Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic 2 (2013 - iOS/Android) Post-Release Bugs/Fixes/Suggestions - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 23 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Sonic 2 (2013 - iOS/Android) Post-Release Bugs/Fixes/Suggestions Android Version Fixed!

#331 User is offline Thorn 

Posted 12 April 2016 - 07:46 PM

• Project:Sonic 2 Retro Remix
  • Wiki edits:33

I don't know where the d-pad opacity option is?
Is that like a special BlueStacks thing?

It's in the settings in the game, not in BlueStacks. You can access it from Help & Options or from the Pause menu.

(EDIT: Quoted previous post for new page.)
This post has been edited by Thorn: 12 April 2016 - 07:48 PM

#332 User is offline Jenuall 

Posted 19 April 2016 - 04:28 PM

Just upgraded to a Galaxy S7 and it's not letting me download Sonic 1 or 2, apparently they aren't compatible with my device? Any thoughts on this, is there a way I can bypass the compatibility check on the Play Store?

#333 User is offline muteKi 

Posted 23 September 2016 - 09:09 PM

• Fuck it
  • Wiki edits:91
Crashes every time I try to run a 2P game. Matches me up with an opponent, goes to the stage select screen, and then almost immediately gives me the "unfortunately it stopped" message. Android version.

#334 User is offline Sonic Warrior TJ 

Posted 24 September 2016 - 02:49 PM

• Likes Rise of Lyric
  • Wiki edits:21

View PostJenuall, on 19 April 2016 - 04:28 PM, said:

Just upgraded to a Galaxy S7 and it's not letting me download Sonic 1 or 2, apparently they aren't compatible with my device? Any thoughts on this, is there a way I can bypass the compatibility check on the Play Store?

Same for me. I'm just sort of hoping they'll eventually be compatible.

#335 User is offline big smile 

Posted 24 December 2016 - 12:46 PM

Has anyone been able to get the 2 player match on this to work on Android? I can get it fine to work if I play with a stranger, but if I invite with a friend, it always crashes. I've tried a multitude of different Android devices, but it is the same result. Do both devices need to be running the same version of Android? Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

#336 User is online Casshern 

Posted 26 December 2016 - 04:05 AM

I was actually going to get them again for my S7 and I have the same problem. I honestly can't believe I can get Sonic 4 Episode 2 on it but not the remasters.

#337 User is offline OcelotBot 

Posted 26 December 2016 - 05:56 AM

• Scooty-Puff Jr sucks!

View PostCasshern, on 26 December 2016 - 04:05 AM, said:

I was actually going to get them again for my S7 and I have the same problem. I honestly can't believe I can get Sonic 4 Episode 2 on it but not the remasters.

I also upgraded to S7 a month ago. I guess with Taxman & Stealth busy with Mania any hopes of them making compatible builds for the S7 are either a long way off or extremely unlikely. It's a shame.

Sonic CD has still not been put back on Google Play and the Sonic 1 updated brought to iOS at the start of year (which fixed the sound test issue) has still not come to Google Play either, which sucks.

So I downloaded Sonic CD, Sonic 2 and Sonic 4 Ep1 & Ep2 from Amazon.UK, which play fine. I think S4 Ep1 was free on Amazon and there was an earlier build of Sonic CD which was free (the most up-to-date version of CD you have to pay for). Sonic 1 on Amazon isn't compatible with my S7 so I used an apk.
This post has been edited by OcelotBot: 26 December 2016 - 06:17 AM

#338 User is offline blueswirl 

Posted 26 December 2016 - 08:33 AM

Strange, I also have the Samsung Galaxy S7 (European version with Exynos soc) and Sonic 1, 2 and CD downloaded without any problem and play fine. Maybe you have the American version with Qualcomm soc and that's the reason it doesn't work?

#339 User is offline Irixion 

Posted 26 December 2016 - 03:15 PM

• Project:Life
  • Wiki edits:152
So I picked this up earlier...I have a few nitpicks about it, but mainly, that you tend to get crushed by things that don't actually crush you in the original. You could be standing beside something, and then get crushed as if you were standing underneath it. It's like Sonic's hitbox is too big. Another issue occurred when going into the OOZ cannon things. I jumped in, Tails walked in, and then it somehow managed to shift me 64 pixels to the right, where I bounced off an enemy, then shot back up into the blocks. I had to reset as a result.

Another nitpick is that the high hat is very fatiguing to listen to after a while. My ears! Overall I had a good time with this. Runs well and plays well.

