Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic 2 (2013 - iOS/Android) Post-Release Bugs/Fixes/Suggestions - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 23 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Sonic 2 (2013 - iOS/Android) Post-Release Bugs/Fixes/Suggestions Android Version Fixed!

#31 User is offline Ritz 

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:25 PM

• Subhedgehog
  • Wiki edits:2
Hidden Palace plays Mystic Cave's 2P song instead of $10, pretty weird oversight

#32 User is offline Machenstein 

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:39 PM

View PostRitz, on 12 December 2013 - 08:25 PM, said:

Hidden Palace plays Mystic Cave's 2P song instead of $10, pretty weird oversight

Not entirely. The Simon Wai prototype played Mystic Cave's 2P song in Hidden Palace Zone, not $10.

My theory is that $10 was going to be used for a cut-scene in Hidden Palace Zone where Sonic would transform into Super Sonic for the first time. Just listen to how $10 ends before it loops back to the beginning. It sounds like Sonic had just undergone a great transformation or something.

#33 User is offline GeneHF 

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:56 PM

• SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be.
  • Project:Complete Global Conquest
  • Wiki edits:381

https://twitter.com/...261767046553600

All according to plan. The right choice was made after playing through the level with #10 playing. Did not fit at all.

#34 User is offline Blue Blood 

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:58 PM

• Wiki edits:6
Got a really unfair glitch in multiplayer. By taking screenshot while in the special stage, my game lagged a bit and so we became unsynchronised. My opponent appeared to be jumping about a second early for every obstacle, so so kept appearing to get hit on my screen. That wasn't a problem though, because his ring counter was unaffected. Or so I thought... because he was ahead of me, his ring counter was also reset a few seconds before mine meaning that at every checkpoint I would have however many rings I'd collected and he would have 0! Come the results screen, it said I won and he'd got zero rings.

Now, there was a second glitch. Somehow, maybe related to the above I'm not sure, my score wasn't resetting. It was really high, too. In the region of 16,000 and essentially gave me an auto-win. Not really fair, but hey at least I won! :P

#35 User is offline Machenstein 

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:25 PM

View PostGeneHF, on 12 December 2013 - 08:56 PM, said:

https://twitter.com/...261767046553600

All according to plan. The right choice was made after playing through the level with #10 playing. Did not fit at all.

I do think a faster rendition of $10 could fit Hidden Palace Zone if done right. I wonder what a 16-BIT rendition of this would sound like. If the link doesn't work properly, skip ahead to 2:20.

#36 User is offline KingOfBunnies 

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:45 PM

Activated the Super Sonic glitch again to show off exactly what it looks like so you can all get a better idea of what it's like. First picture is directly after the glitch occurred. I have no rings, yet Super Sonic and the music still remain.
Posted Image

I then hit the ten ring box that's seen in the first picture and as expected, nothing changed about the ring count.
Posted Image

Score tally doesn't count anything but my time, just like the last time.
Posted Image

The weird thing about this glitch is I do hit zero rings when I get three Eggman icons in the slot machine. But then it makes another sound effect to signal I'm still getting hurt by the spikes, which then makes the ring counter blank. Hopefully this doesn't seem redundant, I just wanted to further show what the glitch looked like.
This post has been edited by KingOfBunnies: 12 December 2013 - 09:46 PM

#37 User is offline Kilometers Prower 

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:53 PM

• no mater wot medoner ses
  • Wiki edits:12
Gonna have to jump on the "Sound Test #10 option" bandwagon, here. I totally understand the reasoning behind the music switch (and agree, even), but I'd be lying if I said it didn't put a damper on the experience of playing a completed Hidden Palace for me.

#38 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:56 PM

• Project:Sonic Lost World: Nonexistent Six/Fixed Edition; Sonic Genesis Adventure (Let's see how long this lasts :V)
  • Wiki edits:10

View PostKilometers Prower, on 12 December 2013 - 09:53 PM, said:

Gonna have to jump on the "Sound Test #10 option" bandwagon, here. I totally understand the reasoning behind the music switch (and agree, even), but I'd be lying if I said it didn't put a damper on the experience of playing a completed Hidden Palace for me.

