wiki edits:2
The whole premise behind episode 2 was so goddamn stupid which was great. I enjoyed both episodes and felt they pulled off the main cast pretty well. Also liked that Sonic was more protective of Tails in episode 1. His younger age rarely seems to have any relevance nowadays.

#23 User is offline Spinksy 

Posted 08 November 2014 - 03:35 PM

I just watched the first episode with my 8 year old boy (who wasn't impressed by the 3DS demo at all) and we both enjoyed the first episode.

The more I see the characters 'new look' the more it annoys me but apart from that its a pleasant surprise....

#24 User is offline Captain L 

Posted 08 November 2014 - 03:42 PM

• The guy who likes Shadow the Hedgehog
  • Project:Waiting for the coming of the Great White Hankerchief

View PostBlue Blood, on 08 November 2014 - 03:17 PM, said:

View PostTimmiT, on 08 November 2014 - 02:36 PM, said:

I cringed every time she spoke bar once. The crazy/paranoid/random side of her is incredibly irritating, but at the same time I liked this:
Posted Image

That's one of the two times I liked Sticks. I also liked her yelling at her shadow, I like characters that are kind of off. Everyone is goofy, but Sticks is the one that's just stupid or crazy. And some of the clips of later episodes confirm she's going to keep doing that. I just wish her voice was lower-pitched, so I can consistently understand what she's saying.

#25 User is offline iGamr 

Posted 08 November 2014 - 03:58 PM

I think I preferred the first half, to be honest. It had less Amy (who is COMPLETELY insufferable in this show so far), and as much as I like Eggman, I think it's way too early in the show to have Sonic give him shelter at the drop of a hat (especially when they have him pull a "jk evil lol", which only makes figuring out what dynamic they're going for even more annoying).

The snoring bit pretty much excuses everything, though. It was easily the highlight of the entire half-hour.

#26 User is offline Blue Blood 

Posted 08 November 2014 - 04:04 PM

• Wiki edits:6

View PostCaptain L, on 08 November 2014 - 03:42 PM, said:

That's one of the two times I liked Sticks. I also liked her yelling at her shadow, I like characters that are kind of off. Everyone is goofy, but Sticks is the one that's just stupid or crazy. And some of the clips of later episodes confirm she's going to keep doing that. I just wish her voice was lower-pitched, so I can consistently understand what she's saying.

That's where I've got to really disagree. The shadow part was probably the worst, and I really hate these sorts of crazy characters. But still, she could have had no redeeming moments, so that's something I guess.

#27 User is offline Overlord 

Posted 08 November 2014 - 04:49 PM

• Substitute Meerkovo IT Chief
  • Project:VGDB
  • Wiki edits:3,204
"Amy, I know who you are"
"Great, because I am FINE with nepotism"

"They're robots, they don't get tired, because they have no souls!"
"HEY!"
"He's right..."

Couple of fun exchanges, very AoStH feel to it - the show has indeed turned out just as good as it was shown to be. They should have focused on just this the entire time, especially with how the games are turning out.

#28 User is offline GeneHF 

Posted 08 November 2014 - 04:54 PM

• SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be.
  • Project:Complete Global Conquest
  • Wiki edits:381
Got bored, made a thing. Have a concept Sonic Boom title theme.

Don't care if it's over a minute long (hard enough to pare it down to 30 seconds) but I love the ending so much. Quality is not so good on purpose.

#29 User is offline TheKazeblade 

Posted 08 November 2014 - 06:04 PM

• "Our Life is More than a Side-Effect"
Loved episode 2. They've got the humor of AoStH down without sacrificing some pretty decent action scenes. I can see the show gaining legs!

#30 User is offline Tiranno 

Posted 08 November 2014 - 06:58 PM

• Steveosaurus Rex
  • Project:Complaining about Ryan Drummond
Eh I thought it was pretty stupid.

I'm not into this kind of humor though. It wasn't really memorable and had some serious writing flaws. Why do I care about Eggman staying with them when he's not even that established? That should have been something saved for the middle of the show.

Overall it's not offensive, just kinda dumb. I wouldn't watch any episodes unless I was bored out of my mind.
This post has been edited by Tiranno: 08 November 2014 - 06:59 PM

• 56 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users