#340 User is offline D.A. Garden 

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:12 PM

• Wiki edits:44
I recently got a new phone (Sony Xperia XA) and while this still works great, there's a bit of a problem (with this and Sonic 1 for android also) on this device: It plays too fast. 10 seconds in real time is equal to about 11 seconds in game, and so Sonic moves slightly too fast (in fact, the whole game appears to be sped up slightly), and sound effects clip into each other as well. The music plays at the correct speed though, so I'm not too sure what the issue is, or how to fix it (a timing/sync issue, maybe?). All I know is, the game played fine on my previous device (Sony Xperia E3) and so at the moment, I can't play Sonic 1 or 2 properly. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

#341 User is offline BlazeHedgehog 

Posted 06 January 2017 - 09:04 PM

• A "Community Enigma"?
  • Wiki edits:51

View PostD.A. Garden, on 30 December 2016 - 09:12 PM, said:

I recently got a new phone (Sony Xperia XA) and while this still works great, there's a bit of a problem (with this and Sonic 1 for android also) on this device: It plays too fast. 10 seconds in real time is equal to about 11 seconds in game, and so Sonic moves slightly too fast (in fact, the whole game appears to be sped up slightly), and sound effects clip into each other as well. The music plays at the correct speed though, so I'm not too sure what the issue is, or how to fix it (a timing/sync issue, maybe?). All I know is, the game played fine on my previous device (Sony Xperia E3) and so at the moment, I can't play Sonic 1 or 2 properly. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

I participated in a Game Jam where there were judges and prizes and I won an Acer Iconia One 7. Having the exact same problem on that device. Just installed Sonic 2 from my Amazon app library, the game's running at roughly 125% speed for me. I'll need to dig deeper, but I think it's running on Android 5

My two-year-old Asus Memopad 7, also running Android 5, runs the game at normal speed. It's a bummer, because the Asus Memopad 7 won't pair with any bluetooth controllers I have, but the Acer Iconia does, so I'd rather use the Iconia to play something like Sonic 2.

Edit: I notice the version of Sonic 2 on Google Play says it's v3.1.5, whereas the one I downloaded off Amazon identifies as 3.0.7. The one on Google specifically mentions fixes for Lollipop. Did Amazon just never update to the latest version?
This post has been edited by BlazeHedgehog: 06 January 2017 - 09:59 PM

#342 User is offline D.A. Garden 

Posted 10 January 2017 - 04:35 AM

• Wiki edits:44
I have just realised that I forgot to mention, but I have Sonic 2 v3.1.5 for the Google Play Store (latest version), my Sony Xperia XA with the speed problem is running Android Marshmallow (6.0) and my old Sony Xperia E3 (that could play it with no issues) was running Android Kitkat (4.4).

Also, yes, it's running at about 125% speed (same as BlazeHedgehog) and is noticeable if you go into a Zone in Time Attack and compare the Time in the top left corner to an actual clock/timer. It should be almost the same, whereas it's quite noticeably off.

#343 User is offline big smile 

Posted 14 January 2017 - 05:32 AM

View Postbig smile, on 24 December 2016 - 12:46 PM, said:

Has anyone been able to get the 2 player match on this to work on Android? I can get it fine to work if I play with a stranger, but if I invite with a friend, it always crashes. I've tried a multitude of different Android devices, but it is the same result. Do both devices need to be running the same version of Android? Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

I figured this out:
-Both players need to have a save file in 1P mode (Otherwise the game will crash in 2P).
-It IS possible for players on different versions of Android to invite each other.
-Invites work better if the players are friends on Google Plus.
-The invite system is very buggy. On many occasions, when selecting 2P the game will skip straight to the online mode where you play against a stranger, so the option to invite a friend is missing. The only solution is to restart the device.

Taxman and Stealth did an awesome job of expanding the 2-player competition mode. Playing in the extra levels really enhances the game, although it's too bad that Hidden Palace isn't available.

Sadly, it's not possible to play as Super Sonic in 2P mode. In the Mega Drive version, this was a great little addition, as Tails could use a teleporter to steal the Super Sonic powers from Sonic. Then Sonic could try and find a teleporter to steal the powers back.

It was like playing ‘Super Sonic Tag’ and it enriched the game greatly.

If these games ever get ported to consoles, it would be nice if Super Sonic could be restored to 2P mode. (Although, it was a bug in the original, so I appreciate why it was left out of the port).
This post has been edited by big smile: 14 January 2017 - 05:34 AM

#344 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 15 March 2017 - 02:48 PM

• Project:Working on my art!
  • Wiki edits:10
I know, mega bump, but is there any chance that the debug/level select codes will ever work again in Sonic 1 or 2 (Android)? I can't get them to work with the touch screen at all.

• 23 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Yandex