I feel like at least having the option would be nice. Over the years Sound Test #10 has just become engrained in my brain as Hidden Palace. Listening to Mystic Cave 2P just sounds... wrong (even if #10 also sounds wrong).
This post has been edited by Dark Sonic: 12 December 2013 - 09:57 PM

#39 User is offline GeneHF 

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:56 PM

• SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be.
  • Project:Complete Global Conquest
  • Wiki edits:381

View PostKingOfBunnies, on 12 December 2013 - 09:45 PM, said:

(words)

I think this is a case of an underflow. It's trying to count negative values.

#40 User is offline Guess Who 

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:15 PM

• It's a miracle!
  • Project:lol
  • Wiki edits:2

View PostKilometers Prower, on 12 December 2013 - 09:53 PM, said:

IMO, if the version in Sonic 2 final doesn't fit, I'd love an updated rearrangement of it. The melody has this sense of majesty and mystery that the MCZ 2P terribly lacks, and it's become ingrained in a lot of people's minds as "Hidden Palace's music", but I admit it is a bit too low-tempo to fit the pace of the stage (especially with this layout) and the original instrumentation may be a bit grating.

#41 User is offline Master Emerald 

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:32 PM

• Project:College
  • Wiki edits:22
But what is the problem in adding an option? Everybody is happy ;P

It doesn't fit with the new hidden palace because now it's full of rockets, water jets and CPz-y hi speed sections with loops, though.

#42 User is offline corneliab 

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:01 PM

• Isn't it about time you played some VIDEOGAMES?
  • Project:not posting drunk
  • Wiki edits:21

You are underestimating these guys to a really weird degree if you could possibly think that was an oversight.

Having that music play was unexpected initially, but I could totally see why it was chosen as the stage continued. That tweet mentioned the stage having a "prehistoric feel"- this is EXACTLY what I picked up on as well. You have little dino bots running around, I mean really.

#43 User is offline Skyler 

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:33 AM

• On a neverending quest to find the Oldbie Lounge
  • Project:Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3
  • Wiki edits:136
I glided into Shellcracker, bounced off it into the tube, clung to the wall, and then this happened.

Posted Image
This post has been edited by Skyler: 13 December 2013 - 04:36 AM

#44 User is offline Dan Lioneye 

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:03 AM

View PostSkyler, on 13 December 2013 - 04:33 AM, said:

I glided into Shellcracker, bounced off it into the tube, clung to the wall, and then this happened.

I've done that in the original S2&K too.

#45 User is offline Diablohead 

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:42 AM

• Indie dev
  • Project:games
  • Wiki edits:16
So far this version is brilliant just like sonic 1 and cd, great work guys yet again!

I am also happy that you kept in 2 player and made it work over the internet and with more stages, I have always loved how sonic 2 had some of the best multiplayer on the megadrive and you kept it alive again in this version.

A few glitches I have bumped into and other little things:

-OOZ2 has a broken set of those shooting balls, about half way into the stage there is one which will start fine but then launch you into the sky forever off screen.
-Coming out of a special stage in EHZ1 I dropped down from the star post up high and was hit by nothing, I believe it was an invisible buzz bomber which did not load in correctly, running away and returning made him appear as normal.
-Playing online, when another user quits the game seems to give you no heads up and will return to the menu instantly, this is fine but to actually get the achievement or see final results you have to get to that final page yourself before the other user quits, I would suggest maybe having it so if the other player quits out of the game while you are not in an actual level the game keeps you where you are until you try to play the next match. So far only one random game online has reached the very end, too many people rage quit.
- No HTZ boss but I'm sure everyone has said that.

That's all, again great work! love it.
This post has been edited by Diablohead: 13 December 2013 - 07:42 AM

• 23 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users